• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I agree, I think this is a better rep, some wouldn’t agree though. That’s how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't bring up the lugs as that has been beaten to death but:

1) crystal still needs more AR

2) size of dial and bezel insert not increased, they're sourcing the 116610 versions and made the outer bezel rim bigger to compensate for the increase in size

3) SELs not recessed enough compared to latest Rolex batches

So the 116610 is still the more accurate rep by VSF

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The 6 index is crooked with bottom of index too far to the left and the top appears to be leaning right. I've accepted QC already since the rest of watch seem good .........but was wondering is this easy to fix?

It is crooked bro!!!
and DW/Cyclope is not good...it is first VSF watch I even seen with this defects

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
2) size of dial and bezel insert not increased, they're sourcing the 116610 versions and made the outer bezel rim bigger to compensate for the increase in size

Apologies if I’ve missed some discussion on this but is that confirmed on the dial and bezel insert sizes?

Sent from the RWI App

leegwatch

Horology Curious
14/2/15
Canada
[mention]leegwatch [/mention] the marker is leaning to the right for sure. I wouldn’t accept it’s a pain to have someone sort it out and who know might end up scratching the dial or hands.

there’s plenty around that are okay. Your dw also looks like The print may be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. I've already accepted so hope it will not look as bad on actual watch.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thanks for the feedback. I've already accepted so hope it will not look as bad on actual watch.

you will never see these small flaws on your wrist. I think for the DW it's just a badly taken photo. You will be very happy with your watch !!!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Does anyone have measurements to support either theory?
Thanks for linking the post but there seemed to be a few ‘maybes’ and ‘all but confirmed’ to be sure?

Sent from the RWI App

I mean the post I linked said he measured it... maybe he can post his measurements here. That, and the fact that it is confirmed to be using a 3135 date indicator seating and date disc means its pretty damn unlikely they're using an upsized dial and insert as per gen.

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I mean the post I linked said he measured it... maybe he can post his measurements here. That, and the fact that it is confirmed to be using a 3135 date indicator seating and date disc means its pretty damn unlikely they're using an increased dial and insert.

Why not?
Previous sub was 40.3mm and this one is 40.5mm.
They are basically the same watch, with new movement and thinner lugs on the new model...

Do you think someone will spot a 0.2 or 0.3mm difference?
It’s 0.1mm on each side.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Why not?
Previous sub was 40.3mm and this one is 40.5mm.
They are basically the same watch, with new movement and thinner lugs on the new model...

Do you think someone will spot a 0.2 or 0.3mm difference?
It’s 0.1mm on each side.

I haven't held the 126610 by VSF but I can tell you I have seen the difference with the gen in hand and with the dial and insert size it is apparent to me. It feels more open.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I haven't held the 126610 by VSF but I can tell you I have seen the difference with the gen in hand and with the dial and insert size it is apparent to me. It feels more open.

The different appearance and proportions of the 126610 are dominated by the lugs and SEL width. Absolutely impossible to surely determine the exact dial size with the naked eye. The wider bracelet and thinner lugs make the dial actually appear visually smaller than on an 116610.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The different appearance and proportions of the 126610 are dominated by the lugs and SEL width. Absolutely impossible to surely determine the exact dial size with the naked eye. The wider bracelet and thinner lugs make the dial actually appear a little smaller than on an 116610.

This literally not true. Yes lugs are a major part but I can definitively see the size difference for the dial and insert. You can't tell me what I can literally see in person.

Reactions: StreetFighter