• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Factory VS3135 Movement New Release Announcement

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
That's part of why we have this hobby, we want a watch that needs mods or to be Franken its what makes our hobby fun. If they put something out that needs no improvement, where's the fun in that. Deep down inside we welcome the imperfections so that we may try and make them perfect according to our own tastes.

Im sure their original idea wasnt modding but to simply copy expensive watches. That being said, we want them to actually COPY the damn thing. For modders there is modding courses.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
That's true but the Smurf appeals to me purely for it's colour configuration. I may be slaughtered for saying this but personally, I prefer the look of the blue over the Hulk's green. It wouldn't be so much about passing it off as gen to others as much as it's something I'd like to see on my wrist. A nice dial, crystal etc like the RXF are what would keep me happy.

You are not alone here. I too prefer the Smurf over the hulk, but no factory makes a decent one at the moment. Let's hope VSF does the gen justice and if it does, i will be buying one for sure

Reactions: Rol.exe

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It was always the best. But thats just my opinion of course. And of course you should wait for ZF and VSF and see first but this will be their first kids while ARF mastered Subs.

How can you possibly say ARF "mastered subs" when their lugs on the already fat in gen supercase is made to be even fatter? ARF sub cases are terrible. Their finishing and is great but if the aesthetics are wrong then I'd take a VSF any day of the week.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
How can you possibly say ARF "mastered subs" when their lugs on the already fat in gen supercase is made to be even fatter? ARF sub cases are terrible. Their finishing and is great but if the aesthetics are wrong then I'd take a VSF any day of the week.

But you didnt even see VSF yet lol

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
And i truly hope the Smurf dial is NOT a sunburst dial...talk about dead giveaway.....

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
But you didnt even see VSF yet lol

Considering VSF is just RXF under their main name then yes I did.... I would easily choose the RXF over the ARF and since I'm looking at the no date sub there's not much left to see that's not already there on the date variant except remove the date window.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
SS vs WG

pxyy4.jpg

I actually prefer the look of SS, at least that's what I tell myself, haha. I would think some of these new releases would be aiming toward the new 12661x models. Show us some skinny lugs dammit!

15961236990985.jpg

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

Mrpong

15/9/19
What problem is VSF trying to solve here? We already had an excellent build quality and finish with the VR. For me, progress will be when a factory releases a free sprung balance movement. Or focus on the areas of larger improvement like hands, crystal and dial/insert. Any of the clones (and possibly the VS as well) still needs to be supplemented with gen parts (like the wheels, date parts, autowind or pinions) to provide more reliability and longevity.

I think it's just about business. Rolex replica is a very good business with huge demand. VSF of course wants to jump in. Time wil tell.

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
SS vs WG

pxyy4.jpg

I actually prefer the look of SS, at least that's what I tell myself, haha. I would think some of these new releases would be aiming toward the new 12661x models. Show us some skinny lugs dammit!

15961236990985.jpg

There's that noob v7 tease again...:harhar:

Reactions: KJ2020

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
I was hoping Rolex's new sub lineup would include a ss blue bezel and dial and that would have solved some of the problems. Personally, I quite like the wider lugs, although I also see the appeal of the slimmer ones.

If Rolex decides to keep their lugs slim moving forward, the super maxi case will become an interesting feature over time and that is adding to me consider purchasing a gen.

My only gen Rolex was grey market but I'm wondering if anyone here knows what happens to people currently on the waiting list. Is there a chance that there may be some manufactured 116610s that may be declined due to the newer models coming out? Do those on the list get the option of transferring and keeping their place? Is the 126610 a fresh list that I have to put my name on or will my previous listing get transferred? Not that I'm going to hold my breath and expect my AD to actually deliver.

I know I should really ask a gen forum that question but overall, you guys seem to know a lot more than I see in gen owner discussions. I feel like they have the gen watches but members here have the gen answers.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I was hoping Rolex's new sub lineup would include a ss blue bezel and dial and that would have solved some of the problems. Personally, I quite like the wider lugs, although I also see the appeal of the slimmer ones.

If Rolex decides to keep their lugs slim moving forward, the super maxi case will become an interesting feature over time and that is adding to me consider purchasing a gen.

My only gen Rolex was grey market but I'm wondering if anyone here knows what happens to people currently on the waiting list. Is there a chance that there may be some manufactured 116610s that may be declined due to the newer models coming out? Do those on the list get the option of transferring and keeping their place? Is the 126610 a fresh list that I have to put my name on or will my previous listing get transferred? Not that I'm going to hold my breath and expect my AD to actually deliver.

I know I should really ask a gen forum that question but overall, you guys seem to know a lot more than I see in gen owner discussions. I feel like they have the gen watches but members here have the gen answers.

I've heard of it going both ways with AD's - it's pretty much up to them if you get a boosted place on a new model list. I think at least near term, the 11661x models will go up, some way up. I've seen Hulks listed for $30K. Even the black subs are trending high right now. They'll come down I think but once they stabilize at real market value they will only go up slowly from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
Thanks KJ2020, your answers are always helpful and I have learned a lot from your posts.

On a different note, VSF are quickly establishing themselves in the sub arena (with the RXF and at least on paper/screen with these new models). I wonder which brand they will tackle next. Personally, I'm hoping for a decent Daniel Wellington rep! /s

Tione12

11/6/19
Thanks KJ2020, your answers are always helpful and I have learned a lot from your posts.

On a different note, VSF are quickly establishing themselves in the sub arena (with the RXF and at least on paper/screen with these new models). I wonder which brand they will tackle next. Personally, I'm hoping for a decent Daniel Wellington rep! /s

Why Daniel Wellington mate? Those watches are inexpensive.

Reactions: Jammydodger79