• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Just got my QCs for the 3KF, it looks like they fixed/added "swiss made" on the dial.

First i thought its a ZF, but TD reassured me its 3KF and i'm now pretty confident it is (line stops at 5, different lume, same serial like on TDs site etc.)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Stark difference between colour of the hands and colour of the hour markers. Distracting

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Just got my QCs for the 3KF, it looks like they fixed/added "swiss made" on the dial.

First i thought its a ZF, but TD reassured me its 3KF and i'm now pretty confident it is (line stops at 5, different lume, same serial like on TDs site etc.)

the lume looks horrible compare to my version of 3kf the very first one got it like a month after 3kf come in to the market with this model with no Swiss made and with the printed movement.

armament_9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/21
Bkk
If anyone has any particular questions about the watch , or would like to see more photos of particular parts of the watch, I will be happy to oblige.
Very nice review. I am very curious that are 3k 5167a and 5711a the same movement including all specs diameter and thickness?
thank you

Mathisbou155

Known Member
5/6/19
Do you know why there are some that have marked Swiss made on the dial and others where there is nothing marked. Also i received my qc and my watch has 250 amplitude, isn't that a good sign?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
the modern gen watch has no swiss made print on the dial however therer are older gen versions which do have said print - at least thats what i read on one of the 71 past pages in this thread.
my guess is that the factories "fixed" the first batch dials and went a step ahead.

regarding amplitude:

The amplitude of a modern watch should be between 275 and 315 degrees.
In a vintage watch, an amplitude between 250 and 300 degrees is fine.

if in dount check with your local watchmaker/modder

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
the modern gen watch has no swiss made print on the dial however therer are older gen versions which do have said print - at least thats what i read on one of the 71 past pages in this thread.
my guess is that the factories "fixed" the first batch dials and went a step ahead.

regarding amplitude:

if in dount check with your local watchmaker/modder

I believe it's the other way around. Older gen has no "Swiss Made" (2009), newer does (2020+).... can browse chrono24 to confirm.

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
Here's a few more photos which weren't ready yesterday

Look at the movement photo See the way the chatons are polished and the anglage on every plate edge The quality of the jewels and the accurate positioning We don't commonly see this in Rep movements Like the Noob 4130 I think this movement will prove very solid. I repeat I am so glad some idiot didn't take an engraving tool to it post production then pass nothing more than a cloth over it leaving metal everywhere it shouldn't be .

49638768117_ff67590339_o.jpg

49638766012_f28cc0ddb9_o.jpg

49638769332_62d6f99793_o.jpg

looks absolutely stunning. Checking with TT if it's still available...hard to know with all the closures. But seems like a perfect alternative to the now discontinued Nautilus.

jacDalsz

Horology Curious
29/7/20
Hi guys, one question to those who have the 3kf v1/2 clone movement.
is it normal that the second hand jumps 3-4 seconds, when you adjust the time for,-backwards?
or is my movement broken?
The watch have been serviced by an user here, and as I received the watch I saw that issue at first. But he told me it’s normal, that the hand jumps for and backwards while adjusting the time

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
is it normal that the second hand jumps 3-4 seconds, when you adjust the time for,-backwards?
The watch have been serviced by an user here, and as I received the watch I saw that issue at first. But he told me it’s normal, that the hand jumps for and backwards while adjusting the time

Yeap it’s normal, gen movement also like that

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I have not studied this specific characteristic of movement in detail so I cannot say if it’s normal for sure.

One tip for you is try not to set the time backwards. If you realize, the gears naturally only need to move in one direction during normal operation of keeping time. It is never a chore to set the time only forward. I have done this for all my gens. Never once have I set the time on any of my watches backward. So other than making it a habit to quickset the date when only hands are at 6:30 position, try to move the hands in a clockwise direction only.
Theoretically, even though the gears can turn back and forth, turning the gears backward can sometimes affect the durability of the gears. Take it that the gears are allowed to turn backward to allow for that small slip if someone sets the time backward by mistake, rather than allowing for the habit of setting hands backward regularly as a habit.
Try to move the hands in a forward direction as much as possible. It is 100% possible not to set the hands backward at all. It is not a good habit to practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure