• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
This is how I felt too. I found I preferred The zzf hands and DW and to the VSF couldn’t care about the case CG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah best hands besides good ol ARF. I'm totally fan boying for them until I just can't anymore. I made friends with a guy in China who works with reps and such and he still insists ARF is the way to go. He does metalwork and said they're steel quality is far ahead of everyone else. But we'll see with the massive influx of Rolex reppers coming around.

Do we know if ARF is still doing the bracelet like they did for ZZF in the last iteration? Is Clean going to be doing the same hands as ZZF? I'm not sure how anyone would know for sure outside of an insider, but figured I'd float the question.

Side note: sure wish some of these companies could join together and make a "super duper" rep OOTB lol. Or like a "bespoke" rep. Something that worked along the lines of: Ok look, to not draw too much legal attention, you can have [X %] of gen. Please choose [X amount] of flaws from the following list. The rest will be manufactured and assembled to meet or exceed your expectations. You may choose one upgrade from the following list [i.e. improved black hole crystal, re-brushed bracelet, etc]. Now give me a whole lot of dollars please. And thank you for being a valued customer."

Idk, maybe this pandemic induced hermit life has left me with too much free time on my hands lol.

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
They all look great! Between ZF, ARF and Clean I'm struggling to settle on which no-date to order. Maybe just have to order one of each and M2M the 2 that don't get the wrist time.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
They all look great! Between ZF, ARF and Clean I'm struggling to settle on which no-date to order. Maybe just have to order one of each and M2M the 2 that don't get the wrist time.

I have to say the ARF is behind aesthetically for me. You won’t be disappointed with the zzf/clean. I had the V2S below

77692024cb9f72431c48d168d6c2b831.jpg

My mates Gen for reference
b40b67e0283d82b86911744af9904e01.jpg

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
I have to say the ARF is behind aesthetically for me. You won’t be disappointed with the zzf/clean. I had the V2S below

77692024cb9f72431c48d168d6c2b831.jpg

My mates Gen for reference
b40b67e0283d82b86911744af9904e01.jpg

Oof that's pretty. Thanks for the pics

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I had a V2S and it was SHIT compared to VSF.

Look folks, until someone does better than VSF, all these factories are wasting their time. VSF has nailed the 116610, all these others can’t even get the case/cg’s right and their bracelets are sharp and unrefined, they all SHIT ok?
Buy VSF if you want a near 1:1 Submariner, it’s GAME OVER for every other factory.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Look folks, until someone does better than VSF, all these factories are wasting their time. VSF has nailed the 116610, all these others can’t even get the case/cg’s right and their bracelets are sharp and unrefined, they all SHIT ok?
Buy VSF if you want a near 1:1 Submariner, it’s GAME OVER for every other factory.

I did’t feel that way about the ZZF at all.

I didn’t like the VSF I’ve had hulk and 2 LN so far trying to give them another go and have sold all 3 on.

It had a better case shape I know that and the way it was assembled was a bit nicer, it had a smoother bezel turn unwinding of the crown. But other than that there was nothing appreciably better. In fact the bracelets had same edges. Sel fit was worse on vsfs and hands and DW were a lot worse, they matter a lot to me. dial print wasn’t quite there either. Dial lume was a little too light hand lume completely different, hands looked too fat and flatter too. Zzf/clean hands are really rather pretty

When I looked at it on first releases the case excited me but in hand I just see rep watch. That’s Probably the DW and hands that ultimately ruin it for me. As that what catches my eye. I look forward to the no date though. Rehaut was messed up, zzf was too for a bit.

I feel like I’m The only one who feels this way but I don’t get all the hype on the VSF 116 models other than a slightly nicer rep xtal and case shape.

My point being the ZF and ZZF/Clean certainly aren’t shit in comparison to the VSF still plenty they can improve on, as they all can.

Last edited:

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

Hahahaha... I read your humour in tandem with your “hatred” which are acceptable in your merits to which I’m learning towards your side

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Dial lume was a little too light hand lume completely different, hands looked too fat and flatter too. Zzf/clean hands are really rather pretty

When I looked at it on first releases the case excited me but in hand I just see rep watch. That’s Probably the DW and hands that ultimately ruin it for me. As that what catches my eye. k

There is no issue with hands or DW on either of my VSF's, they seem to have fixed both of those. Dial and hand lume is exact with my gen. I really feel that VSF is a 'Rolex made in China' same was a full English breakfast is still a full English even if you have it in Morrocco.. VSF Sub is light years ahead of the rest of the herd, it's nearly indistinguishable from genuine, yet folks are still buying into ZZF/Clean or Noob or ARF or whatever, these are watches that look and FEEL like reps.. instead of buying the one that actually is a great replica.

That's what we are all here for - the BEST, most accurate and quality finished replica, is it not?.. Well, it's VSF116610LN/V..

