• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
Is it possible to buy only the ZF strap? Can you adress me to a TD selling it? Thanks in advance!

You can try contacting a few of the TDs on the list, but the prices with the clasp being quoted with are in the ballpark of around $88 FYI. Most TDs are not interested in selling just the straps, and they were honest why - there is not much profit in it for them. Plus the shipping makes it not worthwhile. Unless you are making an order with other pieces, ordering a single strap is not worth it IMHO.

Burbizia

29/8/20
You can try contacting a few of the TDs on the list, but the prices with the clasp being quoted with are in the ballpark of around $88 FYI. Most TDs are not interested in selling just the straps, and they were honest why - there is not much profit in it for them. Plus the shipping makes it not worthwhile. Unless you are making an order with other pieces, ordering a single strap is not worth it IMHO.

thanks a lot!

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
I wonder why 3KF's watches are substantially more costly than those of other factories.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I received my 3KF on steel bracelet + ZF rubber strap like a week ago after waiting 1 month for QC pictures.
I ordered steel bracelet version because I wanted to be sure there are no gold engravings, even when today also rubber version comes without gold engravings.

I am a noob and no watch smith but it was easy to put the ZF strap on the 3KF watch. I used a needle for the pins and a good knife to cut the rubber strap.

The watch feels incredible. Super flat and comfortable, you almost don‘t notice it on the wrist.
Movement keeps time perfectly, like +2 sec/day.
The rotor sound is exactly like gen. Noisy but that‘s how gens sound aswell.

3KF has fixed the bezel. It is not too fat anymore. So there is no reason anymore to buy ZF watch and put 3KF dial into it.

Yes the date font is a little bit too thin but I don‘t care. Nobody will notice. For me personally it looks even better with this thin date font. I don‘t like bold fonts on luxurious watches like this.

The only thing I will probably mod is the second hand pinion. On gen it is white.
On this 3KF the second hand itself is white, but the small pinion that holds the second hand is metal color and not painted.
To notice it you really have to be close to the watch so nobody will notice it immediately but putting a little bit of white paint is no difficult mod so I will ask a watch smith to do it for me.

It is my first Patek replica and I had lots of other reps before like ZZF, Noob, ARF. But this 3KF Aquanaut really is a stunning piece.

GOOD JOB 3K FACTORY!!!! :D

Some pictures in sunlight with beautiful sunburst.
Click on the picture for high resolution!

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I received my 3KF on steel bracelet + ZF rubber strap like a week ago after waiting 1 month for QC pictures.
I ordered steel bracelet version because I wanted to be sure there are no gold engravings, even when today also rubber version comes without gold engravings.

I am a noob and no watch smith but it was easy to put the ZF strap on the 3KF watch. I used a needle for the pins and a good knife to cut the rubber strap.

The watch feels incredible. Super flat and comfortable, you almost don‘t notice it on the wrist.

3KF has fixed the bezel. It is not too fat anymore. So there is no reason anymore to buy ZF watch and put 3KF dial into it.

Yes the date font is a little bit too thin but I don‘t care. Nobody will notice. For me personally it looks even better with this thin date font. I don‘t like bold fonts on luxurious watches like this.

The only thing I will probably mod is the second hand pinion. On gen it is white.
On this 3KF the second hand itself is white, but the small pinion that holds the second hand is metal color and not painted.
To notice it you really have to be close to the watch so nobody will notice it immediately but putting a little bit of white paint is no difficult mod so I will ask a watch smith to do it for me.

It is my first Patek replica and I had lots of other reps before like ZZF, Noob, ARF. But this 3KF Aquanaut really is a stunning piece.

Nice pics mate, did you not find the small pins on the ZF strap are more narrow than the small holes on the case of the 3kF? Or was it a straight fit?

LowKeyNovice

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/20
Nice pics mate, did you not find the small pins on the ZF strap are more narrow than the small holes on the case of the 3kF? Or was it a straight fit?

I also have a recent purchase. I had the everest spring bars ready and waiting. They didn't fit despite my forcing one into the ZF strap. I gave up and used the spring bar from the original steel strap just to be able to put it on my wrist for the first time, and discovered it was a perfect fit! could've skipped the hour long struggle getting the everest bar into the ZF strap.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany

It was a straight fit in my case. I didn‘t change any pins and also didn‘t try to use the pins from the 3KF steel bracelet because the ZF pins that came with the rubber strap clipped in immediately and the strap is attached nice and strong to the case. I also can‘t see a significant gap that some people mentioned. I see no reason to use other pins to be honest. :)

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Has anyone ordered the watch recently, curious to find out how long is the QC pics taking?

vilows

Horology Curious
20/7/20
Hey Sroque,

It depends, which TD did you use?

I ordered one 10 days ago via Trusty, initially they send me QC pics right away. Sadly the logo did not look centered and this example had markers on the lugs.
When asked for a new example without the markers they contacted the factory. After a week I got a new mail from andrew with the message that in the current batch all the watches have gold markers on the lugs. As I quote "Factory says the current stocks all come with markings on the lugs"

I got new QC pics which I accepted (see screenshot below). I'm also not the sure the bezel is thinner as mentioned in the post above (beautiful pictures btw!).

https://imgur.com/a/haHGCpS
haHGCpS

I guess it just takes some time to get a reaction from the factory, same as it would take some time to get some new examples from the factory when there is no supply on hand.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hey Sroque,

It depends, which TD did you use?

I ordered one 10 days ago via Trusty, initially they send me QC pics right away. Sadly the logo did not look centered and this example had markers on the lugs.
When asked for a new example without the markers they contacted the factory. After a week I got a new mail from andrew with the message that in the current batch all the watches have gold markers on the lugs. As I quote "Factory says the current stocks all come with markings on the lugs"

I got new QC pics which I accepted (see screenshot below). I'm also not the sure the bezel is thinner as mentioned in the post above (beautiful pictures btw!).

https://imgur.com/a/haHGCpS
haHGCpS

I guess it just takes some time to get a reaction from the factory, same as it would take some time to get some new examples from the factory when there is no supply on hand.

Thanks vilows . Your new QC looks pretty good.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Nice, what do you think about the AR, do you think it could benefit from a 2 AR mod please ? chhers

AhHuat

15/8/20
Anyone has issued with 3k ?I got it 2 months ago.now after 30 winds in the morning ,it will stop in the night.started with extra 4mins faster every 24 hours ..guess my bad luck

hahamen

13/2/18
Anyone has issued with 3k ?I got it 2 months ago.now after 30 winds in the morning ,it will stop in the night.started with extra 4mins faster every 24 hours ..guess my bad luck

Ah huat bak coffee~ Joke aside, I have my 3K since march this year, no issue at all for me, still keeping good time

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10

Actually, I think that the second hand pinion was metallic on the previous versions. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJQsWvTm78

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Can anyone else confirm the 3KF recent improvements on the previously chunky bezel? Only thing that has been putting me off is the chunkier bezel

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Can anyone else confirm the 3KF recent improvements on the previously chunky bezel? Only thing that has been putting me off is the chunkier bezel

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

It appears they have. On page 54 a member posted a more recent order and I compared mine from February. The date font looks ever so slightly more bold and the bezel does look subtlety slimmer. The bezel could be modded afterwards to slim it down too

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8690478-3k-aquanaut-review/page54

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK