• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

40 Years..Where did they go?

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Unfortunately I know that feeling all too well :ZoSo:.
sad-021.gif

I hope things get better for you in the very near future my friend.
happy-096.gif
+1 We're all pullin' for ya Zo! :thumbsup:

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
tumblr_lpw2stMPdv1qmle2jo1_500.jpg

On this day 14th August 2000

ON THIS DAY… I APPEARED ON JAY LENO WITH THE BLACK CROWES

We performed Wanton song on Jay Leno’s show. This was the second part of the ‘Together Onstage’ tour, however, it was made clear to me on the show of the 12th at Albuquerque that a back injury I had sustained on the first part of the tour was just not going to fade away and unfortunately I was not going to be able to continue the tour. I’d never had to pull out of a tour before and cancelling dates is not in my DNA! It was a tough decision for all those concerned; The Crowes, The Cult and the members of the crew, but there really was no other option. After the show Jay Leno gave me a baseball cap!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzjt-lEZ8uY&feature=player_embedded"]Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes Wanton Song - YouTube[/ame]

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
Welcome back BB!!!
respect-051.gif

Hope you and yours had a wonderful and relaxing holiday.
Smiley-Hammock1.gif

Sorry SF, I missed this. We had a great time my friend and I'm NOT glad to be back.

+1 We're all pullin' for ya Zo! :thumbsup:

Absolutely.........so sorry to hear of your woes Zo. I promise I'll do my best to keep on top of things until you are good and ready to return. All the very best and good wishes are sent your way my friend. Good luck buddy.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
15th August 1969

I PLAYED THE HEMISFAIR ARENA, SAN ANTONIO WITH LED ZEPPELIN

This day celebrates the first day at Woodstock. There has been lots of speculation as to why Zeppelin did not play this iconic festival. Although we were aware of the event being put together, we were already contracted to a series of dates. In fact, today in 1969, we played in San Antonio, Texas – making music, making love to their women and drinking their tequila!

tumblr_lpzd9dOwXd1qmle2jo2_400.jpg

Also on this day in 1979, In Through The Out Door was released – the band’s last studio album.

tumblr_lpzd9dOwXd1qmle2jo3_400.jpg

tumblr_lpzd9dOwXd1qmle2jo4_1280.png

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Great post BB, it's as if Mr. Z is right here!

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
On this day… 16th August 1969

I played at Asbury Park, NJ with Led Zeppelin

tumblr_m8tsifKfMQ1qmle2jo1_500.jpg

This was the second day of Woodstock and we played Asbury Park. By that time, the city was awash with tales, stories and rumours of what was happening at the festival. 25 years later, Robert Plant and I recorded and filmed in a Welsh leafy glade ‘No Quarter’, the title track of the Unledded project.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXNfq2mq-hg&feature=player_embedded"]No Quarter Page & plant (Unledded) - YouTube[/ame]

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
17th August 1994

PAGE AND PLANT RECORD AT CORRIS SLATE QUARRY, WALES

tumblr_lq1t3iLPpX1qmle2jo2_1280.jpg

25 years after the last Sunday of Woodstock, in a doomy slate quarry in Wales, the various musical personnel of the Page and Plant outfit performed ‘Nobody’s Fault But Mine’, ‘Gallows Pole’ and ‘When The Levee Breaks’ which was quite appropriate at the time as it was pouring with rain almost throughout the shoot!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZo-OqRDWI&feature=player_embedded"]When The Levee Breaks - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - YouTube[/ame]

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
On this day… 18th August 1990

I GUESTED WITH AEROSMITH AT DONINGTON

I was asked to guest by Aerosmith on their set at Castle Donington at the Monsters Of Rock Festival. I travelled with Aerosmith in their tour bus to and from the show. All of the time on the bus was spent chatting and exchanging stories and at one point Steven played me the current Red Hot Chili Peppers album and there was much enthusiasm and discussion about music on that journey.

tumblr_lq3qtcyNip1qmle2jo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_lq3qtcyNip1qmle2jo2_400.jpg

Whenever I guested with Aerosmith we would always play ‘Train Kept A Rollin’’ because we all had history with that song. I played on ‘Walk This Way’ as well!

