• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

mariot

22/2/19
PIC HEAVY

I just received my ZZF NoDate V3 3130 today (delivered in a snap by excellent Sead, thank to him!).

this is V2s (clasp code C4R)

78902-B94-7457-4062-8655-80-EEEFD526-F6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc_Savage

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Im sorry to say this. But this is in fact a v2s. Not the newest v3.
Oh clasp code, true... That maybe why the clasp is under expected then.

Oh you know, I'm a simple man, if I see V3 written on a box, then V3 it is LMAO.
Thank you guys for clearing, let me note this in my post so other members are aware of the differences.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Oh clasp code, true... That maybe why the clasp is under expected then.

Oh you know, I'm a simple man, if I see V3 written on a box, then V3 it is LMAO.
Thank you guys for clearing, let me note this in my post so other members are aware of the differences.

What did you order though? Is this a concerning TD failure (with seeming attempts to mislead given the sticker on the coffin) or something else?

Reactions: rockdaytona

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
What did you order though? Is this a concerning TD failure (with seeming attempts to mislead given the sticker on the coffin) or something else?
It's a good question.
Sead did'nt mention the version on his listing. I asked if it was a V3 first, which I did'nt had an answer to (only a "here are QC pics") . But in my QC pics, I received a clear picture with the C4R clasp code showing.
I did'nt realise it was not the right V3 code, and opened a nice box with the V3 sticker you see on my picture, so I found myself miles away from the clasp code thing yesterday.

TD's fault, mine? If I want to be picky I'd say TD, as I never had the answer to my 1rst question in the 1rst place, leading me to blindfully trust I was buying the right version.
But in another hand, I should have realized the clasp code was not right. So who's to blame?

Right now I'm definitely happy with the watch, it all is well made (but the clasp lol) and I can't picture myself returning it (plastics all gone, I waterpfroofed it...). But some may really want to check this clasp code thing on QCs before approval...

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
It's a good question.
Sead did'nt mention the version on his listing. I asked if it was a V3 first, which I did'nt had an answer to (only a "here are QC pics") . But in my QC pics, I received a clear picture with the C4R clasp code showing.
I did'nt realise it was not the right V3 code, and opened a nice box with the V3 sticker you see on my picture, so I found myself miles away from the clasp code thing yesterday.

TD's fault, mine? If I want to be picky I'd say TD, as I never had the answer to my 1rst question in the 1rst place, leading me to blindfully trust I was buying the right version.
But in another hand, I should have realized the clasp code was not right. So who's to blame?

Right now I'm definitely happy with the watch, it all is well made (but the clasp lol) and I can't picture myself returning it (plastics all gone, I waterpfroofed it...). But some may really want to check this clasp code thing on QCs before approval...

If it makes you feel any better there is no v3 with the clone movement, but the v2s is the same watch bar the clasp. Its a very good rep, version number is academic

Last edited:

Swedish Cheese

Horology Curious
23/7/18
If it makes you feel any better there is no v3 with the clone movement, but the v2s is the same watch bar the clasp. Its a very good rep, version number is academic

Wait, really? Jtime is selling a VR3130 v3 on his site with clasp 1LD though.

Substar

16/9/20
This is defo a V2s I’m afraid. Nothing has changed on the watch head, it’s only the bracelet that is new on the V3. Everyone is going on about just a new clasp but the whole bracelet is different on the v3 as the end links now have a different shape/downward angle into the first fixed link too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: masterpiece777

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well thats changed as the one listed first was only the eta clone. Fact remains the watch head hasnt changed from v2s to v3
True, and this head is very good I must say and I'm really happy with it.
Let's be clear, although not improved, the bracelet on my received non-V3 (lol) is very nice still. I'll post more detailed shots of it, so others have a clear view of the differences with the V3 ARF / CF bracelet.

All in all it' s an amazing rep, but the blur around the versions of the watch TDs are selling these days is annoying.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
True, and this head is very good I must say and I'm really happy with it.
Let's be clear, although not improved, the bracelet on my received non-V3 (lol) is very nice still. I'll post more detailed shots of it, so others have a clear view of the differences with the V3 ARF / CF bracelet.

All in all it' s an amazing rep, but the blur around the versions of the watch TDs are selling these days is annoying.

For all who don't know V2S no-date has a different clasp than other prior ZZFs so its kinda one off as all V3's comes with the new ARF one. Clasp shape in my opinion is very good and closer to gen than the V3 ARF one. Though the glidelock on mine slides really really bad but it has metal sliders unlike the prior plastic ones.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
For all who don't know V2S no-date has a different clasp than other prior ZZFs so its kinda one off as all V3's comes with the new ARF one. Clasp shape in my opinion is very good and closer to gen than the V3 ARF one. Though the glidelock on mine slides really really bad but it has metal sliders unlike the prior plastic ones.

Glide lock on my non-V3 (need to stop calling it that, lol) slides good, and locks well too.
Beside that the clasp locks/unlocks well and feels ok, but it could have a better finish for sure though : rough inside corners of the buckle, which fits with a bit of a gap.

Here are outdoor pics of the bracelet and SELs. The brushing is nice, quite refined. The link's sides are nicelily mirror polished and their angles are much smoother than the precendent versions.
SELs look good to me :

And here is an overall pic indoor. The insert's sputter coating looks really nice, even in dimmer light. Side by side pics like this with VSF, wich seems to have a brighter coating, will be interesting.
IMO the whole ZZF watch looks quite stunning :

Last edited:

Agnostic

Known Member
17/12/19
You good? It for sure is better than all arfs !

:shameonyou:

ARF has much better hands (edges are beveled), ceramic bezel insert (marker edges are beveled), better dial indices (thin rim), better SEL fit (slightly recessed), better quality overall