• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Factory VS3135 Movement New Release Announcement

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Factory side will be providing me with more information and pictures, and I will be sharing it with you guys here.

They will be likely releasing the hulk submariner after the VS3135 black sub, before the no date sub.

The other models will follow after.

Thanks bro

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Does 2020 is the year for pickup a 6 digits?
Good news Andrew, thx

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
Oh man, I didn't need to wake up and see this. In the past couple of weeks, I've purchased a gen Frederique Constant, an RXF sub, a rep Rolex box, a ZF 5296R Calatrava, and yesterday I lost an internal battle against purchasing a PPF Nautilus V4.

Having said that, the Smurf and LB two-tone are very appealing, and at only $50 more, still value for money. I'll probably wait for a more experienced member to review the VS3135 movement first.

I really need to confine my RWI research to maintenance/servicing because I'm spending too many hours each day selling reps to myself.

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Oh man, I didn't need to wake up and see this. In the past couple of weeks, I've purchased a gen Frederique Constant, an RXF sub, a rep Rolex box, a ZF 5296R Calatrava, and yesterday I lost an internal battle against purchasing a PPF Nautilus V4.

Having said that, the Smurf and LB two-tone are very appealing, and at only $50 more, still value for money. I'll probably wait for a more experienced member to review the VS3135 movement first.

I really need to confine my RWI research to maintenance/servicing because I'm spending too many hours each day selling reps to myself.

how could you make a good copy of a smurf when it is an instant tell that it is not white gold

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
how could you make a good copy of a smurf when it is an instant tell that it is not white gold

That's true but the Smurf appeals to me purely for it's colour configuration. I may be slaughtered for saying this but personally, I prefer the look of the blue over the Hulk's green. It wouldn't be so much about passing it off as gen to others as much as it's something I'd like to see on my wrist. A nice dial, crystal etc like the RXF are what would keep me happy.

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
The vs8900 is a regulated balance where the Gen is timing screw. This will be interesting, VSF is a hallmark of quality these days, I hope that their sub efforts don’t bring them down

Reactions: KJ2020

riderocket

18/9/18
Consistently within +/-1s per day in all positions (which I don't believe) or one second more than COSC i.e. -5s/+7s average per day in all positions?

My self-serviced, self-regulated VR3135 have been running consistently -3s/day for months when worn. Although it's quite a pain to regulate without any kind of micro adjustment feature.

I highly doubt that the new movement will be free-spung balance. Still if it's better than a VR3135 I'll try it just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and Thrasher

houss1981

15/3/17
ETA lost its patent for the 2824 movement after 25 years and this is why chinese started to replicate it freely. Does this apply to rolex 3135 patent?

Reactions: Thrasher

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

It's not an instant tell though.... YG TT or full gold yes. The biggest concern which you failed to point out is the weight difference. Right now they need to make a smurf with better dial and bezel like noob v7 and JF had.

focus66

19/8/12
As they can plate steel in yellow gold, wouldnt it also be possible to plate it with white gold?
Nobody has done it so far, but here we are in 2020 with V95 of all factories combined and the third generation of clone movements and watches looking as accurate as they never did before, so why not? You even would not have to worry about scratches, as the color difference of steel and white gold would not be noticable in a scratch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blaze00215

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
What problem is VSF trying to solve here? We already had an excellent build quality and finish with the VR. For me, progress will be when a factory releases a free sprung balance movement. Or focus on the areas of larger improvement like hands, crystal and dial/insert. Any of the clones (and possibly the VS as well) still needs to be supplemented with gen parts (like the wheels, date parts, autowind or pinions) to provide more reliability and longevity.

That's part of why we have this hobby, we want a watch that needs mods or to be Franken its what makes our hobby fun. If they put something out that needs no improvement, where's the fun in that. Deep down inside we welcome the imperfections so that we may try and make them perfect according to our own tastes.

Reactions: altesporsche

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
I hope they have better attention to detail in their replica than they do in their marketing. AFAIK the White Gold Blue Dial/Bezel model number is 116619LB (i.e. Lunette Bleu, not Lunette Noir)

Reactions: rveronico