• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Question - is VSF hulk ootb is also that close to gen, as this amazing black version ?

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Oh, i thought they released both green and black at the same time. Thanks for answer anyways!

This thread would be flooded with Hulks, if so! :D
I'm waiting for the No Date and the Hulk.
If they're as good as this first release, I'll buy both and later, maybe, a bluesy...

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Just received mine and honestly I can say the watch is amazing. Bezel insert and crystal is for sure one of the best I have seen so far. Bezel action is so satisfying. Bracelet feel on point. For a v1 and at this price point vsf really knocked out of the park. Will take tomorrow some more pictures with my proper macro lens. Can't wait to see the other vsf sub and yachmaster releases.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

Just received mine and honestly I can say the watch is amazing. Bezel insert and crystal is for sure one of the best I have seen so far. Bezel action is so satisfying. Bracelet feel on point. For a v1 and at this price point vsf really knocked out of the park. Will take tomorrow some more pictures with my proper macro lens. Can't wait to see the other vsf sub and yachmaster releases.

Have you got any other subs? The most important test is real life comparison

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
So to anyone interested here's an updated after receiving the dreaded "contact DHL" in Erlanger, KY (where there is a customs and border patrol) and my TD telling me it's likely detained and sending new QCs: I called DHL and they said it was detained in customs and then released and is on track to be delivered tomorrow. Something weird is usually I get a DHL text where I can have it sent to the service point for pick up but not only did that not come, the DHL rep told me I couldn't select that option and needed to be at the house ready to sign and receive it. Maybe it will be an empty package or a letter instead? I hope not. What would you guys do? ignore the delivery guy like you would ignore a customs letter? Thanks guys

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So to anyone interested here's an updated after receiving the dreaded "contact DHL" in Erlanger, KY (where there is a customs and border patrol) and my TD telling me it's likely detained and sending new QCs: I called DHL and they said it was detained in customs and then released and is on track to be delivered tomorrow. Something weird is usually I get a DHL text where I can have it sent to the service point for pick up but not only did that not come, the DHL rep told me I couldn't select that option and needed to be at the house ready to sign and receive it. Maybe it will be an empty package or a letter instead? I hope not. What would you guys do? ignore the delivery guy like you would ignore a customs letter? Thanks guys

Hmm that's a new one on me. I don't think DHL would play games sending an empty package, and the letter would not come from DHL but from Customs. I can't see DHL or Customs being involved in hand delivering a letter. Customs has 30 days to issue the letter so they would not be in any rush over a single fake watch. It is strange that you were told it was detained and then released by Customs but it may have just been detained because of origin source and the key takeaway is 'Released'. Customs either confiscates a package or releases it. I think I would accept delivery.

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18

I hope the FBI and homeland security is not coming, too.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] fair points! Yeah I figure they already have my address and bureaucracy takes longer so they wouldn’t rush the process. Thanks for the support.

I just wonder about signing for the package if it is some admittance of guilt or way to have visual confirmation of my house or face.. good thing I will be wearing a Covid mask

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I think customs thinks it is real and they’ll make me pay duties which could be 3–4 times the rep cost!

Tete

4/11/16
my watches had always been sent to Spain with DHL and within about 5 days. Mirotime told me that DHL was not a good option right now and it was safer at the moment to send by 4px, I did not know it and I think it is slow. I hope it takes no more than 30 days. Anyone have experience with 4px to Europe?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
VSF came in yesterday and already on my first draft of my mini review. Should be concise, sweet and full of photos!
b54e41079a5dc01dd79a5c3eef6de836.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The hands don’t look as bad here kenny lad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Tete

4/11/16
I think customs thinks it is real and they’ll make me pay duties which could be 3–4 times the rep cost!

friend do not worry, I have read in other threads and other forums that sometimes it happens but in the end the package arrives.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
One thing I did notice under natural light is the lume on the hands are slightly white where as the lume on the dial is more creamy coloured. Not really noticeably unless your looking for it. I’ve had this watch a few days now and only just noticed it lol. I tried to capture it in this pic but I think the video above shows it better.

I saw this in a pic yesterday here:

It seems that in dull daylight it really shows up.

That said the vsf dial lume texture and colour I think will match Gen hands really well.

Mines being delivered today, I’ll get some photos too.

607c35c6f4e0a392fc3bea090dd17d6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lawny and Tete

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
my watches had always been sent to Spain with DHL and within about 5 days. Mirotime told me that DHL was not a good option right now and it was safer at the moment to send by 4px, I did not know it and I think it is slow. I hope it takes no more than 30 days. Anyone have experience with 4px to Europe?

My vsf sub took 14 days with 4px to the UK. A couple of months ago I had another watch arrive in 7 days with 4px. I think there pretty good.

Reactions: saucin and Tete

Tete

4/11/16
My vsf sub took 14 days with 4px to the UK. A couple of months ago I had another watch arrive in 7 days with 4px. I think there pretty good.

Thanks friend, that is very good news, because like me there are more people worried since we did not know 4px.

Reactions: Lawny