• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

36mm Datejust 126234 GEN, VS, Clean, GM & EW Comprehensive Comparison

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Send me photos of end result! I might do clean with deep crystal and vsf smooth bezel?
HfcXBt.jpeg

Gen smooth bezel and deep xtal :)

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Smooth bezel is the best, I dont understand why they dont make more reps with them..
This is related to the market, relatively speaking, there is more demand for fluted models, especially Chinese friends prefer fluted, in addition they are not particularly concerned about the deeper details.

• Sad
Reactions: Snil

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Xing bezel identical to gen.
Note the color of the hands, I think CF applies rhodium plating, they are the same as the gen ones in white gold.
This watch configured in this way, with the addition of a gen dial becomes indistinguishable.

Reactions: flashu

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Xing bezel identical to gen.
Note the color of the hands, I think CF applies rhodium plating, they are the same as the gen ones in white gold.
This watch configured in this way, with the addition of a gen dial becomes indistinguishable.

Would you recommend the gen dial? They are pretty cheap

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
when the light is not direct the CF dial is perfect...but under the lights it has the same problem as all the colored rep dials

Reactions: flashu

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
when the light is not direct the CF dial is perfect...but under the lights it has the same problem as all the colored rep dials

above dial gen DJ 41 under the same light in the same room. The dial reps in this lighting condition are always too iridescent and give a cheap feeling

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Did you found many differences between clean and xing bezels?
CF (VSF doesn't) also has a treatment, but it seems more like what ARF did, a kind of rhodium plating. The Xing, on the other hand, is a real plating and you can see it, it shines exactly like the gen and has the same color as the gen white gold

Reactions: mhrboy and flashu