• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16 year old looking for replica

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
You were rich if you had the gaming watches! That Donkey Kong watch was the shit!! Those Calculator Casios were the biggest nerd accoutrement. Today they are for fashionistas lol

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
Now that surprises me. But they say fashion always comes back around so I'm not sure why it does.

You were rich if you had the gaming watches! That Donkey Kong watch was the shit!! Those Calculator Casios were the biggest nerd accoutrement. Today they are for fashionistas lol

I saw some kid rocking one of those today!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

CrashR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/12
Hey Jixerjr,

I'd recommend a 36mm Explorer I. Why? You got the perfect 'flying under the radar' Rolex, 36mm are not that eye-catching, no common "Sub"-design etc.
Get a black croc leather strap with Rolex buckle (~ $25 USD), a blue or gray NATO (~ $10), and a brown vintage leather strap in addition to the steel bracelet
and you have a different watch for every occasion. (That's what I did with mine)

Don't forget to add a little wear to the case so it is credible that you can afford this watch, and no one will doubt that it is gen.

:thumbsup:

Btw, buy a nice rep Rolex box and take the warranty card with you, in case someone still doesn't believe it's gen ;D

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
Just buy whatever you want and like thee style of mate.

AP ROO Rose Gold!!

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Does it matter what the others think about your watch? I think no. So wear whatever you like, any watch you like. Even a rose gold watch with a bunch of diamonds on it.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
BTW Most of my friends are rep friendly, so maybe yours too...

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I don't believe in age when it comes to watches. I'm 17 and I have a Rolex 16610, a Day Date 2 rep that's worth 60k as a gen, a Omega Planet Ocean, and a Pam Artkos, in addition to a gen Tag Aquaracer. I have never been questioned about the authenticity of any of my watches and I go to public school in NJ, near NYC.

Just pick a watch that you like. On the off chance that someone notices and knows the price of the watch, just be confident and know your shit about the gen watch, and they will believe you.

With watches, most of the time, the more expensive gens are the least known. Almost no one has commented on my DD2, while I've gotten plenty of comments on my 16610 and my Planet Ocean.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I don't believe in age when it comes to watches. I'm 17 and I have a Rolex 16610, a Day Date 2 rep that's worth 60k as a gen, a Omega Planet Ocean, and a Pam Artkos, in addition to a gen Tag Aquaracer. I have never been questioned about the authenticity of any of my watches and I go to public school in NJ, near NYC.

Just pick a watch that you like. On the off chance that someone notices and knows the price of the watch, just be confident and know your shit about the gen watch, and they will believe you.

With watches, most of the time, the more expensive gens are the least known. Almost no one has commented on my DD2, while I've gotten plenty of comments on my 16610 and my Planet Ocean.

Don't tell anyone that you don't trust that it is a rep. I've told my two closest friends, and that's it.

edit: Oops double post, can a mod please delete one?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

I agree with wearing what you like but if I was 16 i wouldn't even bother trying to convince someone its gen.....its ignorant to assume that everyone you meet is watch illiterate. I think you should only try to pass a rep as a gen if you can conceivably afford the gen equivalent.

Best policy is to buy what you like but if someone asks whether it's gen you can say "I hope so...it was a present"

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I agree with wearing what you like but if I was 16 i wouldn't even bother trying to convince someone its gen.....its ignorant to assume that everyone you meet is watch illiterate. I think you should only try to pass a rep as a gen if you can conceivably afford the gen equivalent.

Best policy is to buy what you like but if someone asks whether it's gen you can say "I hope so...it was a present"

99% of people in my school don't know shit about watches. If people do know something about watches, most don't know enough on how to tell apart a good rep and a gen.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
99% of people in my school don't know shit about watches. If people do know something about watches, most don't know enough on how to tell apart a good rep and a gen.

99% of people in your school may not know shit but I can tell you now that a large number of people who see you wearing your 60k Rollie out and about will be thinking 'what a dick!' No offence intended mate but that's how it is.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
99% of people in your school may not know shit but I can tell you now that a large number of people who see you wearing your 60k Rollie out and about will be thinking 'what a dick!' No offence intended mate but that's how it is.

I have no doubt that some people who think I'm wearing a gen 60k Rollie will think I'm a dick. I just don't care, maybe that's my personality, but that's the best solution in my eyes.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I have no doubt that some people who think I'm wearing a gen 60k Rollie will think I'm a dick. I just don't care, maybe that's my personality, but that's the best solution in my eyes.

Agreed. Like I said, where what you like bro.

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13

^ this. +1 99% of my friends didn't know about automatic, like at all... Us, we are special, we can tell a real from a fake by the crown on the face, the average joe can't tell the differences we can see, most of them just don't care (in my case) they just say "it's a nice watch" and it is - which is why I don't buy gens ;)

But yeah, most of the people won't care about watches so it's all good, just try to avoid bigger brands like Rolex unless you got a good story (if you want to pull it off as gen...)

Good luck with your choice :) Always welcome in the CB if you got questions/ want to get an opinion :)

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
I'm 19 and only close friends of mine know I wear reps. Other people think I'm just dead rich !
Just wear what you like, as long as it's not really dangerous for you, for instance rocking a RG Patek in the subway might not be the best idea... But that's true at any age !

I solved the problem and bought myself a scooter.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Imagine a guy with a 60k Rolex working as a Pizza guy and rocking on scooter. Everything screams it's gen!!

khador

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/09
Really glad the OP went with a Seiko, brilliant choice for a 16 year old. I still love to wear mine even though I have a bunch of other options.

Looks sweet on a Marine Master style strap from wjean28 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-origin...5322008?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item485649cb18

IMG_20140430_132652935.jpg