• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16 year old looking for replica

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
I am looking for a top notch replica but i`m not sure what to pick.....

I don`t want to go the rolex route because that just screams out "fake!" being on a 16 year olds wrist.

Any watch suggestions?

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I'd be worried this might turn into "16 year old looking to get mugged for a replica"!

Go for something either low profile (Rolex explorer 1) or unknown to most people (AP Diver) and that way you can enjoy it, no one will call it fake and you shouldn't get stabbed for it, unless your local junkie has good taste in watches!

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
I'd be worried this might turn into "16 year old looking to get mugged for a replica"!

Go for something either low profile (Rolex explorer 1) or unknown to most people (AP Diver) and that way you can enjoy it, no one will call it fake and you shouldn't get stabbed for it, unless your local junkie has good taste in watches!

Thanks for the tip!
I was either going to go for that or a Hublot but it seems hublot is now a common and recognizable brand.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
hmm ... 16 years old ... i defintely think girls are far better than fake watches .. lol

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
16 and a sense of humor. Haha ;-)

But come on guys, you can never be to young to have a interest in watches.
Just wear it wisely Jixerjr.

btw, I'd go for a Welder. Doesn't scream out fake. Even if you're 16. No offense bud.

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
16 and a sense of humor. Haha ;-)

But come on guys, you can never be to young to have a interest in watches.
Just wear it wisely Jixerjr.

btw, I'd go for a Welder. Doesn't scream out fake. Even if you're 16. No offense bud.

Thanks for actually taking me seriously :)

Will take your advice.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
mate ... take a chill pill ... it meant to be a joke .. and of course woman cost money ...

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Hey champ, welcome :) I see your from aussie? I'm in melbourne.

Good first watch for you in my opinion is going to be a nice understated watch that can take a bit of a beating.. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume your budget is somewhere in the $100-$300 range?

with that in mind there are plenty if nice 21j options (a certain type of movement) on offer.

Best thing to do is pick a style you like and work from there. Have you measured the circumference of your wrist? This will also help us help you..

Some watches that come to mind are the AP diver, a 42mm Planet ocean, rolex explorer 1, iwc MKVII or xvi..

but but after all that my advice to you is not to buy a rep. I think at your age bud your better off with a really nice seiko 5 maybe a 'baby monster' (these are sweet I have one), or a regular monster. Maybe even a second hand steinhart or squale.

all up to you bud send me a message if you need a hand.

jordan

kire612002

Known Member
30/1/14
I would suggest a secondhand classic 16610 sub from m2m sales.
A reliable all weather companion which at the end can be presented as a family heritage.

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
Hey champ, welcome :) I see your from aussie? I'm in melbourne.

Good first watch for you in my opinion is going to be a nice understated watch that can take a bit of a beating.. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume your budget is somewhere in the $100-$300 range?

with that in mind there are plenty if nice 21j options (a certain type of movement) on offer.

Best thing to do is pick a style you like and work from there. Have you measured the circumference of your wrist? This will also help us help you..

Some watches that come to mind are the AP diver, a 42mm Planet ocean, rolex explorer 1, iwc MKVII or xvi..

but but after all that my advice to you is not to buy a rep. I think at your age bud your better off with a really nice seiko 5 maybe a 'baby monster' (these are sweet I have one), or a regular monster. Maybe even a second hand steinhart or squale.

all up to you bud send me a message if you need a hand.

jordan

Thanks for the tip!

I currently have a seiko "baby monster" that I have had for 3 years. Just wana change it up a bit

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Rolex, that's an old fart's watch. At 16 I'd be wearing a kick ass watch like a Pam 243 or 332, AP ROO Rubberclad or Diver, maybe a Breitling, IWC chrono pilot.

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
Vintage anything- 'my dad gave it to me'

Take an explorer 1 36mm. They are awesome. Bracelet or NATO, whatever.

youre gonna tend to big fancy showy watches, but nothing impresses a high school girl more than you taking off your watch casually, and them noticing your rolex. Don't go directly for the AP, unless you can actually pull it off.

Patek nautilus, Daytona 6263, tag carerra, omega speedmaster, 36mm datejust on a NATO, omega sea master, pam 44mm luminor.

just some suggestions :)

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
omega speedmaster moonwatch.
An affordable watch in its gen form if you work 2-3 months.