• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman 3186 final sample

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Looks great! But is it just me or are the crown guards a little weird?

ARF GMT CGs are stubbier than all others - Noob, VRF, GMF, etc. They look modeled from the gen 126710 rather than the 116710. I think we are just seeing a slight reflection in that pic that makes the top CG look different.

ZAkYdX.jpg

ZAae7n.jpg

Last edited:

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
have the dial markers been significantly improved? (especially the rectangular ones at 6 and 9)

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
This is the prototype they teased, go back a few pages and see for yourself...

i meant relative to previous ARF releases
it does seem better than on the first prototype teased, but if i'm not mistaken the corners are still quite sharp compared to CF markers on competitors

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Looks great! But is it just me or are the crown guards a little weird?

They actually look quite good (compared to gen below), maybe a little over-polished/rounded edges. Maybe they wanted to avoid buyers complaining about "sharp edges"... ;)

Zm18Bt.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
QC in: those 2s on the black sure look thin but doubt I’ll get better, accept or chance it?

V56BpX.jpg

V565Xy.jpg

V5EDxG.jpg

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Seems like ARF have definitely made better ones, I would chance it.

I have - was looking at a few QCs back where they have the 18 transition almost perfect, whereas mine barely touches the 8. Worth a chance, especially when I have my GMF and Prof crystal to hybrid this with. I'm only really getting this for the bezel, and hands!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fervid

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
cant believe this is an arf bezel...wow
and what about the stickers on the bracelet?? its feels like the genuine ones...
maybe did you find a genuine one bracelet NOS??

ARF have same stickers ;-)

Reactions: federik91

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
QC in: those 2s on the black sure look thin but doubt I’ll get better, accept or chance it?

From your QC pics I'm convinced that this is due to lights. If you look at the last picture where the watch is horizontal, you have the same impression that all numbers in the top half (which includes black and blue numbers) are thinner, and the numbers on the bottom half are bigger.

So to me it shows that it's not related to blue or black numbers, but it's related to whether the numbers are on the top half or the bottom half of the picture, which by definition is independent from the numbers themselves, it's just a question of setup, light and cast shadows.