• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Is this a good aftermarket batman insert compared to v9f?

I have this insert, just want to warn you the paint is white. You will need to mod it. Otherwise, it is one of the better ones. You can try to source a GMF v3 insert (great transition and paint looks just about right).

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
paperplane
I wouldn’t go for it.
As srhoque already said it has white numbers.
Also numbers are not deep and they are too thin. Those insets were floating around internet for a long time. They have pretty accurate blue color and no line on 18 and 6 but that is pretty much because numbers are painted on top of the insert.
I remember someone from RWI managed to make numbers deeper but it was a hustle and they still looked off and too thin.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Is this a good aftermarket batman insert compared to v9f?

Very similar to the one I bought and paint modded

Pros
Blue color is good
No speed bumps
Good color transition points
1 serifs are curved
1 serif tips are parallel to 1 main body
1's are close and parallel to 2nd digit with no ugly angle off

Cons (apply to nearly every aftermarket ceramic insert)
Insert will be thinner than rep factory or gen
Numbers are a little thin
Marker cutouts will be shallow
Markers will be white
White paint needs to be dug out, can't paint on top of it
Needs paint mod

If you are willing to do a paint mod or have someone do it for you, it's not likely you will find a better Batman insert to start with than the one you posted. It's better than the one I started with (1's are better), and I'm fine with how mine is now.

Ceramic insert paint mod

15710886370782.jpg

srhoque

28/11/18
Very similar to the one I bought and paint modded

Pros
Blue color is good
No speed bumps
Good color transition points
1 serifs are curved
1 serif tips are parallel to 1 main body
1's are close and parallel to 2nd digit with no ugly angle off

Cons (apply to nearly every aftermarket ceramic insert)
Insert will be thinner than rep factory or gen
Numbers are a little thin
Marker cutouts will be shallow
Markers will be white
White paint needs to be dug out, can't paint on top of it
Needs paint mod

If you are willing to do a paint mod or have someone do it for you, it's not likely you will find a better Batman insert to start with than the one you posted. It's better than the one I started with (1's are better), and I'm fine with how mine is now.

Ceramic insert paint mod

15710886370782.jpg

[/QUOTE
paperplane - Totally agree with KJ’s comment. I bought it for all the Pros KJ mentioned. Sent it to a trusted paint Modder vendor (he has done quite a few on this forum)...wasn’t happy with the end product at all. There is very little clearance to strip off the white paint and reapply PPM.

But if you can live with the white color, it is definitely a keeper.

paperplane

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/19
Singapore
@srhoque @rcom440 @KJ2020 Thanks for all the advice given, I'll continue to look around taobao for insert. I am actually looking for ARF's 116710LN bezel insert as the bezel paint on mine is coming off.

Last edited:

Az901

10/11/19
So guys after reading through the thread for a while I kinda lost it somewhere in the middle lol, so I have a question for you "expert" people and I hope you excuse my "ignorance" and lack of understanding.
So here comes the noob question "WhO MaKe ThE BeSt 116710LN" lol, no seriously is V9F the best ootb? And what are the obvious "flaws" or where does it fall short? A comparison link would be highly appreciated ????

srhoque

28/11/18
So guys after reading through the thread for a while I kinda lost it somewhere in the middle lol, so I have a question for you "expert" people and I hope you excuse my "ignorance" and lack of understanding.
So here comes the noob question "WhO MaKe ThE BeSt 116710LN" lol, no seriously is V9F the best ootb? And what are the obvious "flaws" or where does it fall short? A comparison link would be highly appreciated ????

If you want stay with rep parts, best one is a hybrid build. Start with ARF case/bezel, put in a VR 3185 movement and VRF (or even GMF) dial and VRF hands.You need to make sure ARF crown tune is not glued in, else you may have waterproofing issues. Also you want to at least change the jumping hour module (part 660) to gen.

If you want to franken, my vote is to start with an ARF or Noob v10 case, VR3185 movement and put in all gen parts for the rest. A better (albeit expensive option) movement is VR3185 concerted to VR3185 using gen parts.

Reactions: -Archer-

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
If you want stay with rep parts, best one is a hybrid build. Start with ARF case/bezel, put in a VR 3185 movement and VRF (or even GMF) dial and VRF hands.You need to make sure ARF crown tune is not glued in, else you may have waterproofing issues. Also you want to at least change the jumping hour module (part 660) to gen.

If you want to franken, my vote is to start with an ARF or Noob v10 case, VR3185 movement and put in all gen parts for the rest. A better (albeit expensive option) movement is VR3185 concerted to VR3185 using gen parts.

I think he asked for OOTB?

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
I don't know that anyone would agree on what the best OOTB GMT would be. It really depends on a lot of factors- are you willing to sacrifice movement quality for better looks? Which parts stand out the most to you? They all have flaws, it's personal choice which ones you can deal with. I don;t think any of the "premium" GMTs flaws are so bad that they would stand out to anyone other than RWI members. What you should do, Disorder , is read up on each of the models. Get a feel for what people are saying about each one, then pick one that you like the best. The more research you do, the better, as you don't want to get a watch that looks damn near perfect only to find out it has a "timebomb" movement in it that will die in ~3 months.
If you want a rep with as few flaws as possible, you're going to have to start parts swapping. It's an expensive hobby, I'll be the first to admit- but if you just want a real decent OOTB LN, VRF, ARF, V9F are all great watches.

Az901

10/11/19
I don't know that anyone would agree on what the best OOTB GMT would be. It really depends on a lot of factors- are you willing to sacrifice movement quality for better looks? Which parts stand out the most to you? They all have flaws, it's personal choice which ones you can deal with. I don;t think any of the "premium" GMTs flaws are so bad that they would stand out to anyone other than RWI members. What you should do, Disorder , is read up on each of the models. Get a feel for what people are saying about each one, then pick one that you like the best. The more research you do, the better, as you don't want to get a watch that looks damn near perfect only to find out it has a "timebomb" movement in it that will die in ~3 months.
If you want a rep with as few flaws as possible, you're going to have to start parts swapping. It's an expensive hobby, I'll be the first to admit- but if you just want a real decent OOTB LN, VRF, ARF, V9F are all great watches.
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate your efforts and guys like yourself make people like myself love this hobby more and more, yes am kinda new to this "high end reps" world and before this all I knew about are those cheap quality watches which I owned one or two of them but since I own some gens and the fact that I am a VIP customer in my local ROLEX AD, I was very able to pass some cheapos as gen !! Even around some friends who own MANY rolexes !! It's kinda funny because those watches are ridiculously BAD so I think it's all about "appearances". But after getting to know this world and how good are the high end reps I decided it doesn't really worth paying 10 times more for watches.

Now regarding the GMT LN, and after reading for a while I came to a conclusion that V9F is a very good one except for the bezel where ARF has a better one but that's something I can live with, but looking at it from a different angle I think Subs are the way to go, especially that I will be receiving a gen hulk and an LN tomorrow so I think I will be flexing the gens for a while then get the ZZFs and sell those gens lol ????

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrX

KrX

12/5/20
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate your efforts and guys like yourself make people like myself love this hobby more and more, yes am kinda new to this "high end reps" world and before this all I knew about are those cheap quality watches which I owned one or two of them but since I own some gens and the fact that I am a VIP customer in my local ROLEX AD, I was very able to pass some cheapos as gen !! Even around some friends who own MANY rolexes !! It's kinda funny because those watches are ridiculously BAD so I think it's all about "appearances". But after getting to know this world and how good are the high end reps I decided it doesn't really worth paying 10 times more for watches.

Now regarding the GMT LN, and after reading for a while I came to a conclusion that V9F is a very good one except for the bezel where ARF has a better one but that's something I can live with, but looking at it from a different angle I think Subs are the way to go, especially that I will be receiving a gen hulk and an LN tomorrow so I think I will be flexing the gens for a while then get the ZZFs and sell those gens lol ????

lol ... really, i bought 2 Gen rolex, 1 gen breitling... But now for the cost of 1 i can buy 10 and more... Funny friends around who don't know i wear High Rep....

Nice day Bro

Reactions: Az901

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

I think it sitll is ARF and were I in the market for one that is where my money would go. A very nice OOTB rep and no worries about movements and the like.

Az901

10/11/19
@KJ2020 I apologise for bothering you but your comment is highly appreciated and I would really love to hear your opinion ????

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
@KJ2020 I apologise for bothering you but your comment is highly appreciated and I would really love to hear your opinion ????

