• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Toady

Horology Curious
26/11/17
This is really helpful! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathieu123I

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/12
I would like to buy a Daytona 116500. I prefer the price of the ARF.

Is the movement reliable?

The 7750 was not reliable. Is the A4130 from ARF reliable (it's not the SA4130 from Noob)?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I would like to buy a Daytona 116500. I prefer the price of the ARF.

Is the movement reliable?

The 7750 was not reliable. Is the A4130 from ARF reliable (it's not the SA4130 from Noob)?

I had 3 arfs and 2 was with no issues and third had issues with movement but easy fix by watchsmith as it have eta clone so you have parts in every watchsmith

Teplaky

Horology Curious
12/5/20
Prague
Very useful, many thanks ! I'm now hoping the same regarding the GMT models, getting lost in all the threads :)

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Has anyone ever seen this on a TD? I really like this model Daytona.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Has anyone ever seen this on a TD? I really like this model Daytona.
Mate this is a 16520 which Zenith, the movement was modified by Rolex. Short answer is no,the only route is build a franken with a gen Zenith El Primero movement.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: PastyMan

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Thank you. I figured as much...too bad, I really think this model looks gr8

BigRS

15/3/14
Hi guys, i just received my ARF V2 Daytona that i bought from a member: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ytona-116520-v2-fully-serviced-with-prof-xtal

looking to do some modding in the future but have to do some research and i already like the watch as it is now to be honest. Would be great if somebody could have a look at the topic from the seller and tells me what is a dead giveaway that its a rep ;)

Anyways...only thing i dont like is that the 2ar crystal sticks out a lot. Is this normal for daytona? I think probably not but ive never owned a gen daytona. I do own a gen daydate rose 40 and gen datejust 41 and it sticks out wayyy much less, cant even compare it.

https://imgshare.io/image/Niwage

hope i can get some tips from you guys. Thank you.

Last edited:

HardVision

11/8/20
I wish I came across this thread before I pulled the trigger and purchased my rep Daytona :/

Does there happen to be an in depth comparison like Jtime did with the different subs? Something that includes version variations from different manufacturers. It wasn’t until I was reading through here that I saw there is a V2.2 from Noob. The one I purchased I can’t tell which it is.
I see a lot of posts about how the bezel is garbage, but mine looks good to me?
Then there are the sub dials (thick and thin) is there a good way to check which I have?
Are the thick sub dials larger on the outside diameter, or is it that they take up more of the inside of the sub dials with the ring? Can you easily use the hands to check what’s what? (Eg. the space between the sub dials should be the width of the minute hand)

or should I make a new thread with pictures of what I have and try to get answers from there? I’m still very new to the rep game and have a very curious mind.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I wish I came across this thread before I pulled the trigger and purchased my rep Daytona :/

Does there happen to be an in depth comparison like Jtime did with the different subs? Something that includes version variations from different manufacturers. It wasn’t until I was reading through here that I saw there is a V2.2 from Noob. The one I purchased I can’t tell which it is.
I see a lot of posts about how the bezel is garbage, but mine looks good to me?
Then there are the sub dials (thick and thin) is there a good way to check which I have?
Are the thick sub dials larger on the outside diameter, or is it that they take up more of the inside of the sub dials with the ring? Can you easily use the hands to check what’s what? (Eg. the space between the sub dials should be the width of the minute hand)

or should I make a new thread with pictures of what I have and try to get answers from there? I’m still very new to the rep game and have a very curious mind.

Please don’t make another Daytona thread. Just search Daytona in the search field, under the Rolex subcategorie. There are 3-4 big treads with all the info you are looking for

FRNOOB

30/12/19
Merci pour les renseignements l'équipe, on n'en apprend tous les jours :)

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
Guys I’ve been going through this entire thread and it’s awesome info but I’m still a bit confused. From what I’ve been reading the Panda ARF v2 is best looking and closest to gen out of the box over the Noob v3 but the 3 and 9 sin dials don’t work? I don’t care about the 3& 9 I have a gen Breitling and never use the chronograph. What if I can get a CF bezel and place it on the ARF would that put it closer in looks? Thanks ahead. I have attached a pic of the one I’m looking at.