• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

pip72

21/2/19
Got a reply from Jennifer from puretime , she told me that they r moving offices hence the delay .

Heard qc labs got raided badly this time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I got that same message, I hope It won't be long or I hope I'll get it period. Is this a normal thing?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Just wanted to pick on the collective brain in this forum. In full disclosure - I have already ordered the watch (couldn't resist the pics anymore). What do folks think of the $688 price tag, I still can't seem to agree with it. This is like Daytona price but that has true clone movement (fully functional chrono) and is a proven watch for a while. I understand most of the complications (except Power reserve) is functional but what makes it worth $688, is it just that this is the first 5712 rep and hence based on demand. The same "green factory" released quite a few new 5396 models (all on Trusty's website) that have complications but I hope their price is more reasonable. Since I have already ordered the watch (and may others will do so), maybe price doesn't matter but rep prices in general for the last year has been crazy. This thought just hasn't been sitting pretty with me.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Just wanted to pick on the collective brain in this forum. In full disclosure - I have already ordered the watch (couldn't resist the pics anymore). What do folks think of the $688 price tag, I still can't seem to agree with it. This is like Daytona price but that has true clone movement (fully functional chrono) and is a proven watch for a while. I understand most of the complications (except Power reserve) is functional but what makes it worth $688, is it just that this is the first 5712 rep and hence based on demand. The same "green factory" released quite a few new 5396 models (all on Trusty's website) that have complications but I hope their price is more reasonable. Since I have already ordered the watch (and may others will do so), maybe price doesn't matter but rep prices in general for the last year has been crazy. This thought just hasn't been sitting pretty with me.

I'm only new and my rep knowledge/collection isnt vast, yet, but I think the price tag is a little high.

My opinion may not count for much, as I've only done 2 M2M purchases and 1 TD double order so far.

But from looking across the site, and the TDs offerings, I have set an non-sensical arbitrary budget in my head of approx $500.

That's what I myself deem acceptable, per watch, regardless of brand, to test the waters with. If its below great, if above, I tend to query why.

Saying that, if the collective community deem this an awesome find, with little or no visual tells or mods required, I will of course stretch to the $688, but I just dont know yet - am kinda on the fence a little & suffice to say the price is one of the main factors that's keeping me there.

Just my 2c anyway

Last edited:

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
If you look at the 3KF Aquanaut at the moment which has a true clone of the c.324 that's priced at $488. That's good value for me.

Yes $688 is expensive, but look at what you get for that. The dial is pretty damn special.

Reactions: pip72

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Trusty just posted this at $438

Dont think it's the updated version though, could be wrong.

ZE55BS.jpg

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

True but there is nothing we can do about it.... That’s clever pricing strategy in my book from factories, Maximizing profits , knowing your customers... etc...

I humbly think they will try to squeeze much more out of us...

I see $1000 as The target, and worst is that if that’s quality products , meaning , no need for modding, I will gladly pay the price again we must look how far we are coming from ...

Last edited: