• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
How frequently is this list updated? I see 30 March 2020 at the beginning of the topic, has there been any refresh since?

At the bottom of the original post you'll see when it was last edited by Omagad, who is the OP.
As for how frequently he updates it, that all depends on whether he has nothing better to do instead, I suppose.

It's updated regularly. It's just the forum has an error with editing, with tags and quotes etc. Omega is keeping the list up-to-date by making posts on here. And as soon as the forum is fixed it will be updated fully.

Reactions: Omagad

J3DD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/20
MB, Canada
How frequently is this list updated? I see 30 March 2020 at the beginning of the topic, has there been any refresh since?

Fairly often. Here's the latest addition as of 2020-08-30

REMEMBER; EDIT LIST once the editing bug will be fixed:

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF will be added to Super Reps
Breitiling Navitimer 1 by V7 Factory will be added to Likely Super Reps
Cartier W5200025 ZF will be added to Likely Super Reps
Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2019 Real Ceramic Case VSF will be specified "V1 Only"
Rolex Yacht-Master Rhodium/Blue Noob 904L Steel SA3135 will be updated to "..."/VR3135 (blue isn't about the watch, but the hands of the rhodium one, so I'll remove "blue" for it not to be mistaken)

Reactions: XLR8R

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
If you are after a datejust or day date, and you want a “Super rep” there really is only one choice.

first forget the term super rep. All the reps has tells, without exception. I would also forget any rep that’s supposed to be gold, it will never have the weight of the original and that for me is an instant tell.

that leaves you with your only option, a datejust. The best 41mm datejust at the moment is a steal 126334 from ARF. It looks good out the box, but if you really want a super rep, I would suggest changing the date wheel and crystal to gen.

with those modifications you will be looking at around 1200-1500 usd total. So it’s up to you, get the watch first, and if you can live with the flaws great, if not, mod it :)

For a TD, I would suggest Li form Jtime or PureTime

Thanks for an awesome answer!

Oski777

25/11/17
Fairly often. Here's the latest addition as of 2020-08-30

Thank you! Although, I still need to understand how the modeling description is working...For example Seamaster 300m 2019 VSF is mentioned, although there exists a lot of version...is the blue rubber strap also considered in the model listing, for example?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thank you! Although, I still need to understand how the modeling description is working...For example Seamaster 300m 2019 VSF is mentioned, although there exists a lot of version...is the blue rubber strap also considered in the model listing, for example?

The "Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2019 Real Ceramic Case VSF" only has one version. It is black 43.5mm and has a ceramic case.
The normal seamaster 300 is the 2018 and is listed under "first class NWBIG".
Black is your safest choice but the blue is very good as well.
The rubber of the VSF models is very close to gen.

bendo28

Looking Around
6/9/20
New guy here. Being that I'm Just getting into this game This post is incredibly helpful. Thanks for creating this!

Reactions: Omagad

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Hello together,

regarding the entry of the Rolex Ref. 214270 it is listed that the JF V2 is the one to source, however besides JF (which I only found on chazingtime), there are several more factories (Noob, ARF, GMF, UBF, BP) that have added 214270 to their portfolio in the last 2 years.

Is the JF still the one to source or does anyone have knowledge about any of these other factories having a better product in the light of 2020?

sazz60

Looking Around
15/7/20
Tudor Heritage Ranger (S Factory and V6F) is very sadly out of stock on all sites! Looks like it's out of production :(

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Hello together,

regarding the entry of the Rolex Ref. 214270 it is listed that the JF V2 is the one to source, however besides JF (which I only found on chazingtime), there are several more factories (Noob, ARF, GMF, UBF, BP) that have added 214270 to their portfolio in the last 2 years.

Is the JF still the one to source or does anyone have knowledge about any of these other factories having a better product in the light of 2020?

The JF (Now called ARF) Exp1 has a few visible flaws, the most noticeable is the incorrect 3. BP’s Exp1 is the current better option imo and a little cheaper too. Great dial, good finishing and bracelet for the money. The JF (ARF) option has a better overall finish but it’s marginal and for me the flawed ‘3’ was something I couldn’t live with.

Reactions: TheController

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
when are we addding the new ZF hulk to this list ;)

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
There is a poll regarding the ARF Datejust 41 to decide if it’s a Super Rep or not. That’s for the V2. I hear the major issue has been the DW. Any opinions on here regarding the recently released, and largely back-ordered, V3?

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
There is a poll regarding the ARF Datejust 41 to decide if it’s a Super Rep or not. That’s for the V2. I hear the major issue has been the DW. Any opinions on here regarding the recently released, and largely back-ordered, V3?

they only added the crown at 6 o'clock, except that the v2 and v3 are identical if I'm correct

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
There's no on-hand reviews yet...
giphy.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Want to echo the thanks to Omagad and contributors of this list, the time and effort gone into this, is really appreciated, it's helped point me in the right direction for my first purchase, I hope to contribute as I start learning more about this fascinating hobby.

One question I have is does the Rolex Daytona 116500 really constitute 'First Class NWBIG'? Having gone through the main threads and the photos etc, it's pretty obvious once you know what you're looking for, how to spot a rep.

The subdial printing is probably the biggest tell, it's not solid and a bit 'vague', whereas the gen is sharp and crisp, similar story to the text below the crown. The crown has no depth compared to the gorgeous three dimensional gen, and how it reflects the light. The red 'DAYTONA' is also printed too high (although granted this is harder to see at distance). Also bezel is not the best on the Noob.

I'm pretty confident I could spot at least some of these flaws on a Noob V3 on someone's wrist if they allow me at reading distance without needing a side by side gen.

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19

At least not until it is verified with hands-on reviews, and possibly comparative reviews against other very good 116610LV/LN contenders from ZZF, ARF (upcoming v4), and VSF (new release).
Cannot comprehend calling a un-reviewed model NWBIG!!

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi