• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
It would vary rep to rep, don't be a fool... wash your hands in it, splash it sure. Don't shower / swim unless you've had it pressure tested. Find a local jewellers (after covid) and ask them if they can pressure test it whilst you wait. It really is the only way.

Yeah ofc i wont take it for a swim or such before a real pressure test. But the question is rather then... Where would i be able to pressuretest it? I mean... does the local watchmaker take it in without seeing its a rep?

Reactions: SweWatchz

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yeah ofc i wont take it for a swim or such before a real pressure test. But the question is rather then... Where would i be able to pressuretest it? I mean... does the local watchmaker take it in without seeing its a rep?

Your local watchmaker will probably be fooled, and say the reason you want it tested is because you opened the case-back yourself and want to make sure it's atleast 50m or so resistant. Would be best way.

Yobagemo

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
Your local watchmaker will probably be fooled, and say the reason you want it tested is because you opened the case-back yourself and want to make sure it's atleast 50m or so resistant. Would be best way.

Yeah thats a good reason, gonna try it out when the watch arrives. Its either that i opened the caseback myself.. or a long history about my grandfather who used it in ww2 and now i want it tested (allthough the watch was released 2018) :D

prefor

18/8/17
I was just about to order Omega 300m VSF V2 (I'm so eager to get it!)
But last time I bought a rep from both InTime and PureTime i used the Western Union as Payment Method. When I visit both of their website I can see it's gone, maybe they removed it?? I have no problem to use my MasterCard, but just to be extra sure, is it safe enough to use it there? :)

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
prefor one of those TD’s is my regular go to. I use to use my CC, but then I realized someone got hold of my CC details and purchased a bunch of apps through itunes, lol. Wasnt a lot of money, but the hassle to have CC replaced and then some wasnt nice. The last purchase I asked to use paypal.

prefor

18/8/17
prefor one of those TD’s is my regular go to. I use to use my CC, but then I realized someone got hold of my CC details and purchased a bunch of apps through itunes, lol. Wasnt a lot of money, but the hassle to have CC replaced and then some wasnt nice. The last purchase I asked to use paypal.
I sent you a PM :O

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13

The same thing happened to me. The bugger also bought a train ticket at Deutsche bahn. I'm never using my credit card for purchases from China again. Ever.

Reactions: jpchub

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I am a bit surprised... Ordering on random sites is a bad idea, but I would have thought Trusted Dealer goes with trusted payment. Even with Chinese Sellers.
Problem is, using an indirect payment method generally goes with fees.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I just ordered the genuine version of this Omega 210.30.42.20.06.001 at Jomashop MSRP $5200, Regular Jomashop price $3750 -$100 = $3650 all in! which is low compared to the Black Dial (I have in Gen) and the blue Dial but today there was $100 cupon..That coupled with free shipping and Zero sales tax made it a must buy. I know this watch is supposed to be very very close to gen..See my VSF Diver 300 below but the gen was irresistible. So this will go up for sale after I brief comparison.

IMG_15240ecc1b1752520af3.jpg

prefor

18/8/17
The same thing happened to me. The bugger also bought a train ticket at Deutsche bahn. I'm never using my credit card for purchases from China again. Ever.

What payment method do you use then? :)
I'm thinking to use my Revolut with its virtual credit card.

prefor

18/8/17
Your card scheme will be assigned based on your location and cannot be selected.
This is what I do, blocking the card after each use (or setting a low daily limit).

Dammit since Revolut picks out the card for you (MasterCard or Visa) based on your location I can't pick MasterCard... I just wrote to Ryan and they don't accept Visa.

Ohh well I just I have to PayPal then :/

Does anyone knows how it works when transferring money through PayPal to TDs?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Does anyone knows how it works when transferring money through PayPal to TDs?
First of all, not all TDs accept PP payments; but if you have a good history with your TD, they offer such option. You get an email with all PP details of your TD; you send it as Family and Friends (gift) only (you cannot pay as Goods and Services, the TD will not accept such payment). When the transaction is completed, you sent the payment ID number via email to your TD and they confirm. Then you are good to go. Just watch out for the terrible exchange rates at PP!!

prefor

18/8/17
First of all, not all TDs accept PP payments; but if you have a good history with your TD, they offer such option. You get an email with all PP details of your TD; you send it as Family and Friends (gift) only (you cannot pay as Goods and Services, the TD will not accept such payment). When the transaction is completed, you sent the payment ID number via email to your TD and they confirm. Then you are good to go. Just watch out for the terrible exchange rates at PP!!

I just wrote to Ryan and he told me that I can use PayPal as payment :)
Niceee! Good to hear it's the "Family and friend" option! That's the easiest one to use :)

Yea I hate the exchange rates sometimes. But I will watch out for that, thank you! :)

Ohh one last question; does it matter which TD we use when buying 300m VSF V2?
I mean does other TDs have better quality than the other?

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I just wrote to Ryan and he told me that I can use PayPal as payment :)
Niceee! Good to hear it's the "Family and friend" option! That's the easiest one to use :)

Yea I hate the exchange rates sometimes. But I will watch out for that, thank you! :)

They all should have the same models, at about the same price.

If you have a Revolut card as you said, just pick the option where you don't let Paypal convert, but the card's bank. Doing so, I have no exchange fee. Oh, and Revolut takes a conversion fee the week-end, not during the week.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
The best way to pay is with Bitcoin :D
You even get a good discount...

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

No, they can all get the same watches. The only difference you might see is that some TD's seem to be more picky when they go to the market than others or maybe a better way to put it is some TD's have a better eye for details or what ever. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger sites like TrustyTime, InTime and PureTime that have big fancy websites will get more customers and will be less picky about what they send you. The smaller TD's like Sead or Lucy or Mary (a TD on RWG) will be more picky, but they either don't have web sites or they don't have very good web sites and you likely will have to wait a little longer for your watch.

prefor

18/8/17
They all should have the same models, at about the same price.

If you have a Revolut card as you said, just pick the option where you don't let Paypal convert, but the card's bank. Doing so, I have no exchange fee. Oh, and Revolut takes a conversion fee the week-end, not during the week.

But does that even work if I got Visa instead of MasterCard in Revolut? Apparently my location is a Visa location... :p
Where in Revolut do I do that? I've been using Revolut for almost 2 years now, and have never seen that option before :O

No, they can all get the same watches. The only difference you might see is that some TD's seem to be more picky when they go to the market than others or maybe a better way to put it is some TD's have a better eye for details or what ever. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger sites like TrustyTime, InTime and PureTime that have big fancy websites will get more customers and will be less picky about what they send you. The smaller TD's like Sead or Lucy or Mary (a TD on RWG) will be more picky, but they either don't have web sites or they don't have very good web sites and you likely will have to wait a little longer for your watch.

Hmm i never thought about that before! I just used the bigger TDs since they feel more convenient to use, since they have a fancy website and all... I've never used the smaller TDs before. Which one would you recommend? And do they have Omega 300m VSF V2 in black color?
Do we just email them?
I know where to find the Trusted Rep dealers in this forum, I just haven't looked closer since I often just just the bigger TDs.

But I read that WatchOutlet shutdown their website for the year due to this Corona virus :(
Now when I think about it. Is it even "safe" to order watches since this Corona virus is all over the dam place... Won't the package or watch be infected? :/
Have any one you made any orders during Corona?