Sorry If coming across as a fanboy, I'm not, I'll be the 1st to call VSF shit when they screw up the 116613TT's endlinks (as they do).. I'm just trying to educate folks in what is best out there.

If you want 'the best Sub rep', today it's VSF hands down.

Last edited:

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
There is issue with hands or DW on either of my VSF's, they seem to have fixed both of those. Dial and hand lume is exact with my gen. I really feel that VSF is a 'Rolex made in China' same was a full English breakfast is still a full English even if you have it in Morrocco.. VSF Sub is light years ahead of the rest of the herd, it's nearly indistinguishable from genuine, yet folks are still buying into ZZF/Clean or Noob or ARF or whatever, these are watches that look and FEEL like reps.. instead of buying the one that actually is a great replica.

That's what we are all here for - the BEST, most accurate and quality finished replica, is it not?.. Well, it's VSF116610LN/V..

Sorry If coming across as a fanboy, I'm not, I'll be the 1st to call VSF shit when they screw up the 116613TT's endlinks (as they do).. I'm just trying to educate folks in what is best out there.

If you want 'the best Sub rep', today it's VSF hands down.

giphy.gif

Put the vsf next to zzf or other latest rep and you’ll find out all coffee tastes the same, even with cream.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think much of the point is that many of folks buying these have never had a real one, they don't know what a real Genuine watch is like, they just compare one rep to the other. Let me tell you that the VSF is the only replica I have handled that FEELS genuine and has a build quality to match. Noob, ZZF/clean, ARF, whatever other, they all FEEL like fake watches, hand one to someone that knows how a real watch is and they'll call in in a second. Hand a VSF 116610 to a genuine owner and he will be none the wiser..

You know what in fact.. go buy Clean, and ARF and Noob and ROF and sponsor V1 through V11, shave your fingernails with the bracelet edges and make a fool of yourself when a genuine owner sees a shit rep on your wrist that you think is great because it's V5. Leave the VSF's for those that know what's best.:yoda:

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
giphy.gif

Put the vsf next to zzf or other latest rep and you’ll find out all coffee tastes the same, even with cream.

I did and there is a long thread about it. I compared VSF ZZF V2S and Genuine. ZZF was shit. Shit bezel, shit clasp, shit crystal, shit gritty crown screw, shit light and sharp edge bracelet etc etc.. it was shit. https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...enuine-and-zzf

No actually, that's not fair.. it was actually a pretty good rep as reps go! But then VSF came along and owned the rep Sub industry by giving us a watch that doesn't look or feel like a replica.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I did and there is a long thread about it. I compared VSF ZZF V2S and Genuine. ZZF was shit.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...2580-vsf-hulk-comparison-with-genuine-and-zzf

I know of YOUR thread, we all do. That’s your opinion and others are entitled the theirs. Many reviews have been posted on all reps, none with the “fanboy” aftermath you, yourself posts. I own 3 lv’s noob Franken, zzf and vsf, the vsf will be first to go! I actually had to send a vsf back being doa.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I respect your opinion, I didn’t come To the same conclusion mine still stands Vsf hans dial and DW aren’t as pretty or gen like. From my comparison anyway. I hope they’ve improved things, though my hulk is newest batch and the dw was a bit better actually but dial flat fat hands and white mismatch lume was all the same still.

Reactions: stabstarr

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Nice to see a factory that challenges ARF with the 116613LB.

As gen and ARF v2 owner the CF version might be a small step up taking over the no 1 rep place for the bluesy.

But I still wouldn't upgrade my ARF since the main issue still remains. The dial color. It looks very close to ARF and it's a bit off. There are other small differences from gen but not worth mentioning. The gold plating should been seen irl before being commented further but it looks good on Li's picture.

But I'm hopeful. Maybe CF will have a v2 in the future and we might have 116613LB super-rep even if plated gold always is a risk.

Last edited:

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I think much of the point is that many of folks buying these have never had a real one, they don't know what a real Genuine watch is like, they just compare one rep to the other. Let me tell you that the VSF is the only replica I have handled that FEELS genuine and has a build quality to match. Noob, ZZF/clean, ARF, whatever other, they all FEEL like fake watches, hand one to someone that knows how a real watch is and they'll call in in a second. Hand a VSF 116610 to a genuine owner and he will be none the wiser..

You know what in fact.. go buy Clean, and ARF and Noob and ROF and sponsor V1 through V11, shave your fingernails with the bracelet edges and make a fool of yourself when a genuine owner sees a shit rep on your wrist that you think is great because it's V5. Leave the VSF's for those that know what's best.:yoda:

Do you have any idea what is on the edge of this VSF bracelet link?
6570616f3950212a443cc42e7885871f.jpg

Hint: from my nail......