• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV Submariner 904L Kermit photo review

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
A very welcome 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.
By the way that's my ARF untouched yet.
0005218bca7ea20e5630ea67a44566f5.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Thank you.
By the way that's my ARF untouched yet.
0005218bca7ea20e5630ea67a44566f5.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Looking good. Would you share some more photos please. Curious if any changes were made to the crown guards, SEL, clasp. Thanks :)

Reactions: ColumnWheel

HardVision

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
So I just got my new “gen” bezel spring and click spring in an effort to make the bezel action more solid and get rid of the rock/wobble. Here are just a few notes from what I found.

Factory ARF bezel spring(washer) thickness) 0.0081” (0.205mm)
Factory ARF bezel click spring wire thickness) 0.0159” (0.403mm)

Ebay “Gen Swiss Made” bezel spring (washer) thickness) 0.0061” (0.154mm)
Ebay “Gen Swiss Made” bezel click spring) 0.0156” (0.396mm)

As I suspected you can double up the washers but it makes the bezel action too stiff. The nice thing about the washers being doubled up is that the bezel rock/wobble was almost completely gone! If this washer could be 0.012” (0.304mm) it would be a nice sweet spot between eliminating the rock/wobble and still allowing the bezel to rotate smoothly.
The click spring was just a tiny about better, but I think that what the difference was is the large curve that the click spring has. After swapping them around a couple of times I gave the large curve of the click spring a smaller/tighter radius bend, and with the click spring in place I bent the little finger at the end of the spring so it would be angled up from the watch face.
These two things made the bezel action much more acceptable. IMO buying the Swiss made equivalent parts was a waste of $80. I think the fix for the bezel is to buy a gen bezel ring and gen bezel retaining ring (the bit that sits around the crystal that holds onto the click spring) not exactly a cheap fix unfortunately :(

Reactions: ColumnWheel

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
So I just got my new “gen” bezel spring and click spring in an effort to make the bezel action more solid and get rid of the rock/wobble. Here are just a few notes from what I found.

As I suspected you can double up the washers but it makes the bezel action too stiff. The nice thing about the washers being doubled up is that the bezel rock/wobble was almost completely gone! If this washer could be 0.012” (0.304mm) it would be a nice sweet spot between eliminating the rock/wobble and still allowing the bezel to rotate smoothly.
The click spring was just a tiny about better, but I think that what the difference was is the large curve that the click spring has. After swapping them around a couple of times I gave the large curve of the click spring a smaller/tighter radius bend, and with the click spring in place I bent the little finger at the end of the spring so it would be angled up from the watch face.
These two things made the bezel action much more acceptable. IMO buying the Swiss made equivalent parts was a waste of $80. I think the fix for the bezel is to buy a gen bezel ring and gen bezel retaining ring (the bit that sits around the crystal that holds onto the click spring) not exactly a cheap fix unfortunately :(

Correct. I solved mine installing a genuine crystal retaining ring and a genuine spring. Bezel is not needed!

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
[QUOTE
SH swap to VR
First successful mod done by me :) now to change crystal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Very nice watch congratulations with your frog buddy!
wear it in good health!

HardVision

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
Correct. I solved mine installing a genuine crystal retaining ring and a genuine spring. Bezel is not needed!

Where might I find information on how to remove the retaining ring? Is it a press in piece or a thread in? Thanks in advance!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

You can sand the bezel tension ring to a thinner diameter. I've done it a bunch of times for various purposes. Same for a DW overlay. I have used the tension rings as spacers under inserts to build up height for proper fit, for example.

Use some wide masking tape, roll it over onto itself to make it double-sided sticky. Pull it taut over a crystal die larger than the ring and stick the ring onto the die. Sand on paper flat on the bench. Soak in soapy water for easy removal if bending of the ring looks possible when trying to separate it.