• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Again about Hytrel ring

antonygr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/10/23
What can be done to make the plant hear about this problem?

antonygr

20/10/23
can write a general letter to the plant that they have such a problem. in new watches they will correct it, and for old ones they will sell new rings, corrected, through dealers. How do you think? so I remember doing a clean factory with gmt sprite.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A
Maybe this is a wear problem of the mechanism that produces these rings? Over time, everything wears out. and requires replacement.
A gen or high quality hytrel ring will not wear out easily. I daresay a properly sized (in diameter) piece of fishline will never exhibit play unless the bezel groove or retaining ring lip it rests under has defects like burrs or sharp edges.

Fishline is incredibly tough. As I mentioned in the link below, if you put a piece in place that is too big, the bezel can be pressed on with extra effort but then it won't rotate. It can happen that afterwards the bezel will not come off the case. This is because the fishline is so dense there is no give to it. The only solution then is to remove the movement and any other O rings and gaskets you can, then heat the watch head in an oven to 500° for 20-30 minutes.

This does not leave a mess, the fishline will melt, turn black and shrink or crumble allowing for easy removal and cleanup. It will also melt a crystal gasket if present and it can stink a bit so best done with open windows and other family members gone. Note that there are precautions about nylon fumes being toxic, so proceed at your own risk. This is a tiny bit of melting taking place whose danger can be deemed negligible IMO. I have had to do this twice, due to using too big a piece of fishline.

The point of this discussion is to attest to the near indestructible nature of fishline. With normal use in a bezel it should never be compromised.

Using fishline as a hytrel ring

zIp6uS.jpg

You can try to get a TD to pass your complaint along to the factory, that is the best way. No doubt they are well aware of it and continue to use inferior products due to profit interests or contract obligations.

Last edited:

antonygr

20/10/23
You can try to get a TD to pass your complaint along to the factory, that is the best way. No doubt they are well aware of it and continue to use inferior products due to profit interests or contract obligations.
I think it is as you said. I'll try. I don’t know what will happen.

antonygr

20/10/23
Im write my dealer . I hope the manufacturer hears this. It would be good if everyone wrote to the dealer about this. I don't think this is a big expense. fix it, it's not steel, it's platinum.

Reactions: KJ2020

antonygr

20/10/23
Can he write a collective letter to the factory saying that they have such a problem with the Hytrel ring? Or ask dealers to convey this information.

antonygr

20/10/23
And for those who have a problem, they sold it through dealers. This is what Clean Factors did with Sprite GMT

antonygr

20/10/23
I want to send this letter to all TDs, maybe this will fix the problem.

"Dear TD, I ask you to help not only me, but also many customers with a problem that appeared about a year ago. Please inform the vsf factory about this. Problem with Hytrel bezel ring. There were probably changes in the parameters of this ring and now the bezel is playing. Previously it had no play and the bezel movement was stiff. Now buying a batch of 10-20 pieces of Rolex Submariner 40 mm and 41 mm, this is a problem for the entire purchased batch. On the forums they began to correct this problem by inserting fishing line of different thicknesses. Please fix this in future releases and sell the corrected ring through dealers. Thank you in advance."

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I want to send this letter to all TDs, maybe this will fix the problem.

"Dear TD, I ask you to help not only me, but also many customers with a problem that appeared about a year ago. Please inform the vsf factory about this. Problem with Hytrel bezel ring. There were probably changes in the parameters of this ring and now the bezel is playing. Previously it had no play and the bezel movement was stiff. Now buying a batch of 10-20 pieces of Rolex Submariner 40 mm and 41 mm, this is a problem for the entire purchased batch. On the forums they began to correct this problem by inserting fishing line of different thicknesses. Please fix this in future releases and sell the corrected ring through dealers. Thank you in advance."
Hey Mate

First of all its not clear about your problem for me at least.

I would like to clear out that gen hyrtels may not fit perfectly to the reps, Ive expirienced that a few times.
So if you arent able to get from factory (and afaik VS does not sell spare. Clean for example does) I would really recommend the fishing line technique provided by @KJ2020

This may fix a vertical play, because hyrtel ring keeps the whole bezel on the case itself.
If you are talking of the backplay radially, then you can improve this by stretching the click springs, greasing the balls with silicone grease, maybe go genuine click springs with more tension so the balls fit better inside the 120 scallops on the underside of the bezel.

I had tons uf submariners, also tons of VS subs. And I never had real issues on them where any caused some backplay more then my genuine submariner do (at least not massive more).
Is your dealer a trusted dealer so are you sure you got a VS?

I hope I could help you.

antonygr

20/10/23
Yes, sure. I also check the serial number using the fastener code. I don't know of any other tests for originality vsf. I get this from trusted dealers and also order in large quantities. But unfortunately this is a problem. She was not at the clean factory. Now she has also started to appear. I'm not just talking about playing up and down, but also left and right. I've also been through a lot of Rolex submariners. I think that most likely they changed either the size or the material

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Yes, sure. I also check the serial number using the fastener code. I don't know of any other tests for originality vsf. I get this from trusted dealers and also order in large quantities. But unfortunately this is a problem. She was not at the clean factory. Now she has also started to appear. I'm not just talking about playing up and down, but also left and right. I've also been through a lot of Rolex submariners. I think that most likely they changed either the size or the material
Maybe a video would help? I really did not have this issue till now?
You realise that even genuine has a bit play vertical 0.05mm maybe?

antonygr

20/10/23
I think the height should be 0.65 and the length 0.75-0.8.

antonygr

20/10/23
due to the thickness of the ring the bezel will not play at all

antonygr

20/10/23
If the td letter doesn't work, I'll try to order several sizes on Alibaba. 0.6*0.75 and 0.6*.0.8

antonygr

20/10/23
All ring then i buy from ali have standard rolex size 0.65*0.65. and after install problem with bezel play is being decided.(( I think that before the vsf ring sizes were different. more than standard.

antonygr

20/10/23
I found a factory and made an agreement with it. let's decide on the sizes.

antonygr

20/10/23
Im find standard size 31.9*0.65*0.65 size for gen bezel