• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This ARF dial it isn't the counters correct version. They are too thin. The one with correct counters it isn't creamy! It have the same gen white color!

Well actually there are at least 4 different versions of the v2 ARF dial :)

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Thanks for the heads up!
Looks like I won't be able to tell, might have to see if it has that yellowish tint when I receive it.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
My V2 for reference.

ZOG7lW.jpg

Is that the Arf v2 watch or the Arf v2 dial swapped into the Noob?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I think you are right. Arf was noisy for me and sat a bit high on the wrist

Yeah but when you remove deco plate and change caseback with noob caseback it is same thickness as noob,i had slimmed arf daytona

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
To you guys that are looking to upgrade your Noob with a ARF dial, i put together this photo to help you out, and to show you what to look for :)

Top 3 dials are all ARF, same batch, correct sized subdials, correct position on the Daytona text ect. (I borrowed Mark1937 dial in the middle, the other 2 are mine.) The dials are the same color, but with different exposures. (Thats why its hard to trust a photo online in regards to color :)

Bottom 3 photos are from left, Gen dial, and then 2 wrong ARF dials (Current batches) Notice on the wrong dials, skinny subdials, numbers on subdials are not placed towards the inner ring, and the Daytona text is to high.

The million dollar question is, should YOU stick with the stock noob or change to an ARF dial. Well imo, Noob did a good job on the v2.2 / v.4 dial in regards to subdial size. Where they fall short is (on many) the Daytona text placement and color, the ridiculous donut O, the 4 lines of text and the overall cispyness and "quality".

If we forget about macro shots on the internet, the thing that catches my eye on the wrist, is the subdial size first of, and to me the most important thing to have right. The other things you gain with the ARF dial, is the overall luster :)

So is it worth it? imo 100%. ARF dial, gen hands, gen crystal gasket, ARF bracelet, and you got one hell of a watch :)

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
To you guys that are looking to upgrade your Noob with a ARF dial, i put together this photo to help you out, and to show you what to look for :)

Top 3 dials are all ARF, same batch, correct sized subdials, correct position on the Daytona text ect. (I borrowed Mark1937 dial in the middle, the other 2 are mine.) The dials are the same color, but with different exposures. (Thats why its hard to trust a photo online in regards to color :)

Bottom 3 photos are from left, Gen dial, and then 2 wrong ARF dials (Current batches) Notice on the wrong dials, skinny subdials, numbers on subdials are not placed towards the inner ring, and the Daytona text is to high.

The million dollar question is, should YOU stick with the stock noob or change to an ARF dial. Well imo, Noob did a good job on the v2.2 / v.4 dial in regards to subdial size. Where they fall short is (on many) the Daytona text placement and color, the ridiculous donut O, the 4 lines of text and the overall cispyness and "quality".

If we forget about macro shots on the internet, the thing that catches my eye on the wrist, is the subdial size first of, and to me the most important thing to have right. The other things you gain with the ARF dial, is the overall luster :)

So is it worth it? imo 100%. ARF dial, gen hands, gen crystal gasket, ARF bracelet, and you got one hell of a watch :)

Very informative, thank you for posting. Does the same guidance apply to the black dial version?