• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
The comparison of the gen hands with the rep hands really show the difference. I'd pick the ARF hands down out of the rep hands. The minute hand still looks a hair too thick in macros. The inside border corners are also rounded on the ARF hands, which the ZZF and VRF seem to get right. If it wasn't for the dimensions of the borders being way too thick on ZZF/VRF.
Are the Gen hands rounded slighty from side to side?? The shine on them creates the appearance that they are slightly curved.
ARF definitely has the best hour hand, but the minute hand could use a little work imo.

mariot

22/2/19
VSF has better quality rehaut engraving but the first R at the one minute tic is crooked. VSF bottom rehaut smooth step is taller, more like gen.

The CG's are different on the RXF from the VSF because of the movements. The RXF has more symmetrical CGs top to bottom, and the outside edges are angled in nicely like the gen. The crown sits a little lower which allows for the greater top to bottom symmetry.

Z2UQzY.jpg

The VSF crown sits higher so the the tops of the CGs are more open. The means they can't be as symmetrical top to bottom. They are also angled nicely on the outer edges like the gen.

ZZF is like the VSF in top to bottom shape, but lacks the outer edges being angled inward so is not gen-like in that respect.

thnx for your answer, so... crystal, date wheel, dial, insert, bracelet, glidelock are the same?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thnx for your answer, so... crystal, date wheel, dial, insert, bracelet, glidelock are the same?

Datewheels cannot be the same, one is a 3135 DW, the other is a 2824 DWO, but they are pretty similar. The dial date window is slightly narrower on the 2824 dial, otherwise similar. Its likely the insert, bracelet and clasp are identical.

Reactions: mariot

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
But but but gens have fat datewheels too!!!! Whatever.....????

d6aaa3f97f38047d428900ac454ad5d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ineedhelpnow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/17
Received my vsf and wanna put up some pictures for the folks here but clickpix is messing up the rotation of the photos. It seems fine on my phone and it is upright but when it goes into clickpix it gets messed up. Any solution?

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Hey guys sorry I know it’s a vsf thread but I asked PureTime they suggest zf as the best over zzf and vsf. I haven’t seen much on zf comparisons doesn’t seem to even be part of the competition between zzf and vsf. Why’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Hey guys sorry I know it’s a vsf thread but I asked PureTime they suggest zf as the best over zzf and vsf. I haven’t seen much on zf comparisons doesn’t seem to even be part of the competition between zzf and vsf. Why’s that?

Because no one has one yet. The first qcs came yesterday so deliveries will be happening from about 2 weeks onwards. Very hard to count it in conversation of the top dogs till some in hand comparisons are done

Reactions: JumpiterT

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Because no one has one yet. The first qcs came yesterday so deliveries will be happening from about 2 weeks onwards. Very hard to count it in conversation of the top dogs till some in hand comparisons are done

Right thanks ! Didn’t know zf was so new. Interesting.

Also sorry about the repeat post my Tapatalk crashed.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Received my vsf and wanna put up some pictures for the folks here but clickpix is messing up the rotation of the photos. It seems fine on my phone and it is upright but when it goes into clickpix it gets messed up. Any solution?

Same here. On iPhone, the solution is to open the photo, click on 'edit' in the top right, hit the 'magic wand' auto icon under the photo (or change any of the parameters next to it such as 'exposure' etc, then click 'done', then upload to chixwithdixs (or whatever is called).

Reactions: d3s19n

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Same here. On iPhone, the solution is to open the photo, click on 'edit' in the top right, hit the 'magic wand' auto icon under the photo (or change any of the parameters next to it such as 'exposure' etc, then click 'done', then upload to chixwithdixs (or whatever is called).

Try using Chrome/any browser and then desktop version. I uploaded my pictures like that without a problem.

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20

I get that all the time. But it get sorted once you hit ‘post reply’. It just looks messed up on clickpix. If you’re still hesitant, click ‘preview’ and it should be righted.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Just for comparison

Z2Uz6L.jpg

Z2eJtc.jpg

It’s strange I’ve totally disregarded ARF hands due to the lume issue. The ZZF hands do look really nice and didn’t look off to me. As you’ve pointed out they still aren’t quite right. [mention]botsyboy [/mention] compared them with his Gen hands a while back they looked closer than they do here in these pics. I’ve noticed The triangle on the ARF Mercedes Hand is larger than Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ineedhelpnow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/17

Thanks Daytonamania, you're right. Just go ahead it will sort itself out.

Anyway here is the VSF one day old on my wrist. Took it out for a spin. Date looks good, cyclops looks banging. Feels a little light compared to my zzf v2s hulk previously not sure why maybe just delusional or overthinking. Enjoy!