• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v4

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I really don't care about the movements was never a fan of it i just like the designs of the watches i don't care if its quartz or automatic it should tell me the time and should not be like lose or gain 20 minutes a day. I would not consider me as "rich" but i could buy a 15202 for 28k and i would not care much BUT thats the point i don't throw money around like an idiot thats why a lot of rich people get poor. I had a poor background as a kid thats why i love my earned money and not throwing it out of the window like rich people do and i have just "simple" hobbys which don't costs me a lot of money thats why i saved a lot.

Thats why i bring the submariner example, i love the submariners and was like "Man the replicas have always flaws i go gen" then i was in the rolex store and saw so many flaws on high priced models that i was like "wtf should i pay premium when sometimes they even have more flaws then the replica ones" i don't see the point its the same with modding, i understand that people like that stuff to put gen parts in it etc but for me its just not a thing. I wear my watches for me and not for other people i have 150 € watches here which i love and 500 € watches here wich i also love i even spend 550 € on a Balticus watch with a shitty miyota movement but you know what? They guy is an independent watchmaker who loves to make new designs etc so i gladly payed that money because i know it was it good hands. Rolex and other big companys are just putting the prices up to pay there "Ambassadors" i don't see any point in that, all this "ohhhh we are so luxury and so better than everyone else" is just pure garbage. Its the same with clothing, i bought a lot of high fasion clothing when i was younger (i'am now 27) because i thought "you need that because of high quality" and let me tell you something its all bullshit. Ofcourse some brands have higher quality but nothing what justify the price tag. I had 500 € gucci shoes as an example, wonderful shoes with good quality, then i had 1000 € LV shoes which were the biggest shit ive ever had. Then a friend of mine his father is a shoe maker made me some shoes for 150 € and you know what? They were the same quality as a gucci ones just no big name on it.

Same with t shirts and normal shirts and jeans all the media marketing bullshit is just to divide people, i know people from all kinds of familys (poor, rich, immigrants non immigrants) and trust me the poor one are the luckiest ones even with less money. Don't get me wrong ofcourse i have some fancy belts etc too but i don't buy it that often anymore like a few years back. Its actually the same situation with stock shares a friend of mine gave me a good tip and i was sceptical the whole time and what happened? The shitty stock share crashed and i lost 450 € ofcourse 450 € is nothing for me BUT it make me angry because i didn't heard of myself... So thats why i now have my leason learned and only do my thing.

Same with Smartphones i did spend a shit lot of money on smartphones (buy a new one every 6 month and bullshit like that) and after a few years now i bought a 200 € Xiaomi phone and it do exactly that what it should do (communication because i dont play any games) only the camera is not over the top good like other smartphones but i only paid 200 € so its ok. Would i pay 1400 dollar and more on an new iPhone? Hell no.

At the end lets tell you something my parents have both health issues (strong ones) and its not important how much money do you have, it can not save them (atleast here at Germany it makes no difference in medication). I'am just not the typ of person who throws money around maybe it is because like i sad i had a not so good childhood i don't know and the end it completly irrelevant how much money do you have (atleast when you talk to me). I try to help everyone here and i don't care if they are rich or poor, i saw people here with 150k gens and i was like "Wow thats a nice watch" would i spend that kind of money for a watch? Hell no even i had millions on the bankaccount i would not do that. Same with the 15400 or 15202 i like the dials and thickness but hell i would never buy 20 or 28k for them.

And i know "Your are only live once" and stuff BUT you can have a happy life without buying overpriced luxury watches. If a independent watchmaker would bring me the same quality/design as the replica ones i would pay up to 1000 € for it (dont care if its quartz ore automatic) but they cant did you see the Davosa watches? They cost 800 € and the quality looks worse than my 150 € regmariner (yeah the automatic movement is better but the rest is shit).

Sorry for the long text.

Edit: Same with the new 15202 it costs 478 dollars and i could pay it but did you see the quality/printing? Worst shit ever and i should pay 478 usd and more for it? Not in my world.
what he means is not about the money. It is about the value and quality. Just like myself, i am same think as him. Be honestly, i have never own the rep 15400. Because there are nothing caughting my eye yet. But i got mine the Diver 15703 v7 and XF FC v2 15703, and i feel the have better build and value than the 15400.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

farcast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Hi guys. What color of the v4 is closest to the gen? I'm planning to get either a blue or black from a TD. Also, is the Miyota rotor really loud in person or is it hardly noticeable? The things I read about the noise is what seems to bother the most. Thanks in advance!

N0tail_

1/6/17
Hi guys. What color of the v4 is closest to the gen? I'm planning to get either a blue or black from a TD. Also, is the Miyota rotor really loud in person or is it hardly noticeable? The things I read about the noise is what seems to bother the most. Thanks in advance!

Black is definitely better than blue, the latter looks very dull and washed out compared to the current gen version.

Reactions: farcast and legend

farcast

14/12/18
Black is definitely better than blue, the latter looks very dull and washed out compared to the current gen version.

Thanks for the response. Currently leaning towards the black dial.

How about the white ones? I heard they look great when sunburst. Thoughts?

