• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Is the gen dial when you compare it to the 3KF the extra premium worth ?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I prefer ZF’s case construction/dimensions, datewheel font and movement. But I prefer 3k’s dial over ZF’s dial. So I made a hybrid.

Interesting, I did not realize that the case dimensions were different. Agree on the datewheel though. Thanks

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
Interesting, I did not realize that the case dimensions were different. Agree on the datewheel though. Thanks

Yup. Earlier in the thread I posted some photos of the two cases side by side. I’m not sure if one is more correct than the other, I just prefer the look of the ZF more.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Yup. Earlier in the thread I posted some photos of the two cases side by side. I’m not sure if one is more correct than the other, I just prefer the look of the ZF more.

For 2007-2009 models the 3KF case and also the dial is correct as they had a little bit wider bezels and no "swiss made".
For modern models ZF case is correct aswell so none of them is incorrect.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
For 2007-2009 models the 3KF case and also the dial is correct as they had a little bit wider bezels and no "swiss made".
For modern models ZF case is correct aswell so none of them is incorrect.

I agree on the dial, I was one of the first to point that out. But do we have actual confirmation that PP changed the shape of the bezel for the “no Swiss” to the “Swiss made” Or are we just guessing

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
FZoEQ.jpg

Dial and hand are quite accurate compare to 2009 model. I think no need for modding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel and bosaftw

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
FZoEQ.jpg

Dial and hand are quite accurate compare to 2009 model. I think no need for modding.

Exactly my thoughts, 2009 model is what is replicated by 3KF so no modding needed.

A thing that bothers me is the metal color pinion hand hole.
On gen you clearly see second hand is white and the pinion aswell. On the 3KF rep it seems to be metal color and not painted.
Should be a super easy mod though. Just putting some white paint there in the middle or what do you think folks?

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
besides gen, is the zf rubber in black the best to get? and is ZF black rubber going to fit good for replacing the SS bracelet on the 3KF?

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
besides gen, is the zf rubber in black the best to get? and is ZF black rubber going to fit good for replacing the SS bracelet on the 3KF?

Look at the pics above to see both straps but yeah I think the ZF is better quality and most I think would agree too.

It does fit, nobigdeal confirmed that as well. I personally ordered a the ZF strap as it has that slight curve around the lugs as you can see on the gen that the 3kf strap lacks slightly

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Look at the pics above to see both straps but yeah I think the ZF is better quality and most I think would agree too.

It does fit, nobigdeal confirmed that as well. I personally ordered a the ZF strap as it has that slight curve around the lugs as you can see on the gen that the 3kf strap lacks slightly

thank you, do you know what is the price for the zf rubber band with the clasp if I requested fro a TD?
I try to find one for sale but looks like they don’t have them, though there is a lot of panerai straps.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
thank you, do you know what is the price for the zf rubber band with the clasp if I requested fro a TD?
I try to find one for sale but looks like they don’t have them, though there is a lot of panerai straps.

You’re welcome. Contact your typical TD and they should be able to source it even if it’s not listed. They are typically around $100 for the strap/clasp, give or take. I’ll send you some pictures when I get mine so you can see the differences I referenced

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany

Just ordered today 2 Aquanaut 3KF from my trusted dealer on steel bracelet and also 2 ZF rubber straps with clasp.
It was $88 per piece.

Anybody already has received his QC pictures for V1.1?
I hope the DW font isn‘t too thin on both watches I ordered.