• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Patience: maybe the best friend for this hobby
Laziness: maybe the worst enemy

ALE

Donjuan18

Getting To Know The Place
19/12/12
I know I know... I pulled the wrong trigger on v7 as below:

View attachment 26409

The movement:

View attachment 26410

Closer look and extremely sorry for my bad photo uploads:

View attachment 26414

The biggest problem... All the numbers seems to be not synced together... Especially 1 at 11 and 12, and 2 at 12 and 2. Or is it me??

Okie I know, I pulled the wrong trigger.

Screw me hundred time... And please help me after that. What can I do to correct this now??

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Donjuan... Donjuan
You have pulled the trigger wrongly by yourself, because you have get advices from this forum many times, I even think you have sent me some PMs about this matter.

I assume you are talking about the misalignments in below pic

HBBDONJUANALINEACION_zps93c5b5bf.jpg

This is not a problem of versions V6 or V7. This is a problem of this concrete wacth

- Have you seen QC pics before shipment?
- Have you accepted them?
- Have you tell dealer this issue?
- Which was its answer?

Send above pic to dealer and try to get a solution

Next time bear in mind forum and member advices. We are here to help you (before)

BTW: What model is this HBB. Because there is no GEN black ceramic finish matt with numerals.

Really sorry
ALE

Donjuan18

19/12/12
Its is called big bang 44mm full ceramic black magic as mentioned in PT site. Okie I am screwed again....

Yes, i was attracted by the price, trying to get the hublot feel... Okie, i admit, bad idea! especially on the misalignment of numbers is so obvious...

Yes, I accepted the QC, didn't know that it was so obvious then. And yes, I written to the PT, waiting for their feedback now.

Ohhhh I am so ****** now. Haha

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
OK. Please stop complaints
Start to find a solution to your mistakes
You had accepted your QC pics, that complicates the solution without costs.

ALE

xxl17

3/8/13
First, as a new member I am blown away by this post. Just read (or at least skimmed) all 76 pages. The question I have was mentioned a bunch but I am asking again more to try and calm my nerves than anything else. I am waiting for my V6 to arrive as well as a Chuker style strap for it from Hamilton Leather. I read on this post about applying the loctite 222 to the bezel screws. My question is: IS THIS EASY TO DO WITHOUT F$&@?!$ IT UP? And how necessary is it?

I have never attempted any mods or repairs on my own and don't want to screw up my brand new watch.

Also, if anyone knows, is there a place I can get the hublot screwdriver in NYC without having to wait for it to be shipped from china? Or maybe another member in NYC who would be willing to help me out with changing a strap and glueing the screws?

Thanks
Adam

Donjuan18

19/12/12
Adam, I believe you only need to apply Loctite when the screws are loose...

What you can do is to ask the dealer to tighten the screws first, before shipping it out. That is what I did.

Furthermore, you might not need the H screw to change the strap...

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
First, as a new member I am blown away by this post. Just read (or at least skimmed) all 76 pages. The question I have was mentioned a bunch but I am asking again more to try and calm my nerves than anything else. I am waiting for my V6 to arrive as well as a Chuker style strap for it from Hamilton Leather. I read on this post about applying the loctite 222 to the bezel screws. My question is: IS THIS EASY TO DO WITHOUT F$&@?!$ IT UP? And how necessary is it?

I have never attempted any mods or repairs on my own and don't want to screw up my brand new watch.

Also, if anyone knows, is there a place I can get the hublot screwdriver in NYC without having to wait for it to be shipped from china? Or maybe another member in NYC who would be willing to help me out with changing a strap and glueing the screws?

Thanks
Adam

Adam, I believe you only need to apply Loctite when the screws are loose...

What you can do is to ask the dealer to tighten the screws first, before shipping it out. That is what I did.

Furthermore, you might not need the H screw to change the strap...

I think there is a little of confusion here.

1- All HBB from V1 to V7 have usually all the screws loosen.
2- You cannot trust the dealer tighten them for you. They have no time or appropriate screwdriver to do it.
3- This is a job to be done by the owner or a friend.
4- You will need a specific H screwdriver not a V screwdriver adapted to this job. Believe me you will mark your beautiful H screws.
Read about that:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1008661&postcount=1012
Dear friends
In order to clarify definitively the "H" Screwdriver discussion, I have made some draws showing the differences of fitting between screw-screwdriver for a correct specialized H screwdriver and a cheap V screwdriver.

Firstly the pic of the correct H screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERPURETIME.jpg

Below the pics of:
-LEFT: The H screw and the bezel
-CENTER: The fitting of the correct "H" screwdriver
-RIGHT: The fitting of an adapted "V" screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERCOMPARISONS-final.jpg

It is no necessary to explain why the V screwdriver can scratch and mark the H screw. Isn't it??

I hope all is clear now

ALE

5-You should tighten all HBB screws (not only H ones) from the beginning, caseback included. Please read how many post there are talking about lost HBB screws. H screws on bezel should have Loctite to assure tightening.

6- Of course you need a H screwdriver to change the strap

Concerning to get a friend in NY try to contact Mike8, he is from NY.

ALE

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Speaking of screwdriver, do you think I can accept this one:

IMG_1966_zps9df92935.jpg

As a"H" one ?

Envoyé depuis mon Mlais MX86 avec Tapatalk

xxl17

3/8/13
Ale in terms of technique, how do you suggest doing it. Take out screws, use a tweezers and dip the screw in a dot of glue, or use a toothpick and put a tiny bit in the hole? If I get excess on the bezel is it easy to wipe away?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Speaking of screwdriver, do you think I can accept this one:

As a"H" one ?

Envoyé depuis mon Mlais MX86 avec Tapatalk

Yes, this I a "H" screwdriver. But I have no checked this model. I have just used Puretime screwdriver, expensive but perfect.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale in terms of technique, how do you suggest doing it. Take out screws, use a tweezers and dip the screw in a dot of glue, or use a toothpick and put a tiny bit in the hole? If I get excess on the bezel is it easy to wipe away?

Never Loctite direct in the hole.

Tweezers for the screws, a little dot of Loctite in a glass or marble and gentle dip the thread of the screw carefully. No problem to clean the bezel with a cloth but better try not touch the bezel with the Loctite, you could to lock the head of the screw.

ALE

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Thank you ALE for the precision about H screwdriver.

For the Loctite 222, once you use it are you still able to unscrew, if you want to change straps for example, without damaging/scratching the screws ?

222 is pricey, I imagine 10ml is enough for lots of REPs, don't you think ?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thank you ALE for the precision about H screwdriver.

For the Loctite 222, once you use it are you still able to unscrew, if you want to change straps for example, without damaging/scratching the screws ?

222 is pricey, I imagine 10ml is enough for lots of REPs, don't you think ?

Actually you need a low-medium threadlocker Loctite 222 and 243 are valid. Even 243 is a bit more strong.
Both allow disassembling without problems, they are made for that, no worries about.
I strongly recommend you to use watchsmith lens to make the tightening and avoid scratches.

ALE