• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

indiaoscar

Horology Curious
11/10/19
as far as i know the consensus was that the XS JF strap fits the XF cases. I have also small wrists at 6,85 inch and the XF and JF Diver it my wrist on the standard strap on the last hole quite comfortably.

Will TD’s be able to get a different sized band that just by asking for “ XS JF diver band for ROO?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
srhoque In my Diver is the ETA 2846 What is the difference between the 2836 and the 2846 if I may ask :)

ps. My XF DIver is running super OK.

That’s even better. 2846 is the low beat movement which is ultimately what makes this watch more gen like in terms of beat rate. Enjoy the watch in good health!’

FYi: 2836 is what comes with watch from factory and is high beat movement.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
That’s even better. 2846 is the low beat movement which is ultimately what makes this watch more gen like in terms of beat rate. Enjoy the watch in good health!’

FYi: 2836 is what comes with watch from factory and is high beat movement.

Aha That is right, it was a Trusty T limited low beat edition. Thank you so much for your answer. I must learn all the movements and the differences between them and their numbers. My bad hahahaha

By the way, I knew the gen has the low beat, that i why I bought this one . thx again I will wear her in good health. :)

photo taken not so long ago

srhoque

28/11/18
Aha That is right, it was a Trusty T limited low beat edition. Thank you so much for your answer. I must learn all the movements and the differences between them and their numbers. My bad hahahaha

By the way, I knew the gen has the low beat, that i why I bought this one . thx again I will wear her in good health. :)

photo taken not so long ago

That’s a keeper, look great on wrist!!

Reactions: stanevo6

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
d5720521c6e36470525441f9c02ccaf2.jpg

Definitely a keeper! Just need to improve that ‘rough’ crown operation

srhoque

28/11/18
d5720521c6e36470525441f9c02ccaf2.jpg

Definitely a keeper! Just need to improve that ‘rough’ crown operation

If it still has the Asian 2836 in it, the rough crown operation is a known issue. It is recommended to update the "keyless works" mechanism of these asian 2836 movement because they use inferior parts.

I was in the same boat. Since then, I have modded it to a low beat movement using a gen ETA 2836 as the starting base movement.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
If it still has the Asian 2836 in it, the rough crown operation is a known issue. It is recommended to update the "keyless works" mechanism of these asian 2836 movement because they use inferior parts.

I was in the same boat. Since then, I have modded it to a low beat movement using a gen ETA 2836 as the starting base movement.

I would love to do that mod as it is something that really doesn’t sit well with me. It quite ruins the enjoyment of this piece.

Still new here and quite struggling who to ask. Would you tell me what is the rough cost of a gen ETA 2836? Any major difference in between new and second hand (serviced)?

srhoque

28/11/18
I would love to do that mod as it is something that really doesn’t sit well with me. It quite ruins the enjoyment of this piece.

Still new here and quite struggling who to ask. Would you tell me what is the rough cost of a gen ETA 2836? Any major difference in between new and second hand (serviced)?

Contact legend

He can "upgrade" your Asian 2836 to a low beat movement with other gen parts. He can also service and fix other issues. Legend is one of the best watchmakers on this forum, highly recommended.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Contact legend

He can "upgrade" your Asian 2836 to a low beat movement with other gen parts. He can also service and fix other issues. Legend is one of the best watchmakers on this forum, highly recommended.

In the short time I have been around I have come across that name quite a few time ;)

I will do, thank you for your help. Very much appreciated Sir

Reactions: srhoque

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Dear experts,

I just received this QC:

Did they actually manage to get rid of the piss yellow cyclop? Or is this just not a XF?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Revolper looks indeed like a XF (not sure which version exactly as there were inconsistencies about which version comes with which parts)

The cyclops has less green than a blue hue to it - good observation - but like always with those coatings it can change drastically under different lights or even with different angles.
I would ask for another picture from a different perspective or even think about swapping crystal/cyclops in one move by a modder if you are at aiming for the closest to gen look hehe

I think the bigger problem was the green/yellow tint of the AR coating on the crystal - i don't think they got rid of that...

Anyways this particular model in your QC pictures comes with the new style straight graining on the ceramic bezel (which we also find on our 15707 from XF). This is normally not the period correct finish for this reference as the older gen counterpart got a brushed ceramic finish with less refined lines, more like brush strokes rather than the very strong straight lines.
But as other more experienced Members and Modders have reported earlier on in this thread - service parts on recently "restored" watches tend to come with the new finish and of course new style Date font - like seen in your QC pictures too.

In this regard your watch looks like a freshly serviced 15706 gen with exchanged ceramic bezel and new font date while the AR coating of the crystal is propably still green or even blue like seen on many XF reps (also slightly noticeable on the 15202ST XF).

I dont know if i overdid it with the response but i thought it couldn't hurt anyone to refresh some information of the last pages ;)

Darksiderkills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
Does anyone know where to get a new xs rubber strap for my XF V2 diver? Rubber strap broke recently and need a replacement but wasn't sure a normal aftermarket one would fit.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Does anyone know where to get a new xs rubber strap for my XF V2 diver? Rubber strap broke recently and need a replacement but wasn't sure a normal aftermarket one would fit.

You may like to buzz it in WTB section for a more responsive experience as members may have stock to sell it