• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advise on issues from watch purchased on M2M

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Well it's all going PIp rough PP now so I am sure they will come to a sensible decision. I have been advised to have no further contact with the seller, or discuss the matter further. So I will no longer be posting on this thread.

I hope all that have been negative do not have to experience all this hassle if and when something like this happens to them.

This tells me you are a Scammer!
Your trying to keep the watch that you can't prove any damage on?
And get your money back also?
If you wasn't a scammer? You would drop the PP dispute right now! And do as the Mods has asked you!
But you have no intention of working this out from the beginning.. Because you want to eat your cake and ice cream both!
Bet you have already told PP everything because you know it will be in your favor!
Because of the rep watch rule they have!
YOU Sir are being a thief?
If your not a thief you will withdraw your Pp dispute with this seller....and settle this like it should be!
You have been on this forum just as long as i have....you dam well know the rules?...So quit lie!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

JAFO

Respected Member
16/10/13
Mitch - I posted earlier that I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those deals where the seller refunds the money, gets the watch back, and guess what's in the box? A 50 buck PAM rep. This is sure what it sounds like to me, and it wouldn't be the first time we've heard of this happening. I'm not saying that's what the buyer intends to do, but how the f**k can somebody absolutely trash a seller without one shred of proof??? I take ALL of my sales pics with my iphone. And it always astounds me how great the pics are. If these "flaws", or whatever he wants to call them, are so damn bad then you sure as hell can capture it in a picture.

And if it truly is an issue as Sana describes - that's just how it is. The OP should send the damn thing to a modder for a hand and crystal swap and be done. OR...he should have filed a help desk ticket and kept his mouth shut until the issue was resolved. IF he could produce a pic that showed these glaring flaws then fine, post a thread, rip the seller, and none of us would have come down on him. But he can't. In his own words, the flaws are impossible to capture in a picture. In my book that means they don't exist. Or they do and are so minor that it don't make a damn.

We've all seen enough of these threads to know what's probably going on here: The buyer dropped 500 bucks on a piece and when he gets it he realizes it ain't perfect. Which is a bitter pill to swallow when you've dropped 500 bucks on a watch. But it's normal in the rep world. You want perfect? Go to Walmart and buy a freaking digital watch and stay off the boards.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Man I think this guy is trying to get the watch and the money... I may be wrong but this just doesn't seem right,, opening the pp before he opened this thread, then not posting pics of the problems he's claiming and not willing to pull the dispute even after finding he would be banned over it... It all just seems to convenient and he was at least dishonest about the timing of the dispute... He conveniently didn't answer about when the pp dispute was filed.... I'd bet if he gets the money from pp the seller will never were that watch again....

I feel the same.

afdaddy

Renowned Member
13/12/13
Wow, what a goat show...9 pages of this guy fighting back against everyone telling him he's wrong....incredible. People just have zero self awareness!

Well, have fun being banned from the forums, and likely on the watch lists for the dealers.

Does his paypal acct get put on a list somewhere in case he tries to come back with a different address?

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
OK guys. This is what happens when two guys start fighting here and do not ask staff for help before taking actions and then not taking advice from staff to handle this as gentlemen or in a manner keeping the dicks from PP out of it.
Both banned as per staff/admins decision.

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
OK guys. This is what happens when two guys start fighting here and do not ask staff for help before taking actions and then not taking advice from staff to handle this as gentlemen or in a manner keeping the dicks from PP out of it.

:thumbsup: they should have seen it coming

let's get back to the lounge Co-Ax, they are getting warm. :)

beer-flight.jpg

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
I hate it for the seller but he posted up private emails between him and the buyer,, and the buyer, well, what can anyone say,, he was told repeatedly by us and then apparently mods as well... This is why it's so important to know the rules here...

D

d4m.test

We need a new sticky in the sales forum with a list of partial emails and mailing addresses of confirmed scanners. Only updated by mods of course.

I've seen the old dirk rover thread there for too long, yet there are always new stories of people doing PayPal scams or trading scams. If we have a list like:

denis.spa***@hotmail.com
1** Whatever St.
New York, NY

Then we can always refer to the mailing address whenever we make a sale, or check the email address when making a purchase. With the *'s in key places, it still maintains a tiny bit of privacy.

I know the mods are constantly working and putting users in pink and checking for duplicate accounts, but a public thread with this info might make would be scammers apprehensive.

-Posted from Tapatalk

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
feel bad for the seller but im sure there is more then we know about..

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Sucks for the seller,, this guy screws his pp up and he winds up banned,,, but you can't post private emails,, I feel sure that is why he got the ax as well...

Yeah. I guess so.

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Not to step on anyone's toes - but can someone explain why the seller was banned?

I do not mean to undermine any mod's authority here, but after 18 pages of this stuff - it appeared that the buyer had completely unrealistic expectation and seemed like he was suffering from severe buyers remorse. Then opens up a paypal dispute without mod approval, then insults board members, ... the fact that op was getting the boot was seen by everyone. But what did the seller do wrong to fascilitate being banned. Asking more out of curiosity and so that others know what to do and what not to do when things go wrong.

If i am out of line in any way for my question, let me know and i will shut right up. lol

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
One thing,, if you'll go back to his first or second post, he posted the buyers email,,, that is strictly forbidden here...I told him to take it down and was ignored... Other then that, don't know.. But I know it's STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to post private emails here...

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
My bad mitch - when i checked this thread yesterday it seamed that he did take it down, but somebody had reposted it before he had a chance to and the repost still had the personal email info. In any case, rules are rules ... sorry for how things turned out for him.

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
My bad mitch - when i checked this thread yesterday it seamed that he did take it down, but somebody had reposted it before he had a chance to and the repost still had the personal email info. In any case, rules are rules ... sorry for how things turned out for him.
Me too bro, but I know they are dead serious about posting another members personal info,, that's the only thing i can figure..

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14

As you can see above, sounds like the mods told the guy to work with the OP which he failed to do.. I have been through a paypal dispute on a gen board and after the paypal dispute is escalated you longer work out a deal between the parties. You have to wait for paypal to make a verdict.

egroegart

Respected Member
1/7/13
I don't think the seller was following the mods directives either, especially when he said he just wanted paypal to sort it out and he wanted paypal to see the pics too. lol. Now that's a noob thing to say if I ever heard one. both noobs, both stupid. Follow the rules. Listen to the mods. simples