• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

shocktech102

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
okay this picture shows the more palladium the whiter the gold or not ?

You are not understanding what I was saying. My comment wasn’t about it being more yellow than yellow gold. I said it is more yellow than rhodium plated white gold because it is palladium WG. Which you can see by what I posted and have been saying, is more yellow than rhodium plated WG.

Reactions: KJ2020 and BiH855

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
You are not understanding what I was saying. My comment wasn’t about it being more yellow than yellow gold. I said it is more yellow than rhodium plated white gold because it is palladium WG. Which you can see by what I posted and have been saying, is more yellow than rhodium plated WG.

Ah ok now i understand what you meant. 100% agree

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
186e71cea13ab74164008a307f921e49.jpg

I own a fair share of gen wg pieces and I can’t even tell the difference weight aside. My skyd has an ivory dial so the contrast between the white gold and “yellow” hue is more apparent but without holding it I would never know. I could do a side by side of my platona v white gold Daytona and my mind would be just as confused lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
petethai IFrederickI sunrayminor MikeMeezy77
​​​​​​​
Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm having trouble with QC pics - I keep getting watches with horrendously left centered date wheels and they're trying to fob me of saying they're all like that.

As such, please, please could you guys post a front on picture of your watches with the date set to the 27th so I can provide the TD with proof of how the watch should be?

I'd be very grateful if you could assist.

Many thanks in anticipation :thumbsup:

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
@GingerBubba
It’s definitely off center. I was going to put a gen datewheel in sooner or later.

VSF Stock
c35fad7df528cf03054b082b0ceb7210.jpg

Gen datewheel but bad mag
2b024a1f006df396e86c2ff5813d8ef7.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
petethai IFrederickI sunrayminor MikeMeezy77

Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm having trouble with QC pics - I keep getting watches with horrendously left centered date wheels and they're trying to fob me of saying they're all like that.

As such, please, please could you guys post a front on picture of your watches with the date set to the 27th so I can provide the TD with proof of how the watch should be?

I'd be very grateful if you could assist.

Many thanks in anticipation :thumbsup:

Was same on my QC pics. However I approved as 11 looked okay. Think it is like that on all.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
GingerBubba The 27th is one of 3 or 4 dates that are off center. The rest are pretty good. I took a look at my other VSF’s and the 27th seemed okay. My eyes aren’t great anyway and nobody I know grabs my wrist and pulls it up so they can check out the center ness of my date wheel but now I know not to go out on the 27th with this watch.
Here are some shots

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
Meant LN and LB of course....

On another note I can tell you that the lume on the Smurf actually lasted until morning and it was still very good :)

The LB is definitely something I cannot wait to see. I held off on the ARF version although it looks pretty damn good.

Reactions: AJ82

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think the trouble was that I'm used to seeing photos of all the wonderful watches in this thread (because you guys take pics of the watch looking at it's best understandably), so I'd not really seen a picture of an off centre date wheel. Then all of a sudden I get my QC pics and the bloody thing looked dreadful - but in hindsight, I was ONLY shown pictures of 27th - if they'd shown me a different date (which no doubt would have been fine), I probably would have accepted it immediately!

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
pretty nice move of the TDs showing the 27th knowingly that's the worst date, always had the impression they try to hide things. Makes me less distrustful from now on :D

Reactions: BobJon1363

gravec

25/5/20
186e71cea13ab74164008a307f921e49.jpg

I own a fair share of gen wg pieces and I can’t even tell the difference weight aside. My skyd has an ivory dial so the contrast between the white gold and “yellow” hue is more apparent but without holding it I would never know. I could do a side by side of my platona v white gold Daytona and my mind would be just as confused lol

i would love to see the Steel / WG / Platinum comparison of the Daytona’s