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
On this day… 19th August 1969

RECORDS BY FIFTH AVENUE AND NICO WERE RELEASED

Today sees two releases on Immediate Records: the first being Fifth Avenue, which I produced, with a version of the Pete Seeger / Byrds ‘The Bells of Rymney’ and my composition; ‘Just Like Any One Would Do’ and also Nico’s ‘I’m Not Sayin (the Gordon Lightfoot song, produced by Andrew Oldham).

The b-side was titled ‘The Last Mile’, produced and written by me. I routined with Nico in her muse flat that she had during her stay in London. Editorial note: he’s keeping all the details to himself!

This was before Nico was to go to New York and become part of the magical Velvet Underground.

tumblr_lq5c1sm1dK1qmle2jo3_500.jpg

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
On this day… 20th August 1999

I PLAYED THE MARQUEE CLUB WITH AEROSMITH

Following an appearance at Donington I had agreed, and was looking forward, to playing the Marquee Club with Aerosmith. This was the third location of this famous blues and rock club, now in Charing Cross Road. The previous location, having been in Wardour Street (where I played with The Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin) and the original site, being in Oxford Street (where I’d been playing in the interval band on the Thursday blues night).

tumblr_lq77xcxrgQ1qmle2jo2_1280.jpg

So actually, I got a chance to play all the Marquee locations, but the interior of the Charing Cross Road location appeared to faithfully replicate the Wardour Street site with the cigarette and beer stained carpets and people passed out on the floor!

tumblr_lq77xcxrgQ1qmle2jo5_1280.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQSbnU1fcc&feature=player_embedded"]Marquee Club - YouTube[/ame]​

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
And today is another birthday for Robert Plant, born in 1948.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Let's see if we can keep this moving forward...

On this date in 1971, Led Zeppelin played the Forum in Inglewood, CA. Rather than go into detail a direct quote has been included regarding that night's performance.

"What an incredible show! Robert's voice is simply unreal ... some of the most throat tearing and powerful singing I have ever heard and the range he displays is amazing. The band is simply out of this world, playing so tightly, and Jimmy is in riot mode, especially at the end during the encores. Dazed And Confused is one of the longest versions to date and is excellent."

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Let's see if we can keep this moving forward...

On this date in 1971, Led Zeppelin played the Forum in Inglewood, CA. Rather than go into detail a direct quote has been included regarding that night's performance.

"What an incredible show! Robert's voice is simply unreal ... some of the most throat tearing and powerful singing I have ever heard and the range he displays is amazing. The band is simply out of this world, playing so tightly, and Jimmy is in riot mode, especially at the end during the encores. Dazed And Confused is one of the longest versions to date and is excellent."

Great stuff my friend........kudos to you.
4_19_21.gif

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
21st August 1971

I PLAYED THE LOS ANGELES FORUM WITH LED ZEPPELIN

tumblr_lq93dlbnHE1qmle2jo1_1280.jpg

Led Zeppelin began their North American tour in Vancouver, Canada on 19th August and began in the US in Los Angeles at the LA Forum, this being the first of two nights. I remember a standing ovation from a good percentage of the audience after Stairway to Heaven – this was quite remarkable as we were touring this material from an album not to be released until three months later in November 1971.

tumblr_lq93dlbnHE1qmle2jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_lq93dlbnHE1qmle2jo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_lq93dlbnHE1qmle2jo4_500.jpg

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
SF, rol_man......I hope that both of you guys are keeping well. :)

I've got a few problems myself that need dealing with which restricts the time I'd like to spend here on RWI.

However, I promised my friend, Mr Z, that I would do my very best to keep this thread going. I plan to keep that promise.

I'll be here daily updating the thread but wont be here as much as I'd like .

I haven't heard anything from our mutual friend for a while and pray he's OK.

Here's to...........

tumblr_m8xboni80A1qgsgo9.jpg

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
SF, rol_man......I hope that both of you guys are keeping well. :)

I've got a few problems myself that need dealing with which restricts the time I'd like to spend here on RWI.

However, I promised my friend, Mr Z, that I would do my very best to keep this thread going. I plan to keep that promise.

I'll be here daily updating the thread but wont be here as much as I'd like .

I haven't heard anything from our mutual friend for a while and pray he's OK.

Here's to...........

tumblr_m8xboni80A1qgsgo9.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........it seems like we're all having more than a few "life issues" of late........I do hope they're not too serious my friend.
th23_29_107v1.gif

Here's to both........

bannerfans_4974070.jpg

and........

dancing__zoso_zoso1.gif

........just two of the truly upstanding members that I mentioned before.
4_19_21.gif