• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
The early caliber 324 movements are non hacking. Meaning the balance wheel of the watch is still moving as you adjust the time, meaning the train wheels and escapement are still in motion. Adjusting the time clockwise in this case as Legend mentioned earlier is the natural movement for the train wheel and causes no problem. But when you go counter clockwise. You're essentially causing the movement to jam up and stop moving in it's natural direction forcefully, (think throwing your car into reverse before you've come to a stop) giving you that jittering seconds hand. Once or twice is not going to kill your watch, but you're really putting unnecessary strain on the movement by doing so.

Oh man, i should have read this before!
I always thought its not a good idea setting time counterclockwise, but one time i did it and now my new aquanaut is broke (looks like hour hand is stuck at 11 o'clock, at least i cant set time past it).
And of course its the only movement you cant get spare parts...:picard:

But thank you, at least now i know it was my fault and i will never do this again!

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
can we see which section snapped on your stem? load a picture of the crown/stem so we can get some visual on the situation.
you may be able to fix with a stem extender. measure the thread and check if its 0.9mm (tap-9) or 1.2mm (tap-12).

ask your favourite TD first. watch2parts have patek 324 stems but you run the risk of buying a part that may not fit

Thanks I’ve literally just seen this reply. Thanks for the help

VAChina

Looking Around
8/8/21
Hi Good sir, thnks for the review: How is the movement holding up after 2 years? I would love to get one of the 3kf clones, but am hesitant because of the cloned movement! I tend to be more trusting of modified miyotas

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
This may have been posted earlier in the thread but new batch 3kf has Swiss made on the dial

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Tobel

EdenAlando

Known Member
5/5/20
Bangkok
Sawadee Krup..How do you pay for the separate 3KF rubber strap and from where ?Thanks and have a good weekend ahead.

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
so quick question.

some pages ago i summed up the parts for the best of the best aquanat. is the list still valid or did things change when 3KF updated their batch?

- 3K aquanaut with stainless steel bracelet to make sure you do not have the engravings on the lugs - i do think they fixed this issue with theier latest batch.
- ZF rubber strap or if you have the extra cash source an oem strap (code: C09, D31, C74 in 21mmx18mm)
- ZF buckle
- KMF clasp

Reactions: brooklynsog

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
so quick question.

some pages ago i summed up the parts for the best of the best aquanat. is the list still valid or did things change when 3KF updated their batch?

- 3K aquanaut with stainless steel bracelet to make sure you do not have the engravings on the lugs - i do think they fixed this issue with theier latest batch.
- ZF rubber strap or if you have the extra cash source an oem strap (code: C09, D31, C74 in 21mmx18mm)
- ZF buckle
- KMF clasp

correct that is what I have gathered too, I think the most value is to buy the 3K watch and separate ZF rubber strap and buckle to replace 3K ones.

forty

Looking Around
12/8/21
so quick question.

- ZF buckle
- KMF clasp

I think 3k fixed the gold lug engravings. Pic below is from recent 5168 qc

r2PdBgi.jpeg

Last edited:

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Has any body had stem issues in the 3kf 5167?? I have now had two with my watch smith and both of them have snapped!

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Has any body had stem issues in the 3kf 5167?? I have now had two with my watch smith and both of them have snapped!

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14

I broke 2 of them. One just yesterday while installing the legend custom DW :(

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I broke 2 of them. One just yesterday while installing the legend custom DW :(

Guys, the 3K stem is known to be fragile. One needs to handle it delicately or its a high chance of "pop goes the weasel" for this specific part.

Reactions: Allure and APpee

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Guys, Ado213 has done some investigations and he has managed to build a stronger stem that fits the 324 cal movement. This may help a lot of members with the same issue as myself with the snapped stems..

The reduced part of the rep stem is 0.38 and is also not aligned correctly so is likely the reason these stems are snapping. The modded stem he has made for me is much thicker and is working perfectly. If you need one drop him a message I'm sure he will be happy to help.

Also some of you may have noticed the manual date set does not line the DW up correctly in the dial window, but the quick set does. Does anybody know why this is the case?

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Guys, Ado213 has done some investigations and he has managed to build a stronger stem that fits the 324 cal movement. This may help a lot of members with the same issue as myself with the snapped stems..

The reduced part of the rep stem is 0.38 and is also not aligned correctly so is likely the reason these stems are snapping. The modded stem he has made for me is much thicker and is working perfectly. If you need one drop him a message I'm sure he will be happy to help.

Also some of you may have noticed the manual date set does not line the DW up correctly in the dial window, but the quick set does. Does anybody know why this is the case?