ARF is still holding onto the SH3186 movement and a few newly released ones are having date flip issues. I have one now to work on and about all you can do is randomly swap calendar parts and see if the issue goes away. If not you are either looking at trying some gen parts or movement swap to VR3185. Then there's no guarantee ARF hands will fit the VR hands wheels. So personally I wouldn't buy an ARF and plan to use it OOTB right now.

The other top contender VRF, GMF and V9F LNs all use the VR3185 so you have to look at other aspects to see what you like best. All of them fall short of ARF case, bezel, insert and bracelet/clasp quality (one failed tube issue excepted).

So take your pick. If I had to pick one and couldn't mod a thing I would try a V9F. The insert is best IMO and the rest is on par with the others. But the GMF and VRF are fine too for OOTB. These reps have gotten so good we need not complain too much about any of them.

I don't feel any urgency to get an LN right now. No doubt I will at some point. If I were going to make a low budget combo build I would use an ARF caseset, bracelet, clasp and just swap in a whole VRF movement/dial/hands. Easy one step switch, hands fit, lume matches and isn't shock white like the ARF lume is.

Here's my LN, lol.

15718534717040.jpg

Az901

10/11/19
I don't feel any urgency to get an LN right now. No doubt I will at some point. If I were going to make a low budget combo build I would use an ARF caseset, bracelet, clasp and just swap in a whole VRF movement/dial/hands. Easy one step switch, hands fit, lume matches and isn't shock white like the ARF lume is.

Here's my LN, lol.

15718534717040.jpg

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment and THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL WATCH ???? lol .. yeah I kinda feel the same now, no urgency to get an LN now but maybe sometime in the near future and I think I may just go the other way, the Submariners way lol, so the question now is "WhO HaS ThE BeSt SuB?" Jk lol, I know currently it's ZZF but I kinda hate that first X in the serial number and looking at noobs offers am thinking of getting a noob ????

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment and THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL WATCH ???? lol .. yeah I kinda feel the same now, no urgency to get an LN now but maybe sometime in the near future and I think I may just go the other way, the Submariners way lol, so the question now is "WhO HaS ThE BeSt SuB?" Jk lol, I know currently it's ZZF but I kinda hate that first X in the serial number and looking at noobs offers am thinking of getting a noob ????

The new ZZF LV's now have a Y as the first digit in the serial number. IDK about the LN's but it should follow if not already.

Reactions: Az901

LaraA

15/3/11
I do agree that Li is the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with, when I rejected the first QC I told them what I was looking for in the bezel transitions and the next one I received met the criteria.

What version is this ?

anorphirith

31/7/09
Watch received,
the blue being lighter than gen isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
the bracelet is impressively made, I never saw this attention to detail and level of polish on any watch around that price point.
For now I like the rubber bracelet on it, it makes it lighter and look more modern in my opinion.
Nothing to complain for the rest of the watch, it's a very very impressive piece.
I love the size of it on my wrist, it's perfect. The GMT functionality is intuitive and so very useful, although I can only attribute it the latter to Rolex ;)
ACtC-3dIHTbaU-7gv90vmJ8rAaRSeeP6XVynIXIwMraW2SdADGIqKAjxqx4DPlIWOTEs3Hx9o3BPbbCrop9lDv76znudcV-A94D7w8FY8m7FOe_D1ejekc0Ihabi7qcsaK2jiFBoOBzA6r4M2nA38SaTamBtrQ=w1206-h1606-no

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
Watch received,
the blue being lighter than gen isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
the bracelet is impressively made, I never saw this attention to detail and level of polish on any watch around that price point.
For now I like the rubber bracelet on it, it makes it lighter and look more modern in my opinion.
Nothing to complain for the rest of the watch, it's a very very impressive piece.
I love the size of it on my wrist, it's perfect. The GMT functionality is intuitive and so very useful, although I can only attribute it the latter to Rolex ;)
ACtC-3dIHTbaU-7gv90vmJ8rAaRSeeP6XVynIXIwMraW2SdADGIqKAjxqx4DPlIWOTEs3Hx9o3BPbbCrop9lDv76znudcV-A94D7w8FY8m7FOe_D1ejekc0Ihabi7qcsaK2jiFBoOBzA6r4M2nA38SaTamBtrQ=w1206-h1606-no

That looks good. Is that GMF or V9F?