• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Pelagic Vvvlllooo Do you guys still have your QC pics? If so I'd love to see them for reference. Issue with the 8 aside, the color of both your inserts is great. Some TD listings and QC pics show colors that are much darker, and I have seen one non-TD with a basically brown/black insert. I'm curious if the TDs are just using bad lighting. If your QC pics showed dark colors like Soriku got, I'd feel good about an order.
Here you go buddy..I ask my TD to make sure the dates were centered..to look for that as the number one thing for me.

Reactions: Neo_7

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Lighting plays a big part on the insert. I doubt any of them are a different color. I have seen different transition points though. I’ve seen some that are very close and some that aren’t. Luck of the draw I guess.

Truthfully with these new 3185/6 movements out I would wait and see what vrf or ARF come out with.

This noob is nice but the movement sucks. Noobs case is amazing but the tube position is off to install one of the new movements in it.

Noob movement sucks big time..wait until they come with clone or ARF or VRF comes out with pepsi.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
hahahaha I feel attacked. As true as that is, I just can't unsee that red part inside the 8.

yea not at all just picking on ya, means I lIke ya..best pepsi..for now.more concerned for the insert color to be closer to gen rather than the little off 8...;) like a member had said earlier..test driving..I can't do a LN..too vanilla for me mate. Already sat on the bus, can’t get off now without it costing more so I’ll just wait and enjoy my Pepsi.

Last edited:

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Your insert looks great to me. The QC photos look washed out, mostly cause there’s too much white light reflection on them.

I’d like to wait for a better movement, but so far, only noob’s transition looks good to me.

I think exactly the same. Noob combined the best case construction overall with the best color bezel nuance.
Obviously if there’s to much light or it’s too dark colors reflect them. Black, blue, red, brown...doesn’t matter.
But hey just look at those colors...stunning piece. Then maybe in the future could be possible to swap the movement with the new Asian clone from ARF... who knows..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I think exactly the same. Noob combined the best case construction overall with the best color bezel nuance.
Obviously if there’s to much light or it’s too dark colors reflect them. Black, blue, red, brown...doesn’t matter.
But hey just look at those colors...stunning piece. Then maybe in the future could be possible to swap the movement with the new Asian clone from ARF... who knows..

very hard swap.i was very interested in doing this but it would cost too much vs..just buying an arf or vrf and swapping out the parts...leaving a wrong noob combination...best route is wait for arf or arf pepsi..or swap parts over from noob.at the end of the day those F**kers got us..lol

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
very hard swap.i was very interested in doing this but it would cost too much vs..just buying an arf or vrf and swapping out the parts...leaving a wrong noob combination...best route is wait for arf or arf pepsi..or swap parts over from noob.at the end of the day those F**kers got us..lol

Ahahahaha that's so fun anyway..! :) Yes I agree with you...but maybe if we wait until ARF release his Pepsi...we can have a good chance...like others already do with the ceramic Daytona.... cross our fingers!!
In the meantime...I'm waiting my QC for this beautiful Noob.... and I've already ordered a gen crystal... ;-)

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

grandphuba

8/4/18
yea not at all just picking on ya, means I lIke ya..best pepsi..for now.more concerned for the insert color to be closer to gen rather than the little off 8...;) like a member had said earlier..test driving..I can't do a LN..too vanilla for me mate. Already sat on the bus, can’t get off now without it costing more so I’ll just wait and enjoy my Pepsi.

I kinda feel the opposite as I actually like the current color and could be chalked up to different MKs, but the red inside the 8 was never in the gen even in the previous models.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I kinda feel the opposite as I actually like the current color and could be chalked up to different MKs, but the red inside the 8 was never in the gen even in the previous models.[/QUOTE

curious to see what you think the best Pepsi rep is right now?

Last edited:
Reactions: rolexwatchfan

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I just ordered a VRF Batman and Noob BLRO from intime for an expensive and probably objectively silly build. I'll put the 126710 bracelet and bezel on the Batman, along with a generic red 3185/6 GMT hand. Not sure if I'll bother with the 126710 dial. Unclear if anyone will want a Noob CHS Batman with a red hand, but I'll defray the (again, silly) cost by selling the hyrbid remains.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just ordered a VRF Batman and Noob BLRO from intime for an expensive and probably objectively silly build. I'll put the 126710 bracelet and bezel on the Batman, along with a generic red 3185/6 GMT hand. Not sure if I'll bother with the 126710 dial. Unclear if anyone will want a Noob CHS Batman with a red hand, but I'll defray the (again, silly) cost by selling the hyrbid remains.

You'd be better off sourcing an aftermarket LN insert for the Noob, with a red GMT hand it's old school colors. Looks better and easier to sell than a Batman with red hand. My 2 cents. Are you talking about swapping the whole bezel or just the insert? I applaud your iniative to innovate, good luck and remember, we are all counting on you, haha.
​​​​​
​​​​

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
You'd be better off sourcing an aftermarket LN insert for the Noob, with a red GMT hand it's old school colors. Looks better and easier to sell than a Batman with red hand. My 2 cents. Are you talking about swapping the whole bezel or just the insert? I applaud your iniative to innovate, good luck and remember, we are all counting on you, haha.
​​​​​
​​​​

Haha

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
​​​​​
​​​​

Brilliant idea man. Funny enough, before I made the bad decision to mash a Noob and VRF, the other build I was considering was VRF Batman (all white dial text), gen or ARF black insert, red GMT hand. 16710 style. Maybe even have lug holes drilled. I'll post a thread when it comes together... whenever that happens.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
UPDATE: I received my Noob Pepsi from Ryan and posted that right out of the box, the hour hand would get stuck @ 10pm every day. Sent it to a US watchmaker and he thought he had it fixed. Two days on my wrist and the same problem started happening again.

Sent it back to be looked at again. He called me last night and said the movement is impossibly bad and he's unable to get in is working order. I asked him to try and find an ICHS movement that he could retrofit into my piece. What a disappointment for $700! Ugh..........

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
UPDATE: I received my Noob Pepsi from Ryan and posted that right out of the box, the hour hand would get stuck @ 10pm every day. Sent it to a US watchmaker and he thought he had it fixed. Two days on my wrist and the same problem started happening again.

Sent it back to be looked at again. He called me last night and said the movement is impossibly bad and he's unable to get in is working order. I asked him to try and find an ICHS movement that he could retrofit into my piece. What a disappointment for $700! Ugh..........

Sorry to hear but that's unfortunately how bad the old CHS movement is. Look at KJ2020 's thread somewhere, he shared how to kinda repair a broken CHS movement, even though you lose the independence of the GMT hand. May be useful

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I would ask Ryan to source an ICHS movement and a set of hands from this watch.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/5541...eel-edition-black-dial-on-bracelet-a2836.html

Expect to pay ~$150 for it, but once it's done you'll have a reliable watch that should last for years.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

This is ridiculous..you should get your money back

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
This is ridiculous..you should get your money back

contact the TD and insisted on a a partial refund to keep it or send it back. I’d probably rock sending it back for 700

Noob are charging way too much for that watch. But if people will buy them, No need for them to reduce the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk