• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Yachtmaster 226659 with Asian 3235 Movement

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
Take the timegrapher results with a grain of salt, first of all the watch its not properly wound and a common mistake from td's is that for 3235 movement the angle has to be 59 degrees not 52. 14 s/d still within eta standards. Timegrapher are more to see if the movement is alive and won't really give you problems in the future.

Okay thanks. I will approve the watch then :)

petethai

29/11/20
Yup, I ordered a 126610lv, it's results were 13.3s/d but again, not fully wound and measured at an angle of 52. It should be fine.:)

Let's imagine it is fully wound and is 14.4s/d plus low amplitude rate at 233. Is it correct understood that any watchmaker can fix this very easy??? Sorry if it is a "stupid" question, but I have no idea LOL

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Let's imagine it is fully wound and is 14.4s/d plus low amplitude rate at 233. Is it correct understood that any watchmaker can fix this very easy??? Sorry if it is a "stupid" question, but I have no idea LOL

Yep, a service would fix it. You don't have to worry about it.

Reactions: petethai

Sidhu6355

16/11/18

Yes bro, a simple services is all that it requires. From my experience, the watch when fully wounded should be in the range of±2 to±6 s/d. Even then if it​results over 10s/d, a simple service would get the job done.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Yes bro, a simple services is all that it requires. From my experience, the watch when fully wounded should be in the range of±2 to±6 s/d. Even then if it​results over 10s/d, a simple service would get the job done.

We're talking about reps, mate. -4s/d to +6s/d is within Swiss COSC range. You can't seriously expect that.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
After some time of adjusting the movement I got mine to +2 sec/day!
Which is perfect for a rep movement.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I see my photos were taken down. Photos were fir an approved watch in transit which I thought was ok to share

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
We're talking about reps, mate. -4s/d to +6s/d is within Swiss COSC range. You can't seriously expect that.

All my omegas from vsf run in the range of ±2 to ±6 after a little bit of tweaking, same is the case for Rolex clones.
These big companies makes the common man believe that they are THE SHIT of horology, well, results are in front of you. Even a clone eta 2824 can easily run between ±2 to ±6.

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
All my omegas from vsf run in the range of ±2 to ±6 after a little bit of tweaking, same is the case for Rolex clones.
These big companies makes the common man believe that they are THE SHIT of horology, well, results are in front of you. Even a clone eta 2824 can easily run between ±2 to ±6.

And I bet your watches don't pass COSC criteria. Feel free to prove me wrong, you seem to know well how that test works.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
And I bet your watches don't pass COSC criteria. Feel free to prove me wrong, you seem to know well how that test works.

COSC or not, I like the fact that my watches are ticking and keeping accurate time on par with my gens and that's what matters. Got nothing more to say than that and oh, one more thing, servicing my reps doesn't burn a hole in my pocket like the gens do, so that's a big plus.

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
I honestly couldn't care less if my reps run at -8s/d or +15s/d. Just wanted to point out that worrying too much about those timegrapher shots from QC is utter nonsense. There are quite a few reasons why reps will never run as accurate over all positions and temperatures as a gen. Does it matter? No.

Reactions: stufuse

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I honestly couldn't care less if my reps run at -8s/d or +15s/d. Just wanted to point out that worrying too much about those timegrapher shots from QC is utter nonsense. There are quite a few reasons why reps will never run as accurate over all positions and temperatures as a gen. Does it matter? No.

Totally agree with your point here, stressing over reps would only result in anxiety and all, they are meant to be enjoyed. As I said before, a simple service is all to take care of the movements. The thing is, they should keep ticking.....

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I don't really get it either. If you're into reps, chances are you've got quite a few and are constantly swapping them out - so if your watch losses 20 seconds a day, who cares, you'll probably be wearing a different watch by morning (if not the afternoon).

I guess accuracy becomes an issue if your wear one watch only (or one watch for a long period of time) - which I personally don't.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I am in love with this watch...
Might be my new favourite.

It feels great, it looks great.
I love the bezel, the dial, the hands and date wheel. Love the crystal - amazing black hole effect, for a replica.

The pros:

- excellent build and finishing (really solid watch)
- super clean dial and hands
- good inserts on the dial
- amazing clasp on the bracelet (looks and feels gen, for what I've tried)
- rubber oysterflex is really nice and comfy (I had to put an extra link because it was a bit tight for my wrist, but that's not a defect)
- It has an excellent weight and gives it the impression of being a "premium product" (But it has not the correct gen weight - gen is white gold and this one SS)
- no ticking sounds and normal rotor sound
- The movement works really well and it does always +5s/day no matter the position (very well regulated and adjusted)

The cons:

- The polishing is not at Rolex levels (hard to achieve), and the lugs feel more round than the gen.
- Some days sit lower, on the date wheel, but nothing shocking (the picture below shows a day that sits a little lower - most of the days are well centered)
- There's a lume mismatch between the indexes and hands - hands lume is whiter, and I notice that under some lights. Most of the time the lume appears to be the same color tho...

I don't know if this movement will be durable and precise, but so far so good!
Have a 2 year VSF Omega Planet Ocean that runs like the day I received it. Let's hope this 3235 behaves the same.

Overall, I am amazed with this watch.
I have a gen AirKing and this one is not that bad when compared to it.

I'm not here to fool anyone, but I'm sure I will never be called upon for this watch being a replica.
It's "perfect". A joy to wear and a good looking watch!
And that's what's important.

Really love the watch and I give it a 9 out of 10.
It's NWBIG for me!
Good job VSF.

20201214-162926.jpg

petethai

29/11/20
I am in love with this watch...
Might be my new favourite.

It feels great, it looks great.
I love the bezel, the dial, the hands and date wheel. Love the crystal - amazing black hole effect, for a replica.

The pros:

- excellent build and finishing (really solid watch)
- super clean dial and hands
- good inserts on the dial
- amazing clasp on the bracelet (looks and feels gen, for what I've tried)
- rubber oysterflex is really nice and comfy (I had to put an extra link because it was a bit tight for my wrist, but that's not a defect)
- It has an excellent weight and gives it the impression of being a "premium product" (But it has not the correct gen weight - gen is white gold and this one SS)
- no ticking sounds and normal rotor sound
- The movement works really well and it does always +5s/day no matter the position (very well regulated and adjusted)

The cons:

- The polishing is not at Rolex levels (hard to achieve), and the lugs feel more round than the gen.
- Some days sit lower, on the date wheel, but nothing shocking (the picture below shows a day that sits a little lower - most of the days are well centered)
- There's a lume mismatch between the indexes and hands - hands lume is whiter, and I notice that under some lights. Most of the time the lume appears to be the same color tho...

I don't know if this movement will be durable and precise, but so far so good!
Have a 2 year VSF Omega Planet Ocean that runs like the day I received it. Let's hope this 3235 behaves the same.

Overall, I am amazed with this watch.
I have a gen AirKing and this one is not that bad when compared to it.

I'm not here to fool anyone, but I'm sure I will never be called upon for this watch being a replica.
It's "perfect". A joy to wear and a good looking watch!
And that's what's important.

Really love the watch and I give it a 9 out of 10.
It's NWBIG for me!
Good job VSF.

Can you show a picture of the extra link? I also ordered this and it is on its way. Worried it might not fit my wrist (7,25 inch)

Reactions: Meicmo84