• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Omega only sells the 007 strap with the 007 watch. 99% of the OEM straps that are called "SPECTRE" on eBay are the regular one without the 007 engraving.

Ok, so if someone loose the original 007 NATO strap it would be not possible to purchase it in the omega store

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Ok, so if someone loose the original 007 NATO strap it would be not possible to purchase it in the omega store.

It's hard to say. I've heard their boutiques and the factory in Geneva are very supportive to customers. Of course, if they suspect it's just to complete a replica......

Reactions: danix84

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
I want to firstly preface my following comments by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they spend their money and it's in no way a condemnation of anyone's choices and preferences.

Now, I feel like the spectre 300 is such a unique watch in that, of course, superficial details are important to some but my personal take is, if we compare the latest V2 to the MKF version, depending on who you ask, the VSF V2 is the best and some would argue that the MKF version is the best only to be let down by the JEWETS misspelling and the price difference between the 2 is what, around $80?

I respect people like what they like and have their preferences and want to get what they pay for, which is reasonable. However, I see the JEWETS misspelling as a non-issue. It could say JERUSALEM for all I care because nobody is going to see it. In fact, it can only be seen when you start angling the watch to reveal barrel one. So unless you plan on showing it off to a watch expert or someone who works at Omega and is familiar with the watch and claiming it to be a gen I don't see the big fuss behind a minor spelling mistake which no one and even you yourself aren't really going to see.

On top of that, the biggest tell on the reps is the lack of liquid metal for the bezel numbers, which again, people who know about fake and gen watches, especially omegas is the first thing they see before and if ever they see the case back, so it just makes the JEWETS error (as silly a mistake as it is) somewhat of a moot point. If this is the predominant issue of the MKF, is spending an extra $80 or thereabouts worth it? Obviously if the VSF V2 has other aesthetic differences that's more gen-like then that's more understandable.

As for the NATO straps, I get that not everyone maybe huge James Bond fans and so wanting to source a gen spectre NATO is understandable but for those that are James Bond fans, the reality is, yes Bond wears the spectre 300 but within context, he's not wearing a NATO strap in the film with 007 markings on it. He'd be wearing the standard seamaster 300 NATO. Anyway, just sharing my thoughts.

Reactions: Gpbn and fone_

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
As for the NATO straps, I get that not everyone maybe huge James Bond fans and so wanting to source a gen spectre NATO is understandable but for those that are James Bond fans, the reality is, yes Bond wears the spectre 300 but within context, he's not wearing a NATO strap in the film with 007 markings on it. He'd be wearing the standard seamaster 300 NATO. Anyway, just sharing my thoughts.

I saw the watch prop on display at Bond in Motion in London.. The nato strap has the brushed buckle and keepers but yes, no 007 logo.. I'm guessing there is no SPECTRE stamped on the caseback too.

26489445251_bc37e5a656_b.jpg

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I would like to buy the gen NATO strap, is it possible to buy the 007 edition? How much does it cost? ( The normal one should cost160 euro)

I purchased the genuine 007 NATO strap in 2016 at my local Omega boutique in SoCal. I paid $180 for it.

According to the salesperson, it is not usually in stock, but when I called they did happen to have a spare to sell to me. I would try calling around to few local Omega boutiques and asking if they have one.

Reactions: snoutwatch

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I purchased the genuine 007 NATO strap in 2016 at my local Omega boutique in SoCal. I paid $180 for it.

According to the salesperson, it is not usually in stock, but when I called they did happen to have a spare to sell to me. I would try calling around to few local Omega boutiques and asking if they have one.

Thank you!!

Reactions: Mr.JC

fone_

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/4/20
I want to firstly preface my following comments by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they spend their money and it's in no way a condemnation of anyone's choices and preferences.

Now, I feel like the spectre 300 is such a unique watch in that, of course, superficial details are important to some but my personal take is, if we compare the latest V2 to the MKF version, depending on who you ask, the VSF V2 is the best and some would argue that the MKF version is the best only to be let down by the JEWETS misspelling and the price difference between the 2 is what, around $80?

I respect people like what they like and have their preferences and want to get what they pay for, which is reasonable. However, I see the JEWETS misspelling as a non-issue. It could say JERUSALEM for all I care because nobody is going to see it. In fact, it can only be seen when you start angling the watch to reveal barrel one. So unless you plan on showing it off to a watch expert or someone who works at Omega and is familiar with the watch and claiming it to be a gen I don't see the big fuss behind a minor spelling mistake which no one and even you yourself aren't really going to see.

On top of that, the biggest tell on the reps is the lack of liquid metal for the bezel numbers, which again, people who know about fake and gen watches, especially omegas is the first thing they see before and if ever they see the case back, so it just makes the JEWETS error (as silly a mistake as it is) somewhat of a moot point. If this is the predominant issue of the MKF, is spending an extra $80 or thereabouts worth it? Obviously if the VSF V2 has other aesthetic differences that's more gen-like then that's more understandable.

You are right! I never thought about James Bond not having the 007 markings on his NATO. Good thought. :)

I have a cheap corgeut hommage of the SM300 on a NATO which made me go for the replica because I like it so much and it is the only watch I was ever complimented on buy random people.
Still thinking about the gen also.

Even though the SM300 on a NATO was the look I wanted, I haven't even put the Rep on the NATO yet. So far I really love the MKF bracelet (and my GF does too, although she thinks buying Rep watches is silly). For me the bracelet is awesome.

The "jewets" was a flaw I immediately dismissed.

The only things that bother me at the moment is that the watch has a ghost position (date-changing position) of the crown although intime advertised it as having only 2 positions and that it is running 18-20 seconds fast.

If I want to regulate it, I will have to remove the decoration plate (which one? the obvoius one?) and I am not sure if it is safe to remove it.

I believe the VSF V2 has the nicer texture of the dial but then again it has the non-gen sandwich construction of the dial which can look a little funky in detail pictures too.

Reactions: Chesterfield

Zibigniye

Looking Around
7/6/20
Guys, can you tell me in one word, which version of this watch has better nato strap genuine like?

katak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
Hello, does your spectre rattle ? looks like it's the rotor... this is the last version I've just got. thanks

Last edited:

ernmeister84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/19
Guys, can you tell me in one word, which version of this watch has better nato strap genuine like?

There is none of genuine like nato strap as far as I have read this thread. But I just wonder does the rep nato straps makes the watch really cheap? I just have placed an order this watch so I will see...:)