• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16 year old looking for replica

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
"Think I found my new watch" - that would be great. Check out NATO´s from Paul Hewitt on Amazon:)

Tank007E09_3214_Nightflash1024_zps596c52c7.jpg

Ordered a black NATO with the Seiko 007:) thanks everyone for the tips

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
I for one am glad teens these days in Aus are appreciating watches more, considering that many people here well into their 20s consider a luxury watch an Emporio Armani or a Michael Kors

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
When i was 16 years old i was happy with my casio.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Hahaha Ahhh love it.

good choice on the seiko, it's a true classic and a must have for any seiko enthusiast. Enjoy it, post pics when it arrives as well.

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
Hahaha Ahhh love it.

good choice on the seiko, it's a true classic and a must have for any seiko enthusiast. Enjoy it, post pics when it arrives as well.

Will do :) glad you enjoy my sense of humour

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Good choice, young padwan. :yoda:
It is indeed good to see that our teen generation are appreciating a fine watch, gives me hope.

I'll tell you what I sell a lot of to young lads (12-16 or so) that surprises me and that's pocket watches. I can't keep a stock of cheap quartz pocket watches, primary school boys keep buying me out.

McDuck

Horology Curious
23/1/14
17 Year old here. I would say the Seiko is an excellent choice (I've got one myself) and you will enjoy it. If you want reps, make sure you go for things that aren't too popular to the common public, for example an AP. I'm planning to buy the v6 Diver to my collection soon and even though it's an expensive watch I know I can pull it off because no one at my private school has any idea about watches besides the fashion brands and Rolex. So whatever you decide, they are all great options. Good luck!

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Good choice, young padwan. :yoda:
It is indeed good to see that our teen generation are appreciating a fine watch, gives me hope.

I'll tell you what I sell a lot of to young lads (12-16 or so) that surprises me and that's pocket watches. I can't keep a stock of cheap quartz pocket watches, primary school boys keep buying me out.

Now that surprises me. But they say fashion always comes back around so I'm not sure why it does.

watchismo

31/7/13
I have some Seiko's I've had for 20-30 years that I still wear. When I was 13 I had a brand new Heuer 1000 Professional Dive watch. after 5 years it was tattered, but worked for another 5 years. had it in the drawer for another 20 years and just sold it on ebay not working. have a gen Rolex dj and Sub I got in the 80's that I have worn daily for half my life (hunting, fishing, diving, motorcycle trips, camping, etc.) serious abuse on the Sub and it is still perfect. serviced them about every 5-6 years, polished, a few bezels and crystals replaced...currently both look brand new. best investments ever. I now wear them mostly for work and the Seiko's Citizen's etc for activities. I enjoy reps for the hunt, hobby, and value. wear them mostly at work and going out to look good :)

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
When I was in high high school, I think I was the only one with a mechanical watch and only cause my father gave it to me, deep down I still wanted one of those kick ass calculator watches. Now I've meet a 16 year old, he had a damn gen Patek Moonphase and a Datograph

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I would recommend a 42mm PO. Most people from meter or two won't know if it's Omega or Orient/Seiko.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
BTW I'm your age and I was wondering if Western Union will accept payment by a boy ;)

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
I actually have one of these:

a168wg9a_gold

This has got more compliments than any of the reps... But I was in a hipster school so what do I know.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Ordered a black NATO with the Seiko 007:) thanks everyone for the tips

That's a great choice and don't forget to post a few pics when you get it...Welcome to the forum too.

Now if you'll excuse me, my horse awaits. :lol:

afdaddy

Renowned Member
13/12/13
Yeah, I'd agree, pretty much anything screams out fake at that age. Plus I think you need to be prepared to get 1-2 duds to really enjoy this hobby, and I'm not guessing you have the bankroll for that.

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
its amazing to see what kinda watches youngins are into these days

when i was 14-15 i had these 2 watches..more of the nerd type

this
Nelsonic-DonkeyKong.jpg

and this
CA53W-1BLK-CASIO-1600.JPG