• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

jpchub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Cape Town
all.

74e528af87c75c917fc2e2fb4ccc032a.jpg

9ec033cd17600b89cb03e50593a95942.jpg
Interesting! Is that Gen like? Is the normal SS Seamaster the same? I’ve never opened mine up

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
I was a bit hasty with my “ha” comment. With the right gasket that system could be very effective.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Interesting! Is that Gen like? Is the normal SS Seamaster the same? I’ve never opened mine up

Yes it is, NAIAD lock, No, normal SS seamsater does not have it, only those models where NAIAD lock has been specifically mentioned on the caseback

Last edited:
Reactions: jpchub

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Yes it is, NAIAD lock, No, normal SS seamsater does not have it, only those models where NAIAD lock has been specifically mentioned on the caseback

Well it says naiad on it and it sets the caseback level, but it’s nowhere near the system Omega use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Naiad lock;

Sub-assembly of external parts for a watch, comprising a water-resistant joint between a first and a second component, which are screwed, one on the other, the first component supports a first inclined toothing, which cooperates with a second inclined toothing of the second component, the first component or second component, or a second ring interposed between them comprises a zone which is elastically deformable under the action of a relative rotation between the first and the second component which is caused by an external force, and the deformation range of which allows compression of the elastically deformable zone allowing clearance of the teeth tips during the relative rotation and a release of this zone, allowing return to cooperation of the tips and the hollows of the teeth in a new relative angular position.

Simple explanation; Teethy, squashy, twisty, waterproof thingy.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
I can’t find a video showing naiad locks. In the world of incredibly, shall we say “fascinated with the nuances” watch collectors, I feel like I’ve found an enormous blind spot. You could probably set up a YouTube channel dedicated to watch caseback systems and get 1000 followers in a week.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Joking aside, with the right sized gasket (and depending on the machining of the inside of the case) the rep caseback matches the naiad patent description. In theory there are some seats within the case for those teeth on the caseback and the gasket pushes the teeth into the seats when you release pressure on the caseback.

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Joking aside, with the right sized gasket (and depending on the machining of the inside of the case) the rep caseback matches the naiad patent description. In theory there are some seats within the case for those teeth on the caseback and the gasket pushes the teeth into the seats when you release pressure on the caseback.

No teeth. Just a twist and slide....but yes a thicker gasket would increase the pressure between case and caseback and hold it more tightly on thus improving water resistance.

Reactions: Take5

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
Surely there's gonna be some sort of gadget on it. I'm guessing it's something to do with the helium escape valve and a rotating bezel...LOL

I saw an interview from the Omega CEO or something like that where he confirmed it will have a special function in the movie. Of course, he didn't say more.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
MrBurgundy do you dare open the casebacks?!

I've yet to see someone who has the gen of this open up their caseback. TBH I'm also curious to see how it looks on the gen. But it's just too big a risk for gens I guess since the watch is barely a year old and the moment you open up the back, its probably gonna need a pressure test afterwards. And plus, I do believe that unless the caseback is opened by an Omega/Swatch service tech due to irregularities etc, the Omega warranty is probably gonna be void if the caseback is opened by the owner or any other watch technician. They will know if the watch has been opened or tampered with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I think I covered all of what I can with the gen comparison, but if anyone has anything I've missed, let me know and I'll get it done before listing the rep for sale.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I think I covered all of what I can with the gen comparison, but if anyone has anything I've missed, let me know and I'll get it done before listing the rep for sale.

Just wondered your thoughts on the depth of the bezel engraving? Looks barely noticeable on the gen, slight in v2 and quite deep on v3.