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18

The rotor noise are only noticeable at quiet place. E.g inside a car with the radio turned off, and you move your wrist. You will be able to hear the rotor

Raeucci

Horology Curious
26/11/18
Hello everyone. So, speaking about the V4 JF Blue Dial. I bought mine from InTime yesterday, and today I received the QC photos.
https://imgur.com/a/vKFb1CG
Here’s a link as I don’t know why it wouldn’t let me attach a link through safari the other way. (If this isn’t allowed then apologies and take my post down) I had some questions that I think might be flaws with my watch. Now:
1) As if the 4 hour marker is slightly slanted to the right?
2) As if the blue color is a tad bit off? I might be wrong and it might be because of lighting but some assuring would be great on this one too.
3) I feel like the 9 hour marker is also slightly slanted upwards.
Now this might sound stupid but take it easy, the AP wheel on the right, it can turn to be placed perfectly right? Or are QC photos of the wheel fully turned to the sides and can’t move more? (Much appreciated if answered cause it’s a slight concern of mine)
4) There seems to be a white line between the “A and P” logo?
Now last but not least, if you guys look inside the box, the printing looks very Faded, or is that due to lighting as well?
Also if you guys notice anything I missed or didn’t see which they can fix, please point it out. Otherwise, don’t crush my view of this beautiful watch, hahaha. All jokes aside, replicas are never perfect and you should rock it like a replica! But it’s never wrong to try to get the best of it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Seriously.

Thanks.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello everyone. So, speaking about the V4 JF Blue Dial. I bought mine from InTime yesterday, and today I received the QC photos.
Here’s a link as I don’t know why it wouldn’t let me attach a link through safari the other way. (If this isn’t allowed then apologies and take my post down) I had some questions that I think might be flaws with my watch. Now:
2) As if the blue color is a tad bit off? I might be wrong and it might be because of lighting but some assuring would be great on this one too.
Now this might sound stupid but take it easy, the AP wheel on the right, it can turn to be placed perfectly right? Or are QC photos of the wheel fully turned to the sides and can’t move more? (Much appreciated if answered cause it’s a slight concern of mine)
Now last but not least, if you guys look inside the box, the printing looks very Faded, or is that due to lighting as well?
Also if you guys notice anything I missed or didn’t see which they can fix, please point it out. Otherwise, don’t crush my view of this beautiful watch, hahaha. All jokes aside, replicas are never perfect and you should rock it like a replica! But it’s never wrong to try to get the best of it.

Thanks.

Your watch looks fine but some hour markers are not aligned perfectly. Easy fix. 90% of the rep 15400 comes with misaligned markers and/or logo.

One note about the “AP” orientation on the crown. It faces a different direction for each watch and not aligned in a specific direction.

The blue color is close enough. I own the gen blue 15400 and also a gen black, and the color of the blue changes like a chameleon. Attached a few pics for you to show you what I mean:
0e0c73c40283ec4802d443aa1c549d6f.jpg

1a229669d514859e2dc608744eece8ff.jpg

7ab9aa76f1ffc531f19395641dfc1858.jpg

You said it best when you said that it’s a rep and you should enjoy it like one. It is a lovely watch you’ve chosen, wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Allure and vcappp

Raeucci

Horology Curious
26/11/18
Your watch looks fine but some hour markers are not aligned perfectly. Easy fix. 90% of the rep 15400 comes with misaligned markers and/or logo.

One note about the “AP” orientation on the crown. It faces a different direction for each watch and not aligned in a specific direction.

The blue color is close enough. I own the gen blue 15400 and also a gen black, and the color of the blue changes like a chameleon. Attached a few pics for you to show you what I mean:
0e0c73c40283ec4802d443aa1c549d6f.jpg

1a229669d514859e2dc608744eece8ff.jpg

7ab9aa76f1ffc531f19395641dfc1858.jpg

You said it best when you said that it’s a rep and you should enjoy it like one. It is a lovely watch you’ve chosen, wear it in good health!

Thank you for your help, your watch looks fantastic, enjoy it!
Also, about the misaligned markers, do I just e-mail QC back and tell them to fix it or contact who exactly? I bought it from InTime. Also I was saying the AP logo looks like it has a white line in between, or is that just reflection?

Also thank you, I appreciate that! Always been a huge lover of AP. It’s just something about their design that fascinates me.

Sent from the RWI App

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I would accept it and would ask a modder to fix it because you have one of the better models (it get worse trust me :D ).

Reactions: legend

Raeucci

Horology Curious
26/11/18
I would accept it and would ask a modder to fix it because you have one of the better models (it get worse trust me :D ).

Oh, so they can’t fix that if I e-mail them back you mean? Cause I can’t easily send things in then out much lol, it’s a long process for me.
Also hahaha yeah I’ve seen worse, so I indeed am glad I have a nice one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

@raeucci

Take this advice. A lot of the markers are misaligned and exchanging one for another will likely present a different issue. Get a modder to fix the markers for you. It’s not difficult and I’ve done several of these.

Reactions: Allure

Raeucci

Horology Curious
26/11/18
@raeucci

Take this advice. A lot of the markers are misaligned and exchanging one for another will likely present a different issue. Get a modder to fix the markers for you. It’s not difficult and I’ve done several of these.

Oh so that’s how it works. They change the whole watch not the issue. Alright, the more I know! Just e-mailed them and Approved. Appreciate the info. About the bracelet size, any local watch person/watchsmith can adjust it, doesn’t need nothing special, right? Also my wrists are around 6.5 inches if I’m not mistaken, what about yours? Cause the 41 seems to fit you good.

Sent from the RWI App

farcast

14/12/18

Thanks.

Didn't know that these reps come with the box and manual :O can't wait to get one.