• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

SamuelWitwicky

Known Member
13/8/15
[MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] ok sure. it's amazing how this thread has lasted for 4 years. Anyway, I'm just curious. How come for Hublots, there's no improved versions through the years? As compared to Rolexs for eg. Less demand for them?

Cheers,
Sam

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ALE7575 ok sure. it's amazing how this thread has lasted for 4 years. Anyway, I'm just curious. How come for Hublots, there's no improved versions through the years? As compared to Rolexs for eg. Less demand for them?

Cheers,
Sam

HBB V6 are almost at limit of quality compared to gen, bearing in mind the price.
There are no improvements because they are already improved near the limit.
Of course there is less demand than for Rolex because the brand is less popular.
Anyway, I don't wear yet my Rolex gen or reps, I'm really bored by them. I prefer my PAMs, APs or HBBs
BTW I recommend you to try the PAM and AP reps world, you will get impressed and never disappointed

ALE

SamuelWitwicky

Known Member
13/8/15
[MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] oh I see. Thanks for the info. Cuz I was wondering why since 2011 they haven't corrected the CF pattern on the RG version but the SS version bears the correct pattern.

And anyway, what a coincidence! I have checked them out actually. I'm waiting for the PAM616 to be improved before I purchase it haha. Although I'm assuming the engravings of "REG." and "T.M." should be easy enough to correct? :) The reactions to the watch are extremely polar but I'm on the side that loves it.

Cheers,
Sam

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
PAM 616 reps are worse than they seem. Just that
ALE

stevejones

27/1/14
apologies, just read on another thread that the one PBT39 posted is a 41mm .

does anyone know if the 41mm version available from v6/v6.5 ?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
apologies, just read on another thread that the one PBT39 posted is a 41mm .

does anyone know if the 41mm version available from v6/v6.5 ?

As far as I know V6Fac is only making good 44mm versions

ALE

stevejones

27/1/14
after a few nights of reading the hublots forum I think I am going to buy one, they look great .

I am in between 2 models

http://www.intime.co/hublot/957-big-bang-v6-factory-ss-bezel-case-on-black-rubber-strap.html

http://www.intime.co/hublot/954-big-bang-v6-factory-ceramic-bezel-ss-case-on-black-rubber-strap.html

you guys will probably know the models by the website title .

after reading lots of threads , I have read that the V6.5 is the one to buy .

but I came across another thread that says the V6 has the clasp that doesn't dig into the skin .

I want to buy one with the gummy strap ( is gummy strap the same as croco ? ) , the dealer says to let him know and he will get it with gummy. can I or should I ask for a V6 strap on a V6.5 watch ? not sure if they will do this though .

I have read the index on this thread but couldn't find a post on this . apologies if I missed it .

any help/advice is much appreciated

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
As far as I know V6Fac is only making good 44mm versions

ALE

Are there any decent newer releases that catch your eye (like anything that's been released after the V6.5's)? Also, is there anything of note on the horizon to be released in the near future that you know of? I find the newer Unico's with the Skeleton dials to be absolutely stunning (particularly the Big Bang Unico Titanium), but I fear that the demand is too small and the complexity of replication too high for it to ever actually become decently repped.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Are there any decent newer releases that catch your eye (like anything that's been released after the V6.5's)? Also, is there anything of note on the horizon to be released in the near future that you know of? I find the newer Unico's with the Skeleton dials to be absolutely stunning (particularly the Big Bang Unico Titanium), but I fear that the demand is too small and the complexity of replication too high for it to ever actually become decently repped.

No news AFAIK

ALE

SamuelWitwicky

Known Member
13/8/15
Hey ALE7575, I rejected the HBB RG/CF :( Puretime doesn't have the 4.5-teeth bezel anymore and I will not accept a 7-teeth bezel because from what I understand, no gen has a 7-teeth bezel

SamuelWitwicky

Known Member
13/8/15
ALE7575 I decided to get it anyway haha. I'll attach pictures below. Got this from PureTime

Crystal:
b0f3fe1fb019e6fee1558d54006f06ed.jpg

Comments: I'm still not good in telling apart single or double AR. Does the reflection seen in this picture indicate that there is no AR at all?

Dial:
f2e66e11686e5422a41cff7bdc28e754.jpg

Comments: I think the CF pattern as we already know is flawed but that was one that I was willing to accept

Bezel:
428e5cb7520f3c5b2c99e5e5f48b6e0a.jpg

Comments: as I mentioned earlier the bezel teeth is wrong. You can count the squares. It should be 4.5, not 7

Lume:
38a4912f02fd9e61c4704ab116443539.jpg

Comments: you could consider this poorly applied but I'm not sure whether the gen's lume is like this too. Maybe an expert can comment?

Other pictures:
82dbe89d5ecc92fb2a99fdccc4c7aa61.jpg

bad053ddf8d01a85bad173eac42bcc89.jpg

d60610614bec3aa38f4bb55c4565ccd0.jpg

as38asdf

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/2/15
Hey guys, I've just got an email from my TD with regards to V6.5 and it states:
"they have 44 mm of it before,the one you see in that link,

but they don't have it now,all new batch of it is 42 mm"

I do not have time to read the entire thread but i did a quick search and found nothing.
Does anyone know anything about this?

as38asdf

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/2/15
I've decided to pull the trigger and order a ceramic BB :D
Here are the QC pictures. (I'm uploading purely for the benefit of everyone here, and it isn't my intention to nitpick as I'm going ahead with the watch)
Enjoy :)
IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
I've decided to pull the trigger and order a ceramic BB :D
Here are the QC pictures. (I'm uploading purely for the benefit of everyone here, and it isn't my intention to nitpick as I'm going ahead with the watch)
Enjoy :)

Which dealer is giving you these QC photos?

They are high quality, like product catalogue photos with very decent lighting.

On the other hand you don't have the tag of your order (unless you cropped the photo), so there is no way to confirm that this is the watch that will be shipped to you.