• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
CF got their own movement?
Description of the seller say CF3135 as movement description.

If I recall only VS got rolex serial number engraved.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I see a lot of people still ordering the zzf, maybe this rebranding has been not so well communicated.
It might be a problem. Not that the change hasnt been communicated but I think all these new factory names are terrible.

I know these facotiess well and have trouble keeping a mental list of the details that zzf improved versus what vrf did versus vsf especially when you look at the LN and LV and LB models. It's not like it's just ARF anymore. There are a lot of initials to keep straight.

I think we're just seeing poor marketing and branding by these factories. These factory names are terrible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Hazing

9/5/19
Yeh... Gen is slanted.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Yeh... Gen is slanted.

Yeh... Gen is slanted.

Yeh... Gen is slanted.

I see you have a point you're trying to make. Or you're trying to pad your post count. I'll bite.

You think the gen is slanted? Please elaborate.

Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrcraft

Hazing

9/5/19
CF got their own movement?
Description of the seller say CF3135 as movement description.

If I recall only VS got rolex serial number engraved.
I got the GMF gmt that had this.

And the TDs do not refer to movements the same way we do.

If you ask a TD for a VR3185 or a VR3186 (or an Sa3135 of SH3135) they will send you a movement that you're not expecting.

I saw this when in that GMF a lot because they switched to the VR3186 (what we call the VR3186) and everyone started requesting the BLNR with the VR3186 and Li would work hard to get them the VR3186 but then when they got it a lot of people were complaining saying "its not a VR3186".

But if it matter, the 3186 with the serial number was what the TDs called the VR.

Reactions: SHB

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
I got the GMF gmt that had this.

And the TDs do not refer to movements the same way we do.

If you ask a TD for a VR3185 or a VR3186 (or an Sa3135 of SH3135) they will send you a movement that you're not expecting.

I saw this when in that GMF a lot because they switched to the VR3186 (what we call the VR3186) and everyone started requesting the BLNR with the VR3186 and Li would work hard to get them the VR3186 but then when they got it a lot of people were complaining saying "its not a VR3186".

But if it matter, the 3186 with the serial number was what the TDs called the VR.

Did I miss something? Is there a GMT movement reliable now? I would love a nice ootb gmt rep in my collection

However I'm VERY tempted by this new 2 tone by CF

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Did I miss something? Is there a GMT movement reliable now? I would love a nice ootb gmt rep in my collection

VRF released a proper 3185 clone.

FBITW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Just want to confirm, will it be available with A2836 movement?

Hazing

9/5/19

There are a few. The inserts are all garbage but the watches are otherwise solid. I swapped the insert and put on a gen LN insert and it's great. It runs like
I'd like to change the crystal though.

Reactions: acer1113

JohnLukeNY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
17/12/20
US
The general consensus is that VSF 116610 LN is a NWBIG rep, potentially a super rep if the rehut alignment issue gets fixed.

While It’s too early to say until pictures and reviews of purchased models start popping, but at this point of the conversation is it safe to say that CF LN and LV subs don’t seem to be at VSF level yet? At least from these pictures?

I had done all my homework and was literally seconds away to place an order for a VSF LN, and now this post got me all confused again.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The general consensus is that VSF 116610 LN is a NWBIG rep, potentially a super rep if the rehut alignment issue gets fixed.

While It’s too early to say until pictures and reviews of purchased models start popping, but at this point of the conversation is it safe to say that CF LN and LV subs don’t seem to be at VSF level yet? At least from these pictures?

I had done all my homework and was literally seconds away to place an order for a VSF LN, and now this post got me all confused again.

Go with VSF, seems like they fixed the rehaut and hands in the last couple weeks.

Shany

24/6/19
Another Point to avoid zzf/clean is there 316 / 904 Steel Scandal.
and they just Begin from Start with their V1-xx version

We have zzf v3 now its Start with clean v1-3? No thanks

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

Sincerely, way to do your homework before asking the dreaded "who makes the best sub" question. In fact, you already had it narrowed down lol.

I've never seen a VSF in person. The hands on this CF appear to be better though. That being said, it does appear VSF is the way to go when considering OOTB and factoring in the price especially.

I have a feeling the two tone Clean is going to take the cake as far as those models go. I'm still an ARF fan boy for the two tones though until then.

Bendori

2/5/16
Go with VSF, seems like they fixed the rehaut and hands in the last couple weeks.

I can't find what you are refering to for the life of me. What's wrong with VSF rehaut and hands? From pics they look just fine to me..

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
114060 No Date Clean Factory it’s a Super Rep? looks 100% perfect.. Thanks

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yes they are slightly slanted. If really looking for it, can def tell vs Gen. However, I have a ZZF v2S that I frankened (best insert at the time and a bracelet i wanted to use fit very well) and I'll tell ya what, I could give only about two shits and zero fucks in regards to the crown guards. Almost gave 3 shits but couldn't quite get the third one out.

Joking lol,, but metaphorically speaking, I'm serious as shit. Heh. It's perhaps one of the most irrelevant flaws ever- outside of the intrinsically inane pursuit of the fabled "perfect case" for satisfaction's sake.

This is how I felt too. I found I preferred The zzf hands and DW and to the VSF couldn’t care about the case CG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk