• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 MKF

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
I noticed something interesting : it seems that the last batch of BP Nautilus (the first Miyota one) have the great rotor of this version. Mine has, and I've seen another one with it too. Best of both worlds ! Will upload a pic.

FredZ

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/8/14
I noticed something interesting : it seems that the last batch of BP Nautilus (the first Miyota one) have the great rotor of this version. Mine has, and I've seen another one with it too. Best of both worlds ! Will upload a pic.

I'm happy to see what you mean exactly

jakethemouse

Known Member
16/3/15
I actually wouldn't mind the extra pin on the bracelet because that just means I can swap it onto a strap without having to beg TDs to sell me an extra lug for the strap like it used to be!

My main peeves would be the larger dial marker Lume areas, wrong Lume colour (then again subjected to lighting), wrong dial (again subjected to lighting)

Hang on a minute so can you swap out the Bracelet with a leather strap in this version?

Sorry about the double post :)

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Hang on a minute so can you swap out the Bracelet with a leather strap in this version?

In the past versions without that extra pin, it meant that the end lug followed the bracelet when removed so if you wanted to don a strap you would need another spare lug which TDs may struggle to get the right one that matches your precise model/factory.

So this is inaccurate but a win nonetheless!

montblanc2

Renowned Member
26/1/15
hi guys, i have a nautilus v3 with a sw200, my rotor sucks, yesterday the patek logo sticker come off, do you know if exist a rotor with the logo engraved that could fit my movement?

thank you

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
In the past versions without that extra pin, it meant that the end lug followed the bracelet when removed so if you wanted to don a strap you would need another spare lug which TDs may struggle to get the right one that matches your precise model/factory.

So this is inaccurate but a win nonetheless!

Correct but not a win to me to be honest.. The gen 5711A doesn't come with extra pin on the strap. you can spot it across a meeting table. two things I look at when I see someone wearing one, the pin on the first link, and the size of the lug to see if it was an SW200. those two tells bother me the most on the SW200 version. that's why I got myself the undercoated Miyota with the right size lug, and no pin on the first link, the hands are wrong, but I fixed it with the 21J version hands.. the rest of tells would be difficult without handling the watch yourself up close and personal.

My moto, get it closer to gen as possible. Get the 5711A version without the pin, and get another one with the strap. because the 5711 SS version with bracelet comes only in blue or white, where the 5711G comes in grey and on a strap not on a bracelet. so doing the change will create a fantasy Nautilus. but to each his/her own though..

fafa63

Horology Curious
6/1/16
hello , sorry im not sure if thats the right thread im new here , but i recently got a nautilus jmbo and i tough it was the last mkf version however i noticed there is like a litle magnet in the center of the rotor which make the rotor turn very loudly and also the font of the date dose not seam right anyone has an ideas what it can be or similar problem ?

hoanghung45

Renowned Member
12/10/14
hello , sorry im not sure if thats the right thread im new here , but i recently got a nautilus jmbo and i tough it was the last mkf version however i noticed there is like a litle magnet in the center of the rotor which make the rotor turn very loudly and also the font of the date dose not seam right anyone has an ideas what it can be or similar problem ?
I'm not sure about the date but those are normal problems with decorated mvt

Zoltar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/2/12
Are these decorated Miyota movements also available without the watch? I want to make an ultimate rep.

JMMC

30/11/14
Caution, the decorated movement you are refering too, I guess the ones on the latest MKFs, aka the fat Nautilus :), may not fit in to the thinner old 9015 Miyota case.
May be, a more expert member could chime on it.

JMMC

30/11/14
Caution, the decorated movement you are refering too, I guess the ones on the latest MKFs, aka the fat Nautilus :), may not fit in to the thinner old 9015 Miyota case.
May be, a more expert member could chime on it.

Also, you may reconsider that. After all, ANY Nautilus rep movement, decorated or not, it's a joke !!!

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
The MKF case is thicker to accommodate the decorated movement. Will definitely not fit the BP version.

psapas

11/9/13
How about this 5711 MKF v3, is it better than previous versions or the BP's still better?

f8850b902761425f5f5a1f702a9df844.jpg

1e059c23aef21ec6afb0b2b5af3119b4.jpg

765da634c7f98fcc63b85683d0fce1d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk