• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF PAM1661 carbotech

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
haha, thanks for this amazing pics jonnybaws can't wait to receive mine now !

how the strap size ? do you feel it will be good with tiny wrist ?

it has been shipped 3 days ago, but with the current situation, idk really when it will be here.... :D

strange fact, i see that you have receive a black rubber with it, on my QC it was a grey camo ... i didn't know it should be black ... not a big deal , the grey camo looking good on the QC!

Mine as well came with the camouflage strap I rejected for the black I think the makers are trying to get ride of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Mine as well came with the camouflage strap I rejected for the black I think the makers are trying to get ride of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You rejected a watch for the strap?
Am I the only one who literally considers the secondary strap a throw away?

Especially because I can't imagine a situation where I'd wear it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Twinny

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
So the case is made up of actual carbon like the gen? How many of you think this is a Super Rep NWBIG?

Yes, the case is made with same technology as the gen. Personally I think it’s a fantastic rep. Main thing to look for in photos is dial alignment with the case. Here’s an example of how my original was misaligned:

Bad alignment
4dd3e2ada05caeb36066cfc377f2918b.jpg

Good alignment
1f161586962d4abe57a26bf712122778.jpg

With that being said it’s a minor misalignment in the first photo, some people might not mind it at all. The second photo is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you're on about with the alignment thing. Could you try and explain it?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
So the case is made up of actual carbon like the gen? How many of you think this is a Super Rep NWBIG?

Yes it is made of carbotech material. It has not yet been reviewed so it has no classification yet but it looks to a relatively good rep. Whether or not it is NWBIG is a purely subjective matter.

bora12

Certified
4/10/17
What a great looking watch.

Only thing that would prevent me from buying this is if there are going to rep the 1663. Has anyone heard anything about that?
I love both so I wouldn't be disappointed with the 1661, but I think I like the 1663 a touch more.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
What a great looking watch.

Only thing that would prevent me from buying this is if there are going to rep the 1663. Has anyone heard anything about that?
I love both so I wouldn't be disappointed with the 1661, but I think I like the 1663 a touch more.

There have been no formal announcements on any reps of the recent 70 Years of the Luminor series of watches.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you're on about with the alignment thing. Could you try and explain it?

Here is an exaggerated example of a dial being out of alignment with the case. This is what I’m taking about, but on a lesser scale.
a7fb4c4a60f5fb6fc706907571f02424.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maxracingshox

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Gosh.. The datewheel is misaligned to the right...

I would ask for a new one... :p

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Here is an exaggerated example of a dial being out of alignment with the case. This is what I’m taking about, but on a lesser scale.

Ahhhh, gotcha. Thank you.

Gosh, that being the case, I can't see any misalignment on your original example! I do have a bad eye for detail thankfully!

nardin

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/10
Placed the order! The waiting begins.
I heard from my TD that there is only 50 pieces for the first batch so anyone on the fence... Pull the trigger!

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Placed the order! The waiting begins.
I heard from my TD that there is only 50 pieces for the first batch so anyone on the fence... Pull the trigger!

I think they say that all the time. Or, it takes them a lot long to sell 50 units then you would imagine.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
got mine its a beauty grab one the factory is stepping up its game with the last two releases the quality is superb

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I think they say that all the time. Or, it takes them a lot long to sell 50 units then you would imagine.

It might be true, that there's only 50 made for the 1st batch. But the factory has made 20 batches already, that's the part they left out. :lol:

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
Quick mini review of mine while waiting for a Zoom meeting to start . . . .

Received last week and straight out the box I knew it was a good choice. Quality is far better than any other Pam I have ever owned and the light feel on the wrist is incredible. I actually got rid of an Omega NTTD because the ti case felt too light, the Carbotech just seems perfectly balanced, enough to know it is there, but not too light to seem like a toy.

The case construction is very well done, layered but the machining on the bezel produces a great swirl that along with the black / blue sandwich dial is the watches USP in my opinion.

The dial printing is very good, even under a macro there is no obvious bleeding of the font, all nice and sharp. Same goes for the hands, lume and production finish all good. On the subject of the lume. . . IT POPS, even in daylight the blue dial and hands have a slight glow if you come away from the sun.

​​​​​​​

The date wheel is well centered on my piece, date change is slow and on this piece starts at around 10:30pm, I may move the hands on a bit to fix this small irritation if it become too irksome. The date wheel colour is very black, I haven't seen any up-close gen photos but on the rep at least the colour differs from the dial colour which is a very dark grey. Not an issue, just something I have noted.

The caseback is very well done, engraving good with nice depth and all looks correct to gen.

The strap is in my opinion a master piece. Comfy, good pattern and detail and the stitching colour is ace. I received the rubber with the watch, but it remains unwarpped, the material strap goes so well it i will not be changing for anything else (incredibly rare for me to do so). The buckle feels very much like carbon, while I am sure its very strong, it does feel fragile, this may be due to the weight of it?

All in, I'm very happy with the purchase of the 1661, it sits well with my AP Bumblebee rep in the carbon section of the watchbox and wont be replaced anytime soon.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I do agree with above review. The strap feels great and buckle is DLC’ed titanium which almost feels like black ceramic. ....maybe it is ceramic?
f4b80102a53d1ff7e09bb648e1b628b9.jpg

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I've cone round to the strap quality too, so much so I've not bothered to order the Gen Sportech strap! One of my favourite Pams!

nardin

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/10
So the strap is really quality one?
Not like the past ugly nylon strap stiff and not comfortable?