• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 3KF V2 is here!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
the images dont load for some reason. here is the imgur - https://imgur.com/a/Y5Uh0Tu

Thank you for sharing. The dial is decent at best, but they have applied the black date window border so that it sits above the dial. Gen should have that black border sit below the cut out on the dial.

See this old comparison of the date window, then look at the 3KF - it's noticeably raised and different from gen. Also I can't quite place it but the markers look wrong. I don't know exactly what the issue is, but that's my first pass. Finishing of the dial looks decent, so does the printing. Of course date font is too small.
VZP6J0.jpg

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Thank you for sharing. The dial is decent at best, but they have applied the black date window border so that it sits above the dial. Gen should have that black border sit below the cut out on the dial.

See this old comparison of the date window, then look at the 3KF - it's noticeably raised and different from gen. Also I can't quite place it but the markers look wrong. I don't know exactly what the issue is, but that's my first pass. Finishing of the dial looks decent, so does the printing. Of course date font is too small.
VZP6J0.jpg

Here's a picture comparing the Gen and 3KF as best as I could get it. It is close but you're right the cutout for 3kf dosnt look recessed, the min markers are slightly smaller, and the date font is still slightly smaller than gen.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
Here's a picture comparing the Gen and 3KF as best as I could get it. It is close but you're right the cutout for 3kf dosnt look recessed, the min markers are slightly smaller, and the date font is still slightly smaller than gen.

WOW 3K looks pretty darn good, nice size, nice font..

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
WOW 3K looks pretty darn good, nice size, nice font..

The font is a replica font, so don't compare that. I would compare the vertical size if you're looking at font, but thats it.

What we are comparing is how the date window is framed.

passedaway

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20

Is PPFv4 dial better than 3KF?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
the color of the dial on the ppf v4 and totally wrong the 3kf v2 is better

Don't say such silly things.

Comparing pictures of different watches under different lighting conditions is a no go to determine the differences.

If you would have followed the discourse regarding the evolution of the PPF white dial and have seen the gen/rep comparisons under similar lighting then you would know that the 3KF is good but lacks on many other aspects compared to the PPF let alone the gen.

PPF nailed the color and especially the transition to a creamy beige to an almost grayish sliver shine in certain positions. The 3KF has a slightly changing hue to the white, yes, but PPF did an outstanding job while forgetting about other important things like the bezel shape or crown length.

Comparing them in regards to their movements it comes down to personal preferences - aesthetically the clone is obviously more pleasing to the connoisseur - Not to speak of functionality or reliability.

Unless we are abled to hold all 3 iterations of the 5711 (gen, pdf, 3kf) besides each other we are not abled to comment on an objective consensus. Everything else which isn't dependent on the lighting like form, polishing etc. can be observed through the pictures of course.

And those comparisons show the unfortunate existence of a wrongly shaped end link which makes it yet another rep in the catalogue which almost reached a new level of decency... almost.

my 2cts.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
I think what annoys me the most about 3kf is that it took them a full on year to do what, engrave the dial ish (didn't get the engraving color right). But they didn't fix the first links, which were huge problems adressed right from Gen 1!! While GRFs work on the 5726, and has been relatively quick in updating both the dial and the case in their v2. There's really no excuse other than milking money.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I think what annoys me the most about 3kf is that it took them a full on year to do what, engrave the dial ish (didn't get the engraving color right). But they didn't fix the first links, which were huge problems adressed right from Gen 1!! While GRFs work on the 5726, and has been relatively quick in updating both the dial and the case in their v2. There's really no excuse other than milking money.

I agree that they should've fixed the end link, engravings could've been better (doesn't make a difference for me personally). But one credit you have to give them. Which is fixing the crown error. It will push PPF to fix that, which they haven't done for years.

Reactions: gilrob and BIONONE

Duyhoang

1/6/17
I want to ask, can the strap of the PPF be substituted for a 3K watch?

Duyhoang

1/6/17
I want to ask, can the strap of PPF be installed for 3K watches?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I agree that they should've fixed the end link, engravings could've been better (doesn't make a difference for me personally). But one credit you have to give them. Which is fixing the crown error. It will push PPF to fix that, which they haven't done for years.

They fixed the crown but they messed up the crown guard.
The \_/ cut on the crown guard the _ part is way too low touching the bezel there is like a step between the \ / and the _ from both sides.

c47560637adbb493b42153e73733b68f.png

ae6b8ac3a88e287c8b0c498b5c489a35.png

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
They fixed the crown but they messed up the crown guard.
The \_/ cut on the crown guard the _ part is way too low touching the bezel there is like a step between the \ / and the _ from both sides.

True. Though it remains to be clarified if this is at all visible when in hand or it only can be seen with a loupe (and on zoomed-in pictures). Personally i think it's will be too small to be noticeable in hand.