• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone called you out for wearing a replica?

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
for what its worth nobody has ever suggested i was wearing a replica. have gotten a lot of compliments on my AP royal oak grey dial but otherwise nada. Most people probably have no clue anyways

Reactions: Patrick18

MoneyCat1!

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/17
I enjoy wearing my ARF DJ... it's not too flashy and people assume it's legit given the circumstances.... i tell them it's a rep and then they ask if they can wear it and where to get a similar piece.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
One time I was at my daughter's school for Daddy Donut day and one guy (my daughter's friend's dad) who sat across me came over and said "Is that a submariner?"

He told me how he has an older Seamaster at home and he really wants to get a sub. Blah blah blah.

I was wearing Noob V2 116610LN lol. I should have just said it was a rep but I didn't have to say much. The guy did all the talking.

Reactions: Dokraven

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Just don't pull up in this wearing a Patek :p​​​​​​

That is correct! xd

Either you don't care saying it's a rep, so show up with whatever you want or buy reps that match your lifestyle

ter2625

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/7/19
I once spotted the post delivery guy in our office block wearing a nice Hublot when in the same lift. Didn’t mention, but did notice him eyeing my Tag rep also. I thought it was cool and I n reflection maybe I should’ve complemented his watch and shown mine.

Reactions: Dokraven

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I once spotted the post delivery guy in our office block wearing a nice Hublot when in the same lift. Didn’t mention, but did notice him eyeing my Tag rep also. I thought it was cool and I n reflection maybe I should’ve complemented his watch and shown mine.

He was probably wondering if it was your package that he stole the Hublot out of.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Yep, one could get a beautiful 16613 for as much as 7500 euros, and that is a very good two tone watch. The problem arises if you get a 16613, then a daytona, then a PP, then an AP every other month lol

They'll think you are in the "Sollozzo business".

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I live in Mexico City, as in many big cities crime is to high and I have been mugged three times while I was stuck in traffic, all three times the criminals took my gens father that I decided to wear reps and keep my gens inside the vault at home, I only use gens at special events or important business meetings, sad but true

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I never understood this thing. So next time a guy knocks on your car window while you are waiting for a green light in Avenida Reforma, what are you going to do? Tell him to inspect the SELs and bezel insert numerals to demonstrate it's a ZZF v2 instead of a $10,000 Rolex Submariner?

Last edited:

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
I enjoy wearing my ARF DJ... it's not too flashy and people assume it's legit given the circumstances.... i tell them it's a rep and then they ask if they can wear it and where to get a similar piece.

All jokes aside, I’ve actually been called out for my ARF DJ in Vegas. I walked into a Rolex store because my wife was taking forever shopping. The lady behind the counter complemented my rep which is actually a Franken. (Dial, hands, DW, crystal) and said “your watch looks awkward” and proceeded to comment about my SS faux WG bezel. She showed me a gen and it’s a very noticeable. Since then, I updated my franken to a gen SS bezel. Lol

I’m at the time of my life where I can afford a Rolex without it making a dent in my wallet. But I will NEVER succumb to their waiting list game for a SS model. It’s nearly impossible to get a gen SS these days unless you buy from a grey market with ridiculous markup.
f90a0ce0b9e6ba13bec57cabe5138ba2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
All jokes aside, I’ve actually been called out for my ARF DJ in Vegas. I walked into a Rolex store because my wife was taking forever shopping. The lady behind the counter complemented my rep which is actually a Franken. (Dial, hands, DW, crystal) and said “your watch looks awkward” and proceeded to comment about my SS faux WG bezel. She showed me a gen and it’s a very noticeable. Since then, I updated my franken to a gen SS bezel. Lol

I’m at the time of my life where I can afford a Rolex without it making a dent in my wallet. But I will NEVER succumb to their waiting list game for a SS model. It’s nearly impossible to get a gen SS these days unless you buy from a grey market with ridiculous markup.

Well this is the one we didnt want to hear , best to run away now

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I never understood this thing. So next time a guy knocks on your car window while you are waiting for a green light in Avenida Reforma, what are you going to do? Tell him to inspect the SELs and bezel insert numerals to demonstrate it's a ZZF v2 instead of a $10,000 Rolex Submariner?

If I was going to be mugged, possibly murdered, for my watch, then I’d rather die with the smug knowledge that my mugger was only getting away with a $400 watch that they would later be exchanging for a score from their drug dealer, rather than a $10,000 watch, that they would later be exchanging for a score from their drug dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
If I was going to be mugged, possibly murdered, for my watch, then I’d rather die with the smug knowledge that my mugger was only getting away with a $400 watch that they would later be exchanging for a score from their drug dealer, rather than a $10,000 watch, that they would later be exchanging for a score from their drug dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knowing you bro. You don't own just a $400 rep.

Reactions: p0pperini

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17

2-A0-B668-D-8-BD2-4372-BC42-34-A43-B772-F59.jpg

Reactions: p0pperini

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21

Totally agree with you... Would never wear anything that says "Rolex" in Mexico, lived there for 3 years and I know what Im talking about xd