• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Just to be on the correct side of things : PF & MK v5 or V6 is what you meant instead of V7 :)

It's hard to say how many versions there's in the wild, Patek have a serial number system for each dial color, and it goes far beyond V2, V2 or V3 :lol: but what is certain is that the beauty of this rep game is the plethora of choice regarding the colors, I find the BP dial very pleasing to the eye, V6F color is also very nice to look at despite the incorrect piano pattern.

Yes I meant MKF v6.
There are only 3 different gen Nautilus 5711 blue dials not including 5711/1p 40th anniversary but that dial is extreamly similar in color to 5711 pre 2016 which is vivid blue - it doesn’t have any gray hue - it’s slightly on purple side in half light.
it’s total misinformation when people says MKF v6 and PF v2 are not accurate when it comes to color because gen has grayish hue.
i seriously think mkf and PF did very good job on dial color.
now, Nautilus repped by ppf should have blue / grayish hue because that version (box around logo and thin date font) come only with that shade of blue. Basically all gen 5711 blue dials released during and after 2016 are blue/gray. They decided to put box around logo and thin date font very recently.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
At least it's not a yellow jacket... and I guess you meant "Garlic-charm filled" right ?

I'm Spanish. To me, garlic-filled is a compliment!

On another note, are those Nautilus cufflinks? If so, may I ask where did you get them and how decent are they, please?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
i think ZF is one of the top tier factories and they have enough money and willpower to achieve decent results - they got the 5167 prettifying much spot on with a bit too much brushing in the sun burst finish but color wise they did a good job.

I know that the blue one is a completely different story but ZF has proven in the past that they only allow decent products to leave the factory.
I am not saying everything is perfect, without flaws or even perfectly gen like

BUT i have also high hopes that they try to implement a new marketing/business strategy by eliminating the competition by releasing best results in the first place without Vxx and so on.
ZF has done a magnificent job until now and i couldn't be more satisfied with what we have seen the past year and what the rep game has become.

So the question is, when are ZF going to come with a Nautilus rep?!?

DC

Reactions: stufuse

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'm Spanish. To me, garlic-filled is a compliment!

On another note, are those Nautilus cufflinks? If so, may I ask where did you get them and how decent are they, please?

Complimenting Glaude is against forum rules; you're going to have to leave I'm afraid.

They are sort of Patek cufflinks. He made me buy some too. He thinks they're excellent quality, I think they're ok quality. The ones we got are the last choice, the furthest right picture here. Credit to Glaude for finding them.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/pp-s...-nail/416058808.html?skuid=477357769542979588

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
really only one semi good picture to work with, the last blue one

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
To be honest, the lume colour looks spot on, and the hands shape and relief looks amazing. It seems to have less sunburst effect but the colour is not terrible. Let's see that blue in natural light.

Reactions: vcappp

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
yeah but sunburst is key, doesnt have to be spot on, but has to be there