• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Yachtmaster 226659 with Asian 3235 Movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can someone who has this rep please confirm the direction of time setting and quickset date on the VS3235?

Gen 3235
Position 2: Forward crown = Forward date
Position 3: Backward crown = Forward hands

BTW Rolex reps have always had the ball bearing rotor, which is what makes some noise as the rotor spins. The bearings can be lubricated - a single drop of heavy oil (HP-1300 or D5) is what the service manual recommends for 31xx, Moebius 9010 for ETAs. Ball bearing rotors on the gen 32xx movements are a new thing, so the rotor noise on the gen is also new. The previous axle rotors are quieter.

There is a tendency for reppers to put too much oil on the bearings to quiet the rotor noise. I've even seen people state they are using silicone grease on them - yikes!

Take note of this statement from the blog linked below:

"Ball-bearing rotors have their advantages and so do their axle counterparts. A rotor with ball bearings requires very little lubrication; in fact if too much lubricant is added to the ball bearings, automatic winding will become sluggish fairly quickly."

https://quillandpad.com/2019/11/19/w...ich-is-better/

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I will see that later.
I'm sure that the position 2 functions like you've said (counterclockwise changes the date forward).

Not sure about the hour, because the watch has been sitting on the winder since I've received it.
But I can almost guarantee that it functions like gen.

Cheers

James2020

1/6/20

just got my VSF YM! It’s a very nice rep. Look at the black hole effect on that cyclops!

winding is buttery smooth and very little rotor noise. Oyster flex looks legit and very comfy!

It’s one of the best OOTB rep for me and I would highly recommend this rep to anyone who’s still sitting on the fence

Reactions: Jayalvin777

James2020

1/6/20
Can someone who has this rep please confirm the direction of time setting and quickset date on the VS3235?

Gen 3235
Position 2: Backward crown = Forward date
Position 3: Backward crown = Forward hands

BTW Rolex reps have always had the ball bearing rotor, which is what makes some noise as the rotor spins. The bearings can be lubricated - a single drop of heavy oil (HP-1300 or D5) is what the service manual recommends for 31xx, Moebius 9010 for ETAs. Ball bearing rotors on the gen 32xx movements are a new thing, so the rotor noise on the gen is also new. The previous axle rotors are quieter.

There is a tendency for reppers to put too much oil on the bearings to quiet the rotor noise. I've even seen people state they are using silicone grease on them - yikes!

Take note of this statement from the blog linked below:

"Ball-bearing rotors have their advantages and so do their axle counterparts. A rotor with ball bearings requires very little lubrication; in fact if too much lubricant is added to the ball bearings, automatic winding will become sluggish fairly quickly."

https://quillandpad.com/2019/11/19/w...ich-is-better/

KJ, just checked my YM:

postion 2 : rotate crown clockwise -> date advances
position 3 : rotate crown anticlockwise -> time advances

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Last edited:

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

just got my VSF YM! It’s a very nice rep. Look at the black hole effect on that cyclops!

winding is buttery smooth and very little rotor noise. Oyster flex looks legit and very comfy!

It’s one of the best OOTB rep for me and I would highly recommend this rep to anyone who’s still sitting on the fence

Very tempting bro... I have a 6.5 inch wrist, think I can still pull it off?

James2020

1/6/20
Very tempting bro... I have a 6.5 inch wrist, think I can still pull it off?

My wrist is just under 7 inches and it wears fine with the glidelock set at the shortest setting so it maybe a little loose for you.

Though it’s 42mm, it does wear quite small and comfy becos of the rubber strap. Lug-to-lug, I will need to compare it with SubC. I suspect it’s quite similar so if you are OK with a subC, this should work for you

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
My wrist is just under 7 inches and it wears fine with the glidelock set at the shortest setting so it maybe a little loose for you.

Though it’s 42mm, it does wear quite small and comfy becos of the rubber strap. Lug-to-lug, I will need to compare it with SubC. I suspect it’s quite similar so if you are OK with a subC, this should work for you

Oh man if you have it set as tight as possible and it fits perfectly for a 7 inch wrist it would be way too big for a 6.5 inch wrist

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I ve bought it from jtime yesterday, i have a 19 mm wrist size and Li sell me even a spare strap in a bigger size for only “ 98$” :(

ootb have the D and F size, correct till 18mm wrist size , over you must buy another one

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I ve bought it from jtime yesterday, i have a 19 mm wrist size and Li sell me even a spare strap in a bigger size for only “ 98$” :(

ootb have the D and F size, correct till 18mm wrist size , over you must buy another one

18mm is like less than an inch!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Wonder if that would fit the 42mm YM... the Arf strap is much more expensive

Good point, I hadn't considered lug size (I work on the basis most Rolex are 20mm), but yes, please check specs before buying!!!

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Sorry, my bad. might be worth checking with your fave TD in case they do 21mm - they're definitely good for the price. I was expecting Gate crap, but they're easily as good as the Noob, maybe better.

Reactions: Mille M

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Sorry, my bad. might be worth checking with your fave TD in case they do 21mm - they're definitely good for the price. I was expecting Gate crap, but they're easily as good as the Noob, maybe better.

What’s your wrist size? I have small wrists (6.25” or roughly 15.5-16cm) as well and have this watch ordered.. I’m guessing I’ll need those straps from Puretime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rockdaytona

GingerBubba

24/10/17
What’s your wrist size? I have small wrists (6.25” or roughly 15.5-16cm) as well and have this watch ordered.. I’m guessing I’ll need those straps from Puretime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same size as you.

I could get my Daytona to fit without the extra parts more or less, but it wasn't sitting in the right place on the wrist. Note the posts above though, those extra straps seem to be the wrong lug size.