• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Subdued

20/11/19

You guys notice the flat marker? Is there any solution? And for those who will say “no one will notice this on the wrist” Im doing this for myself and not for anyone else. Hope some experts help. Thanks

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
If you mean that the lume is flat i stead of ‘bumpy’ then that is what you need to replace. The lume. Not the dial.

Subdued

20/11/19
If you mean that the lume is flat i stead of ‘bumpy’ then that is what you need to replace. The lume. Not the dial.

Lol. You are funny. You just wanna say something without offering any solutions at all.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Subdued dude, that was advice. Dont be a dick. Which bit is not ‘bumpy’ to you? The white inner part? Anyway, go ahead, please replace your dial. Good luck.

Subdued

20/11/19
Subdued dude, that was advice. Dont be a dick. Which bit is not ‘bumpy’ to you? The white inner part? Anyway, go ahead, please replace your dial. Good luck.

"Dont be a dick"? What do you mean by that? What was your advice? Change the lume? Did you specify how to change it? How do I source it? And when I could purchase one hour marker how sure are you it will blend with the rest of the dial? That is why I'm thinking of replacing the whole thing. What was your advice again? Now you agree the solution is changing the dial? Oh well..

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Subdued man you are thick. Two people already told you what to do to replace the lume. Quite aggressive for a noob you are. Your kind is frowned upon around here. Quickly drop in, asks questions and want answers right away without doing you own research. Then get angry when you dont hear what you want to here. If you did not know this, the white inside the markers are the super-luminova. An experienced watch maker or modder needs to remove the little bitty white bits out of the marker, and place new itti bitty goowy new lume inside the markers. Can we let go of your hands now? Will you be able to navigate around here now without adult supervision?

phamhohiep

Looking Around
13/10/19
Asia
I have got my watch from Puretime few days ago but the watch have a scratch on the dial and the minute hand is missing a little blue color on top. Where can i buy the new dial and new hands to replace it guys? :(:(:(

Subdued

20/11/19
Subdued man you are thick. Two people already told you what to do to replace the lume. Quite aggressive for a noob you are. Your kind is frowned upon around here. Quickly drop in, asks questions and want answers right away without doing you own research. Then get angry when you dont hear what you want to here. If you did not know this, the white inside the markers are the super-luminova. An experienced watch maker or modder needs to remove the little bitty white bits out of the marker, and place new itti bitty goowy new lume inside the markers. Can we let go of your hands now? Will you be able to navigate around here now without adult supervision?

Bro, you are the one who used the word 'Dick". Now you used "Agressive and Noob". You keep on calling me names but did I call you a "Moron'? Im asking questions and I'm doing my research. I'm not angry, maybe you are. I know the lume you are talking about. My watch has flat hour marker. Its not the lume that makes it bump. Its the shape of the hour marker. Clearly mine has flat hour marker and the rest are bumpy. so if your hour marker is flat even if you relume it like you suggest it will come out still flat. Do you understand or maybe not? And you think I'm a noob coz i just joined this month?

Subdued

20/11/19
Oh well now I understand. You think the shape of the hour markers depends on the lume application. That's why your solution is to relume. Funny.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Subdued your our markers are just empty shells. The lume is a liquid that fills the hour marker from the bottom (on the dial) to the top of the hour marker. If you dont fill it enough, it will not bulge or ‘bump’. Your hour marker isnt a solid piece with a thin layer of lume on top of it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Subdued your our markers are just empty shells. The lume is a liquid that fills the hour marker from the bottom (on the dial) to the top of the hour marker. If you dont fill it enough, it will not bulge or ‘bump’. Your hour marker isnt a solid piece with a thin layer of lume on top of it.

This is a pretty good explanation. If you still don't understand then Google "how to re-lume watch hands" or "dial" & you will see. You would re-lume all the indices so they all match. While you are at it, you might as well re-lume the hands too. On your watch they just didn't put as much lume on that one marker as they did on the others.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have got my watch from Puretime few days ago but the watch have a scratch on the dial and the minute hand is missing a little blue color on top. Where can i buy the new dial and new hands to replace it guys? .......

Now this is the sort of thing that we have QC for. This should have been caught by your TD even before sending you the pics & then again caught by you upon inspection.

Now that you have the watch you are going to have to contact your TD and see what they will want to do about it. Most likely they will ask you to return the watch.

Some TD's are much better than others about spotting this sort of thing.

Reactions: phamhohiep

phamhohiep

Looking Around
13/10/19
Asia
Now this is the sort of thing that we have QC for. This should have been caught by your TD even before sending you the pics & then again caught by you upon inspection.

Now that you have the watch you are going to have to contact your TD and see what they will want to do about it. Most likely they will ask you to return the watch.

Some TD's are much better than others about spotting this sort of thing.

Thank you my friend, the QC pics did not show these scratch. I just saw it when i already got the watch. I have contact to Puretime and hope they have a new dial and hands for me. I will buy them part and replace it with help from local watch maker.
There is QC pic before Puretime sending me.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I bought grey, blue, and black all made by VSF. If you go with the bracelet make sure you are getting a V2. The middle link is wider. There is a lot of info in this thread about the V1 and V2 bracelet.

Subdued

20/11/19
This is a pretty good explanation. If you still don't understand then Google "how to re-lume watch hands" or "dial" & you will see. You would re-lume all the indices so they all match. While you are at it, you might as well re-lume the hands too. On your watch they just didn't put as much lume on that one marker as they did on the others.

Thanks. A complicated solution indeed. Sourcing a new dial is more logical then.

Matt88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/19
Gentlemen, your advice is much appreciated. Since I lost a bit of weight the bracelet might need a link removal... The last and first and only time I adjusted it was when my SMP arrived and it was a nightmare. Tried all the tips and tricks possible, even scratched a screw or two in the process... as I dont want to enter the gates of hell to open again and spend a few hours like last time my question is simple - what would you consider the proper screwdriver for these screws ? Perhaps anything I can order from Ali ? If you can confirm the size of the screws it would be great ! Thank you for your help!