• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 MKF

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
MKF is a fat boy (too thick) :)

Agreed ! But to each their own, some like a decorated movement.

Frankly, for me it would be more interested to have a rep with 9mm thickness and a solid back that 12mm with a glass back and a decorated movement (I do not see this decoration the whole day when wearing the watch). 12mm is definitely too much, for me 10mm would be the absolute max.

MKF looks really nice, decoration of movement is not so important for me as I am waering the watch and do not see it then. But ... 12 mm? Its 33% more that the Gen. Got meanwhile the Miyota Rep wich is slightly thicker that the gen. Mainly satified but have to live with wrong hands and pins in braclet i/o screws.

I quoted posts from both the threads discussing this watch instead of copy-pasting my post in each:

Guys the MKF is not as thick as you think, using a digital caliper from crystal to crystal I get 10.05mm

Using the caliper from the bezel to the highest point in the metal part of the caseback i get 9.81mm

Yes it is thicker, but nowhere near 12mm...

Here it is, I also tried the caliper on my TF15400 and it is thicker than I expected.

vzYhYLk.jpg

MKF 5711 vs TF 15400
QQM3Hmb.jpg
sH89s7g.jpg

jtKTTvy.jpg
c5AQ465.jpg

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
14/8/14
I quoted posts from both the threads discussing this watch instead of copy-pasting my post in each:

Guys the MKF is not as thick as you think, using a digital caliper from crystal to crystal I get 10.05mm

Using the caliper from the bezel to the highest point in the metal part of the caseback i get 9.81mm

Yes it is thicker, but nowhere near 12mm...

Here it is, I also tried the caliper on my TF15400 and it is thicker than I expected.

Care to share any wristshots? What's more important is how it looks on wrist.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Care to share any wristshots? What's more important is how it looks on wrist.

I don't have the watch with me but here are two wrist shots I took yesterday.

Sorry for the crappy pics but I only have my phone and no talent for photography.

lJmGKFt.jpg

u4defKi.jpg

Is it me or the dial is too rounded ?

I don't get it. The actual shape of the dial is wrong? This would mean the shape of the bezel is wrong too no?

I know it has several flaws but I really enjoy wearing it.
The bracelet and watch are very well made and it is super comfortable on the wrist (I have quite a flat wrist).
Wish I had owned the previous versions but since I haven't, I cannot compare them.

hoanghung45

Renowned Member
12/10/14
The bezel proportion seems larger than gen as well.
Damn, i really should stop researching and enjoy this piece. It is a well-built rep indeed

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Damn, i really should stop researching and enjoy this piece. It is a well-built rep indeed

Exactly, I enjoy wearing my MKF for now and if a better version comes out, I will consider switching,

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Any members got the MK white dial version?

seriously considering that especially since the thickness is not as advertised but thinner.

please post pics (and thoughts) of the white dial version.

:)

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
It's about time. Such a simple watch that never has been repped correctly.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Wishful thinking, but I am so much anticipating The 2015 Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1R.. hope those they are talking about will include this version :)

patek_phillipe_nautilus_5711_1r_001_rose_gold_0.jpg

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Wishful thinking, but I am so much anticipating The 2015 Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1R.. hope those they are talking about will include this version :)

patek_phillipe_nautilus_5711_1r_001_rose_gold_0.jpg

Saw Macklemore rocking this beaut at the AMA's last night. Not a fan of RG but dang it looked good!

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
If you think this is a "simple" watch, think again. We are talking Patek Philippe, not Casio

It's a date only watch with a relatively simple design. It's been repped before but they always manage to mess one or two things up. There are 21j versions with the correct dial, versions with the correct bracelet, case, date font, etc etc but they've never built one without two or three big flaws. Look at the AP and Rolex reps, they're much more accurate compared to the Nautilus reps that are currently available

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
It's a date only watch with a relatively simple design. It's been repped before but they always manage to mess one or two things up. There are 21j versions with the correct dial, versions with the correct bracelet, case, date font, etc etc but they've never built one without two or three big flaws. Look at the AP and Rolex reps, they're much more accurate compared to the Nautilus reps that are currently available

I know, sorry I was being a bit sarcastic :p

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Based on that movement cover, the immediate impression that strikes is the Côtes de Genève is much more detailed