• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v4

reptime101

15/9/18
Should I get this or the 9.5 diver? I prefer this replica but ive been hearing a lot of shit about the v4 and the last thing i want to do is get called out in public haha. Which v4 color is the safest? Should I just get the 9.5 with the JF metal bracelet?

Raeucci

Horology Curious
26/11/18
Should I get this or the 9.5 diver? I prefer this replica but ive been hearing a lot of shit about the v4 and the last thing i want to do is get called out in public haha. Which v4 color is the safest? Should I just get the 9.5 with the JF metal bracelet?

Get what you like, at the end of the day no replica is perfect. Though I heard black is the safest, to answer your question.
I went with blue since it’s my personal preference. Unless all your friends are watch enthusiasts or AP owners, no one can really tell. Remember, at the end of the day it’s still a replica.

Sent from the RWI App

N0tail_

1/6/17

If your biggest concern is getting called out in public then I'm afraid reps aren't for you.

On a lighter note, most people won't know what an AP is. The ones that do know won't really be able to tell that it's fake given the JF V4 is quite gen-like at a quick glance. I'd be more worried about pulling off a $20k watch on your wrist.

lilmoogz

Known Member
15/11/18
If your biggest concern is getting called out in public then I'm afraid reps aren't for you.

On a lighter note, most people won't know what an AP is. The ones that do know won't really be able to tell that it's fake given the JF V4 is quite gen-like at a quick glance. I'd be more worried about pulling off a $20k watch on your wrist.

This.

This is one of the reasons I won’t buy reps that I know I can’t afford in gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
buy what you like nobody cares about anyway. In the past 10 years two times someone ask me about my watch lol

Reactions: csthe

reptime101

15/9/18

I work at a bulge bracket investment bank where fellow traders can easily afford a luxury time piece and the last thing I want is a colleague calling me out for a fake watch. Your half-witted remark was uncalled for... an educated opinion would have been much appreciated.

Additionally, sorry but you obviously do give a shit - especially since you're extremely nit-picky about replica watches. But aren't we all? There is a reason the super-rep list gets a lot of attention around here. If you truly had the attitude you purvey then you'd be saving your money on DH Gate. Personally I like getting the best version of a replica, kind of like a trial -- if i end up liking it then i pull the trigger on the gen.

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
If you work in an investment bank then buy a gen, the whole "super-rep list" is a joke you can spot any rep maybe not if its a franken but normal reps? 100 % On an V4 the dial is the easiest way to spot the fake.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

MrOptional

8/10/18
Raeucci
Great watch, congrats! Markers are misaligned in a lot of those AP 15400. But yours is a good version. I went thru 3 quality control pictures until I settled on one. My first one was completely missing 3 o'clock marker, second one had brush strokes going sideways, 3rd one they sent me the first one with fixed 3 o'clock marker and I accepted it - apparently they just glued it in place LOL. So on your watch the only thing that I really noticed is the 9 o'clock marker. BUT keep this in mind, you are looking at a picture in excellent quality, computer lighting, zoomed in, etc. In real life you probably won't even notice, let alone on the moving wrist, or not under lighting, etc. You might not even need anyone to mod this for you. Since you accepted the watch, just see how it arrives, you might be surprised that in real life, under regular lighting, without 40x zoom, the watch will look great.

legend
The pics that you attached are absolutely stunning. At first I didn't see that the post was made by you, I thought it was posted by Raeucci and I was looking at your "v4" looking for faults LOL. Needless to say I didn't find any:)

reptime101
I think 15400 is a great rep. you are risking being called out with either 9.5 diver or this one. Probably less chances being called with this one to be honest. 9.5 is good, finally fixed these stupid green hands, but there are still a lot of details missing from the Gen I feel like. They are all ever so small, so unless put side by side I feel like 99% of people can't call you out. Same goes for 15400. I think it depends on what you need the watch for and what other watches you have. For example, if you have another sporty watch, then get this 15400. If you have another formal watch then get 15703. If you need this watch for work and you wear shirts, might go with 15400. If you wear Jeans maybe ROO will work better. I think you can't go with either one you like in terms of 15400 or 15710/15703. In terms of dial I learned that safest is black, others are good too. Another one to look at is 15706 XF v2. I feel like that one you can't really be called out because no one really seen that watch. It's limited edition that is no longer made, chances of you running into someone who knows the watch are slim. the only thing is that 15706 forged carbon is less flashy, so most people might not know its an AP. And that's fine with me personally. My personal decision for my first rep was 15706 and 15400 black dial.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Sorry to say that but if somebody knew the 15400 then they will call you out in seconds because in the sun and in different angels you see that the tapseries are not flat like gen. It's an instant tell also the screws are an tell.

The 15400 is far from perfect.

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Oh so that’s how it works. They change the whole watch not the issue. Alright, the more I know! Just e-mailed them and Approved. Appreciate the info. About the bracelet size, any local watch person/watchsmith can adjust it, doesn’t need nothing special, right? Also my wrists are around 6.5 inches if I’m not mistaken, what about yours? Cause the 41 seems to fit you good.

Sent from the RWI App

My wrist is about 17.5cm or 6.9". You can adjust the bracelet size yourself, all you need is a 1.2-1.25mm screwdriver and basic skills with using it. ;)

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sorry to say that but if somebody knew the 15400 then they will call you out in seconds because in the sun and in different angels you see that the tapseries are not flat like gen. It's an instant tell also the screws are an tell.

The 15400 is far from perfect.

bro you are becoming a harsh (but true) critic of the 15400 lol.

Reactions: Allure

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
legend

Don't get me wrong I love the 15400 but it's just still a rep ofcourse a good looking one but the dial is just to good I don't think they will ever replicate it 1:1 atleast not on a 400 usd watch.

Reactions: vcappp and legend