• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF PAM1661 carbotech

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
How much less weight is it against general Luminor 44mm (stainless body)?

It should be much lighter compared to a 44mm 1950 Luminor Marina. That weight in the picture is including the strap which weighs quite a bit. A PAM661 (head only) weighs 90g and I don't expect the weight of the similarly configured PAM1661 to vary that much. Compared to say a PAM312, the weight is lower by 30% (head only).

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
How much less weight is it against general Luminor 44mm (stainless body)?

it looks like the weight is slightly lighter than SS but heavier than Ti.

what do you think that strap weighs? I have the PET strap and buckle from the 985 at 16 grams and assuming the strap In the pic is similar, that puts the watch itself at About 100 grams.

according to this thread.... https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...rent-weights-of-panerai-models-case-materials
and assuming it is about 100 grams that puts it about 15 grams less than comparable SS models, but 20 grams heavier than comparable titanium models.

86f12b39e3e0527e7a3e2f839cbc766e.jpg

Last edited:

Valkyre

10/1/13
Screenshot , for information .
finally I am surprised! I thought a carbon case would be lighter than that! my Daylight seems more massive, visually. but it's still my next order ... ????
6da6eeef7c46cfe90a185316edbdeee2.jpg

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6010 en utilisant Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
So I’m relatively new to the rep world and have a smaller wrist 6.5” diameter. Anyone here have a similar size wrist? Do these 44mm Pam’s look stupid on you? I love this new carbon fiber one... but wondering if I should get a smaller 42mm model
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
The case, dial look great, the issue will be the strap (I assume), I plan on swapping out the rep strap with a Gen Dark Blue when my 1661 arrives.. then again I don't mind being surprised on the quality of the rep strap, but experience tells you they usually aren't very good!

doumstyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
I find that the green light makes it lose all its charm ... why not blue?
otherwise it's really a nice watch I really like

nardin

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/10
The pattern of the carbotech case is really spot on on this model not like the previous carbotech cases.
Looks really good. I'm definitely buying one.
The crap strap won't bother me. I'll make a nice custom leather strap or put it on gen rubber.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Just landed... first impression, I like it, A LOT.. not to upset by the rep strap either...

You'll see by the pics below they've made it about 1.5mm thinner, I think all that is made up by shaving the caseback, looks at lot slimmer, I'll try to take better pics of that later..

Crystal looks to have been AR too..

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Just landed... first impression, I like it, A LOT.. not to upset by the rep strap either...

You'll see by the pics below they've made it about 1.5mm thinner, I think all that is made up by shaving the caseback, looks at lot slimmer, I'll try to take better pics of that later..

Crystal looks to have been AR too..

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics and measurements. Waiting for my QC photos, very exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
haha, thanks for this amazing pics jonnybaws can't wait to receive mine now !

how the strap size ? do you feel it will be good with tiny wrist ?

it has been shipped 3 days ago, but with the current situation, idk really when it will be here.... :D

strange fact, i see that you have receive a black rubber with it, on my QC it was a grey camo ... i didn't know it should be black ... not a big deal , the grey camo looking good on the QC!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That looks awesome on the wrist! Way better than the QC/TD pics, congrats. It also makes me doubly glad mine is in the air!

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
haha, thanks for this amazing pics jonnybaws can't wait to receive mine now !

how the strap size ? do you feel it will be good with tiny wrist ?

it has been shipped 3 days ago, but with the current situation, idk really when it will be here.... :D

strange fact, i see that you have receive a black rubber with it, on my QC it was a grey camo ... i didn't know it should be black ... not a big deal , the grey camo looking good on the QC!

Interesting.. its a free strap and could work on other Pams but I'm not sure how it'll go wit the 1661...

I just tried the black rubber on the watch, whilst its black and black goes with everything, the combo does nothing for me on this watch..
However I do have the Gen Dark Blue rubber on order to be paired with this...

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I'm keeping a close eye on this watch because it was done so nicely... Although I don't like spring bars on Panerai as it seems to depart from the core of the brand it looks fantastic!

Would this be considered a super rep yet?