• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

N0tail_

1/6/17
I think recessed screws depend on the serial of the AP. I've seen gens that have recessed screws whereas others that almost 'bubble' smoothly out of the bezel.

Like Legend said, recessed screws is no longer a viable method to legit check an AP.

Reactions: legend

guessit

17/11/19
My screws are perfect. Rotor was VERY loud but my watchmaker totally fixed it with P5 oil in five minutes.

eYiAn.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think recessed screws depend on the serial of the AP. I've seen gens that have recessed screws whereas others that almost 'bubble' smoothly out of the bezel.

Like Legend said, recessed screws is no longer a viable method to legit check an AP.

I do get it that guys look for recessed screws on the classic ROOs, and that is more (but still not entirely valid). The older models do have more "recessed" screws than the contemporary ROOs and I like the fact that you mentioned a little known observation, that the screws can sometimes even protrude ever so slightly from the bezel surface (or looks to be so)

Reactions: Allure

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
From what I've seen the blue dial doesn't have that sunburst effect where half the dial is shiny and half is matte. It's like a diagonal shine. Is that the case?

Kitaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/19
Thanks for the reply. In that case I will probably go for the black.

How do you find the watch overall? Is the blue dial still beautiful?

Yes it is,
Overall watch feels and looks great, bracelet very comfortable, no rotor noise

Sent from the RWI App

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thanks for the reply. In that case I will probably go for the black.

How do you find the watch overall? Is the blue dial still beautiful?

I think black has the same issue. Was first for the black one but after i saw the Gen (which looks really good) i switched to blue again :D because i dont think that they ever could replicate the gen effect. The blue ones are always more "mate" (the newer ones), so yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

dla329

27/10/19
Here is JF v5 Black dial in daylight and room flight.
I need to see the black Z+ in live. But from the pics, I like the Jf more.

BrianU

12/12/19

My first post. I understand I'm not to ask others if I should accept unless I'm specific. These qc images of my zf came after I asked for others. I note one bevelled corner looked dark from every angle. I then zoomed in on the earliest images. Question: is this something I should reject or can one easily buff something like this out? I'm loathe with the polishing contrast on AP watches to try to buff anything out, but that's a polished edge... I think it is doable. Advice? Is this a little thing or worth rejection?

BrianU

12/12/19
Isn't that just dirt? The rest ist a reflection ?

I hope so, but that's why I'm asking. My other reps I bought in China, so I'm looking for advice. :) You'd accept though?

guessit

17/11/19

My first post. I understand I'm not to ask others if I should accept unless I'm specific. These qc images of my zf came after I asked for others. I note one bevelled corner looked dark from every angle. I then zoomed in on the earliest images. Question: is this something I should reject or can one easily buff something like this out? I'm loathe with the polishing contrast on AP watches to try to buff anything out, but that's a polished edge... I think it is doable. Advice? Is this a little thing or worth rejection?

It could be just a little dirt.

Reactions: BrianU

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
You should be able to have your TD verify what it is. And if it’s not scratched, they’ll clean it off and should send you another photo.

Reactions: BrianU

BrianU

12/12/19
You should be able to have your TD verify what it is. And if it’s not scratched, they’ll clean it off and should send you another photo.

This is what I've done. I used a respected TD found here, but it's night there and, frankly, I wasn't sure if I was being a difficult customer on this one. It seemed too big of a defect (if not dirt) to have made it out of the factory. Thank you!!

Last edited: