• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

CJS57

7/9/20
New VSF Sub Rehaut. Notice the Rolex crown symbol on the rehaut at the 12 o'clock minute marker and ROLEX lettter's alignment to the minute markers. I thought this example is off too much!

CJS57

7/9/20
I think I was too picky. Andrew looked and said all of the stock looked like this one above.

ABezzy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/19
I saw this in a pic yesterday here:

It seems that in dull daylight it really shows up.

That said the vsf dial lume texture and colour I think will match Gen hands really well.

Mines being delivered today, I’ll get some photos too.

607c35c6f4e0a392fc3bea090dd17d6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were my pictures, and man this watch is really good OOTB!

edeneng

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
I just got my VSF 116610LN and while it looks good, I have some queries about the VS3135 movement, particularly the winding. I have a ZZF v2 with VR3135 movement and when you wind it, it has a mechanical clicking sound. However, that sound is not present (or rather very very soft) in the VSF's VS3135 winding action. Also in the ZZF VR3135, I can feel the mechanical click when you wind it but that is also not distinct in the VSF VS3135, it is very smooth and faint. Is this normal for all VS3135 and which one is it closer to the Gen as I have no point of reference personally.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I just got my VSF 116610LN and while it looks good, I have some queries about the VS3135 movement, particularly the winding. I have a ZZF v2 with VR3135 movement and when you wind it, it has a mechanical clicking sound. However, that sound is not present (or rather very very soft) in the VSF's VS3135 winding action. Also in the ZZF VR3135, I can feel the mechanical click when you wind it but that is also not distinct in the VSF VS3135, it is very smooth and faint. Is this normal for all VS3135 and which one is it closer to the Gen as I have no point of reference personally.

Yes, it is closer to gen.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
They both look amazing.
The VSF insert is clearly whiter at dim light (closer to gen), but that zzf looks also really good.

How about the feeling (weight and bracelet)?
Wich one do you prefer?

I wanted to wait for the no date VSF, but the ZZF v2S looks already amazing....

Reactions: Lawny

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
As much as I love my VSF I must admit ZZF have better hands. @stufuse Great comparison pics btw very much appreciated thank you

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
So, as others have reported the VSF winding is lovely unlike any rep clone I’ve had, more akin to a serviced 3135. Unscrewing the crown and making adjustments adjustments is nice. My zzf is a little Gritty in all aspects.

Dials are the same for all intents and purposes indentation around the hands is same, print looks the same on close inspection (raised and consistency wise), especially with the new X flaw fixed on the zzf.

Lume plots are almost identical. You wouldn’t pic one over the other. The lume texture looks a tad better on Vsf

Hands are miles better on the ZZF, they actually used to be a bit like the VSF before the v2s models. VSF hand lume is different colour to the dial lume.

Case, they are almost identical apart from the CGs on the zzf.

Bezel teeth, again almost the same. Ones got a tiny bit deeper scallop.

Insert are almost same, filling is a little nicer on the VSF. But they aren’t night and day different in hand or in low light

Bezel action is nicer on the VSF

Crystals sit the same height
About the same clarity

Weight and bracelet feel the same, I think brushing may be a tad more refined on the VSF but might be down to a particular piece difference. You have to scrutinise this.

Clasp is nicer to open and close on Vsf I can’t comment on anything else (coronet etc)

If I had to buy a 116610LN I’d buy the ZZF still

Better DW / better hands everything else is pretty much the same except for the CGs.

Cheers

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
One I forgot
1f36661bcef373365217717cb317db7f.jpg

Great comparisons and reviews, thank you, both protagonists are very close.
Definitely in need for a VSF NoDate to kick the competition up even more.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Some sunlight pics and more coming later.
d26d919a407b70ef3e39db72647b68ac.jpg

f9f68957018e5ba2987feac69e978c44.jpg

a5ee5fc442adfdedab8445b8f3f1b242.jpg

Bro these pics are sick the vsf is the new v6s of this era.and it's only v1 jeeez. As I said in my brief pictorial review this is the best sub for sure at the moment its fire

Last edited:
Reactions: beanvatan and Tete

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Bro these pics are sick the vsf is the new v6s of this era.and it's only v1 jeeez. As I said in my brief pictorial review this is the best sub for sure at the moment its fire

Subjective, it’s very nice in
Any aspect and not in others. like them all haha

Reactions: Kayatsu1

fuzzmex

2/9/17
More PicS

Although I've learned quite a bit about this particular Submariner since following this thread, I still consider my eyes to be very untrained on the matter at hand here.
But just looking at the two watches from a visual quality perspective, it seems to me that the VSF is the winner here.
The clasp coronet, the brushing, the bezel insert print; the finishing of it all just looks cleaner and crisper to me.

I would personally wary of any clone movement, having had a bad experience with VSF's Omega clone.
So I wonder if the RXF version is the same watch with an Asian ETA instead of the 3135 clone movement?
Either way, I'm beginning to lust after one, something I would never ever have thought...

Thanks stufuse and thx to all you Rolex affecionados for making this such a fun thread to read.

Reactions: stufuse

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Subjective, it’s very nice in
Any aspect and not in others. like them all haha

I agree, it's subjective and although very good it has it's own weak points. Also, the new ZZF v3 will probably have an ARF bracelet and will beat VSF also in that regard. Not a ZZF fanboy but they are much closer than expected and hands make a very noticeable difference (at least for me) and I would prefer those beautiful hands at the cost of having that CGs flaw. Both are on similar levels and it makes more sense to buy the VSF in absolute terms (otherwise OOTB is matter of preference) only in case of modding, since VSF seems to be the better base.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I agree, it's subjective and although very good it has it's own weak points. Also, the new ZZF v3 will probably have an ARF bracelet and will beat VSF also in that regard. Not a ZZF fanboy but they are much closer than expected and hands make a very noticeable difference (at least for me) and I would prefer those beautiful hands at the cost of having that CGs flaw. Both are on similar levels and it makes more sense to buy the VSF in absolute terms (otherwise OOTB is matter of preference) only in case of modding, since VSF seems to be the better base.

I agree, I’m very I’m Fond of the VSF and what a V1 it is at the price point. Looking at the bezel, insert, dial, case, Superb! But I couldn’t own it without modding the current hands and DW.
I don’t really want to do that, so I’ll probably sell it M2m.

Before I do maybe I should order the ZF and the ZZFV3?

As I said before I can live with the CGs, I’d pick the v3 116610 zzf to wear out the box. Just my opinion some Things matter more to others than they do to me that’s why there will never be a true consensus.

Reactions: Kayatsu1