• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 3KF V2 is here!

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
True. Though it remains to be clarified if this is at all visible when in hand or it only can be seen with a loupe (and on zoomed-in pictures). Personally i think it's will be too small to be noticeable in hand.
I think if one notices the crown issue on the PPF should notice this crown guard issue on the 3KF

Reactions: MasterWatch

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I think if one notices the crown issue on the PPF should notice this crown guard issue on the 3KF

I respectfully disagree buddy. The crown is protruding significantly on the ppf. It's very noticeable from a fair distance once you've seen the gen. It's the "first-look" impression you get when you look at ppf and the gen. It's like if the crown is pulled out to set the date.

The guard issue on the 3KF is a very miniscule detail, which i would guess is pretty hard to see on the wrist. But then again i could be wrong, as i haven't seen this new 3KF in real life.

Reactions: marcoxxxx84

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20

The ppf picture is a little wonky because I couldn't find a close up "dial directly on" image, they were always at an angle.

I've always thought that the date on the PPF actually looks better than on the gen! If I saw both of those without prior knowledge, I'd be calling out the gen as the cheaper printed DW :confused:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
No, you would have to mill the case and adjust to make it happen, not an easy thing.

Thanks Keylog I appreciate the information. Would a PPF movement fit into the PF case? I'm not sure if it would matter but there are some obvious flaws with the PF movement that to me are more visible than the PPF movement.

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
Hey guys, people here mentioned that you can't put another strap onto this case because the first link is wrong and the case is wrong. But this taller and less horizontally wide link kind of looks like the link for a leather strap. Is it possible to put a leather strap on it?

Thanks!

SchittsforBrains

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
Hey guys, people here mentioned that you can't put another strap onto this case because the first link is wrong and the case is wrong. But this taller and less horizontally wide link kind of looks like the link for a leather strap. Is it possible to put a leather strap on it?

Thanks!

3KF 5711 is based off a leather strap 5711R, Leather strap 5711R and Gold strap 5711R have different lug specs. So yes, you can fit a leather strap on the 3kf 5711 and 3kF specifically sells leather straps for their 5711s

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
There is a new gray blue dial version 3kf . How does that dial color to gen ?

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
3KF 5711 is based off a leather strap 5711R, Leather strap 5711R and Gold strap 5711R have different lug specs. So yes, you can fit a leather strap on the 3kf 5711 and 3kF specifically sells leather straps for their 5711s

I'm glad I asked you, that is huge news and very unexpected. A little confused on the different lug specs. So I need to get a strap for the non gold version?

Would this not fix the first link size issue?

SchittsforBrains

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
Wondering the same thing. The one with leather strap right

The problem with this is that patek never made a 5711/A SS with a leather strap. So if you decide to go with the blue/gray dial with a leather strap, that would be an instant tell that its a rep.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The problem with this is that patek never made a 5711/A SS with a leather strap. So if you decide to go with the blue/gray dial with a leather strap, that would be an instant tell that its a rep.

"Instant tell" really, who is going to tell instantly? 99% of the population don't care and the 1% have better things to do than caring about a leather strap on your wrist. We seem to be sometimes throwing the "instant tell" too leniently, just enjoy the watch (you are the only one who cares :D)

SchittsforBrains

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
"Instant tell" really, who is going to tell instantly? 99% of the population don't care and the 1% have better things to do than caring about a leather strap on your wrist. We seem to be sometimes throwing the "instant tell" too leniently, just enjoy the watch (you are the only one who cares :D)

I'd normally agree with you, I'd even say the messed up dw font of the 3k, or the large first link isn't a deal breaker and 99.9% of the people won't care or notice. However, this isn't really the same thing.

He'd be wearing a watch that was never made, because 5711/1A was never made with a leather strap... Likewise, I'd never wear a calatrava 5296 with a steel strap because it was never made.

If he cares that much about the closeness of the dial color "to gen" then shouldn't wearing a watch that was never produced bother him? But then again, that's just me. If it makes you happy, go for it. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Have you ever seen somebody changing strap to a watch? Maybe put a leather strap on a submariner or else?
Wouldn’t be possible for somebody with a gen 5711 to put it on a leather/rubber strap for his amusement?

Reactions: gilrob and Nivka

SchittsforBrains

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
LOL what an absolutely pointless rebuttal, we're talking about the 5711/1A on a leather strap, they don't even make after market leather/rubber straps for the 5711/1A. For sure a sub with a nato, leather or whatever strap is fine, there are tons of after market straps for these, we're talking apples and oranges here.

Do a google search and look for 5711/1A on a leather/rubber strap see what you come up with. I'll apologize if you can find one that isn't a rep.

Unless you're telling me someone is willing to go through the trouble of custom making a steel strap for a gen 5711/1A which includes the manufacturing of the first link to fit the lugs. Or they've placed their gen 5711/1A dial into a gen 5711G case to fit the leather strap. Both of these possibilities are laughable at best. If you're gonna go for something like this why not remove every trace of the steel bracelet and just go straight nato?

Like I previously stated, my whole initial response was predicated on the fact that he wanted to know how "to gen" the dial color was, if you care that much about the "to gen"ness, why would you ever opt for a 5711/1A with a leather strap?

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
I'd normally agree with you, I'd even say the messed up dw font of the 3k, or the large first link isn't a deal breaker and 99.9% of the people won't care or notice. However, this isn't really the same thing.

He'd be wearing a watch that was never made, because 5711/1A was never made with a leather strap... Likewise, I'd never wear a calatrava 5296 with a steel strap because it was never made.

If he cares that much about the closeness of the dial color "to gen" then shouldn't wearing a watch that was never produced bother him? But then again, that's just me. If it makes you happy, go for it. Enjoy.

I agree with your statements completely, I'm going for as close to gen as possible.

But I mean, you could be a gen owner who just decided the strap was too heavy right? I bought a gen AP rubber bracelet and put it on my gen royal oak offshore with titanium strap because the bracelet was too heavy and hurting my wrist actually.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The PP 5711G Nautilus with a solid 18K white gold case is the only 5711 model that came with a black leather strap that I know of. If an owner of a 5711/1A, gen or rep, decides to use a leather or rubber strap, that is their decision. After all, it is their watch.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
The blue gray dial v2 come with steel bracelet not strap. How is the color of dial is the thing

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
Which is the better choice. The blue dial or the Grey blue dial? I'm going buy this rep next. Which looks the closest to Gen?