• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I agree, it's subjective and although very good it has it's own weak points. Also, the new ZZF v3 will probably have an ARF bracelet and will beat VSF also in that regard. Not a ZZF fanboy but they are much closer than expected and hands make a very noticeable difference (at least for me) and I would prefer those beautiful hands at the cost of having that CGs flaw. Both are on similar levels and it makes more sense to buy the VSF in absolute terms (otherwise OOTB is matter of preference) only in case of modding, since VSF seems to be the better base.

It all comes down to personal preference now. Does one prefer the better crystal on the VSF 116610 to the ZZF 116610 (I would) or are the hands/CG/rehaut/whatever more of an issue? The ZZF no date still looks great so for me I'd go ZZF no date, VSF date, Hulk tbc.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It all comes down to personal preference now. Does one prefer the better crystal on the VSF 116610 to the ZZF 116610 (I would) or are the hands/CG/rehaut/whatever more of an issue? The ZZF no date still looks great so for me I'd go ZZF no date, VSF date, Hulk tbc.

Need to see the new crystal on the v3 ZZF as it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kayatsu1

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Need to see the new crystal on the v3 ZZF as it goes

Hands and dw are an easy fix. Cw and case not, I personally would rather go for the vsf and as far I know the zzf only has arf clasp but once the zzf v3 start appearing in the wild we will see. Im pretty sure the vsf will be better than the zzf but we will see.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Darksiderkills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
Would it be possible to get matching lume on the dial and hands if i change the vsf hands to gen?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Would it be possible to get matching lume on the dial and hands if i change the vsf hands to gen?

I think they may match quite well but you can’t know unless you have them there with you.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Hands and dw are an easy fix. Cw and case not, I personally would rather go for the vsf and as far I know the zzf only has arf clasp but once the zzf v3 start appearing in the wild we will see. Im pretty sure the vsf will be better than the zzf but we will see.

How do you define easy??

I can get a modder like adrian to re-shape the crown guards on the ZZF. No new parts required.

I’d think the cost of buying gen hands and DW without the the install would be twice as much as a bit of case work on the CGs You could maybe swap the zzf hands and DW into the vsf but it’s much of a muchness.

If you don’t want to mod at all, which was my point then Zzf v3 date

When/if VSF change the hands and DW it would no doubt be the best sub we’ve had at a very reasonable price point and I’d snap it up.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZZF hands are slightly better than VSF but not worth swapping in IMO. Neither is close enough to gen if you really want an improvement. The gen borders are noticeably thinner, making the lume plots larger. ARF hands are what is needed, though a relume will likely be required.

Z2eJtc.jpg

https://www.bobswatches.com/submariner-date-116610-rolex.html

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Do you know a modder that can relume?

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
ZZF hands are slightly better than VSF but not worth swapping in IMO. Neither is close enough to gen if you really want an improvement. The gen borders are noticeably thinner, making the lume plots larger. ARF hands are what is needed, though a relume will likely be required.

Z2eJtc.jpg

https://www.bobswatches.com/submarin...610-rolex.html

But ARF hands do not fit on 3135 movement, is this correct?

Last edited:

mariot

22/2/19
VSF vr3135 vs RXF 2824. different mechanisms only?
what other differences do they have?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

There's a dedicated thread about it by trusty. You can google vsf 3135 and you will find what you're looking for. As for the difference between rxf and vsf, check the first page of this thread.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

VSF has better quality rehaut engraving but the first R at the one minute tic is crooked. VSF bottom rehaut smooth step is taller, more like gen.

The CG's are different on the RXF from the VSF because of the movements. The RXF has more symmetrical CGs top to bottom, and the outside edges are angled in nicely like the gen. The crown sits a little lower which allows for the greater top to bottom symmetry.

Z2UQzY.jpg

The VSF crown sits higher so the the tops of the CGs are more open. The means they can't be as symmetrical top to bottom. They are also angled nicely on the outer edges like the gen.

ZZF is like the VSF in top to bottom shape, but lacks the outer edges being angled inward so is not gen-like in that respect.

Last edited: